[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

I actually WANT to catch a Zubat and evolve it now.

Yes, Fire Red 386. Patch it with Moemon FIRST, then the 386 IPS.

Oh, and I forgot to mention something about sprite editing. The bigger sprites like Caterpie end up going low due to a positioning problem because of offsets and other mumbo jumbo I don't understand. The Nameless doesn't have the capabilities to fix that issue, but you can get the Advanced Toolbox and that includes an extremely easy to use positioner for the pokemon sprites. So if you DO decide to put in the work and edit an existing ROMhack with Moemon you need both the Nameless Sprite editor and the Toolkit. If you decide to do this PM me and I'll show you how to get it done, I'm about halfway through editing a game myself.

Sounds like a hassle to do, but that's pretty interesting. I'd like to know more. :D

I'm a complete noob at anything regarding Pokemon game hacking though, so be gentle. :/

Also, the Moemon + 386 patch is working, though the trainer sprite has a graphical glitch. Thanks a lot for that!

All those new Moemon sprites... Hnnnngh. *dies of overdose of moe*

I think I'm addicted now. 0_0 Can't wait for the next patch. Do I just overwrite the old one, or use a clean rom again?

I read all 59 pages of this thread and the 20 pages of the other locked topic and I must say this is amazing and thank you for doing it I personally prefer to play emerald over fire red since emerald has contests so I've spent about fifteen hours extracting bmps with nse and inserting them into emerald after expanding the canvas in paint.net and copy/paste into new layer so I could have the awesome moemon from this patch in emerald I hope you don't mind that I did so I don't plan on releasing it I've been collecting all the alternate arts that have been posted and now several moemon have anims on emerald so thank you I will continue to pay attention to all the amazing work you do and just know that you all have a fan in me

First of all i LOVE your work. These sprites are just adoreable. And i just looked through McMagister's Collection of Moemon Sprites an noticed taht there are a lot of Gen 4 and 5 sprites in there. Are there any plans to make Moemon versions of these games? Would be great to see these games sometime in the future. And if not....you are doing great work on this one already so keep up the good work please ;)

All those new Moemon sprites... Hnnnngh. *dies of overdose of moe*

I think I'm addicted now. 0_0 Can't wait for the next patch. Do I just overwrite the old one, or use a clean rom again?

Thanks, and you should use a clean rom.

I read all 59 pages of this thread and the 20 pages of the other locked topic and I must say this is amazing and thank you for doing it I personally prefer to play emerald over fire red since emerald has contests so I've spent about fifteen hours extracting bmps with nse and inserting them into emerald after expanding the canvas in paint.net and copy/paste into new layer so I could have the awesome moemon from this patch in emerald I hope you don't mind that I did so I don't plan on releasing it I've been collecting all the alternate arts that have been posted and now several moemon have anims on emerald so thank you I will continue to pay attention to all the amazing work you do and just know that you all have a fan in me

Welcome Missiri and did you know CaptainSpectacular has made Ruby and Emerald patches for Moemon?  You might want to collaborate with him if you haven't already.  And thanks for your support!  I will continue to make new sprites!

First of all i LOVE your work. These sprites are just adoreable. And i just looked through McMagister's Collection of Moemon Sprites an noticed taht there are a lot of Gen 4 and 5 sprites in there. Are there any plans to make Moemon versions of these games? Would be great to see these games sometime in the future. And if not....you are doing great work on this one already so keep up the good work please ;)

There aren't any plans to make Moemon versions of Gen 4 and 5 games, but I do know that some of those sprites are used in Japanese rom hacks of moemon.  Also welcome to the forums Shinrai!

Pidgey x4

016%20Pidgey%20Front%20v1%20variations%2

@Moetal

Ok, I can work on Pidgeot but you should contact the original pixel artist for Muk.

Well, too bad there are no plans. But who knows, maybe there will be someday. One can always hope. And while i'm doing this i'm going to dream of Moemon X/Y(not really possible but dreaming should be allowed :P ). And these Pidgey's are cute, maybe a little big for a Pidgey but still pretty damn cute. If I had to choose it'd be either number 2 or 3.
Just started Playing it with 386. When my Moedex is completed I'm going to give some Ideas for sprites that could maybe be improved ^^
One I know right now would be Kingler, kinda not really happy with it ;)

Welcome thief001 and there are many image hosting sites where you can upload your images like photobucket and tinypic.  These sites will let you copy a URL that links to your image, see this video.

Personally I use dropbox because it is integrated with Windows explorer so I don't need to deal with a slow web app.

016%20Pidgey%20Back%20v1%20x2.png

If possible I would like the shiny to be like this:

016%20Pidgey%20Front%20v1%20Shiny%20x2.p

because it has Nonon's colour scheme.

@Magi

First and third are the best. You can decide between those two. Her backsprite's sidebang/braidwhatyacallit are longer than her front sprite's; either lengthen the front's or shorten the backsprite's,

Her blue is actually a pale blue. You want it light blue or Nonon blue?

[spoiler]Kill-la-Kill-Nonon-Jakuzure-Cosplay-Cost

[spoiler]I actually can't stand her voice and I didn't even survive past first episode.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Anything and everything posted here are contributed towards Moemon Project. You relinquish your rights on it as soon you press that post button. Besides, I don't think he would mind if you edit his sprites just to make it more moemoe.

I'm just wondering is there a version that just replaces the sprites? I would like to use it with the Liquid Crystal mod.

This is the version that just replaces the sprites.

[spoiler]This patch only works with Pokemon Fire Red version though.[/spoiler]

I'm just wondering is there a version that just replaces the sprites? I would like to use it with the Liquid Crystal mod.

Moemon Fire Red Revival.

Not Universal Moemon Sprite Pack.

You can always add the sprites manually.

maximum7412 if you just wanna use the sprites on liquid crystal here is what you need

Irfanview

paint.net

Nameless Sprite Editor

Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor

Advanced Sprite Position Editor

and alot of free time

first open moemon firered in nse and extract each pokemon sprite front back and shiny versions then in paint.net open up a front sprite click on rectangle select in the tools tab and highlight the whole image then click image then canvas size and make the image 64 by 128 then click edit paste and move the new image into the empty space and save it (only do this for front sprites back sprites require no extra work to import) then open the image in irfanview and open the image tab and select decrease color depth and choose 16 then save and import the sprite in Advance Pokemon Sprite Editor then open the rom you just imported to in   advanced Sprite Position Editor and align the pokemon and voila you just put a moemon in liquid crystal