[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

I'm sure this question has probably been asked before, but where can I find a clean fire red v1.0 rom that is compatible with this patch?? I own the physical game, but I want to play with moemons so bad now that I have discovered this!!

43 minutes ago, galaxy said:

I'm sure this question has probably been asked before, but where can I find a clean fire red v1.0 rom that is compatible with this patch?? I own the physical game, but I want to play with moemons so bad now that I have discovered this!!

You'll have to find a ROM yourself.

@Septentrion Latias looks kinda mischievous with those eyebrows, maybe soften them (not angled down so much near the inner parts I guess?) so she looks bubbly like she normally does?

Spoiler

380.png

A shame that we only have 16 colors available to use for these, though blue eyes are nice too. Good work, everyone!

Edited by GetRekdm8

Tried to make more bubbly, but I don't want her to look so young.

2bzlNhl.png

Shinies. Alternate universe USAF for Latios. Rightmost is just hue shift. The other Latios is an attempt to make his military attire serious looking. I know his eyes don't work right now.

Edited by Septentrion

@McMagister

Her right arm/hand seems a bit blocky, feels like there should be more curvy around her wrist. I think it might be because her hands are a bit small. Her "legs" are ok, but when it gets to the end of the tail it starts to looks a bit odd.

Below is a bit chopped off, but hope it helps.

Spoiler

eas___male_mermaid_by_youkiosu_chan-d5bz

2 minutes ago, ThatGuyChris said:

This is probably gonna sound stupid but, i have the old moemon 1.8 revival winrar file, and i saw its been updated, i have the IPS file for 1.95, so how do i patch it? does it apply to the winrar file or do i patch the full on rom? @Moetal pls help ;-;

You need a new clean ROM. Saved games files will not need any update.

10 hours ago, CrookedWings427 said:

@Septentrion

You could try some science with this

znCjETG_1.png

Phone apps don't do that well.. 

I did use some science. She looks a bit younger than I want.

Because I don't know how cartoons work, I don't know what I did when I tried to make Latios's eyes more distinct. It was for shiny compatibility. I might have to redo entire hair instead.

t08IAGk.png

25 minutes ago, Septentrion said:

You need a new clean ROM. Saved games files will not need any update.

I did use some science. She looks a bit younger than I want.

Because I don't know how cartoons work, I don't know what I did when I tried to make Latios's eyes more distinct. It was for shiny compatibility. I might have to redo entire hair instead.

t08IAGk.png

@Septentrion i patch a clean fire red mod, the game loads up fine but whenever i encounter a wild pokemon the game crashes ;-; how do i fix this, is it the rom???

I'm playing catch-up since my laptop has been dying the past couple of weeks and I ended up buying a new PC.

I think these are "finished" sets:

ks5nggt.png

H09kyWa.png

6C1jOEq.png

yHpqcKs.png

ui4sTfQ.png

1ePxXem.png

lolRdmn.png

DSGWVgE.png

6ZaaeFU.png

cyKr0Fq.png

g4OXjzD.png

I made some edits to Qwilfish's back sprite hat tail.  Everything else is basically untouched other than a little bit of color palette correcting.

Not sure about the shiny colors on some of these.

Edit:

Oh yeah, +1 to keeping Clefairy's hair curly.

Edited by Kickern

@McMagister

seel2.png

The problem with the right arm was that it was blocky and straight like a stick, see if the edit show you what I mean. I felt the head was off centered from the body and the tail wasn't large enough, feel free to disregard.

Also helped Seel lose some weight on the face and sync designs a bit.