[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

A couple of his earlier images on there (Grumpig and Spoink) were saved as jpg.  I'm working on fixing Grumpig atm.

Edit:

I found a pair of really handy plugins for Paint.Net that made fixing the palette a cinch, but they're not perfect, so I had to do a lot of pixel correcting:

Csm17KIUkAAaIOD.jpg -> xNtQthu.png -> 4C9sY0q.png

Edit 2:

LV4k6qq.png

Edit 3:

I'm a dummy, he has a download link in one of his later tweets that has all the sprites with shinies already.  Disregard the above.

Edited by Kickern

@Kickern

Spoink and Grumpig, Larvitar and Pupitar (Larvitar could be more moe, tbh, but better than what we have atm), Makuhita (same idea as Larvitar)

Zangoose has a much better body, but the face could use some work.

EDIT:

Also went to make a new starter sheet, and apparently our Ivysaur in the patch is still the LARGE Ivysaur rather than the shrink one I made long ago. Also Wartortle's head looks huge compare to Blastoise now that I put them side by side.

start.png

Edited by Moetal

@Moetal

Here's Spoink and Grumpig exactly as Aozane has them in the zip file:

QtlvOwz.png

TC3NXX4.png

IMO, eye patches are not moe, and never will be.  Had to make shiny color palettes for Larvitar and Pupitar:

XVcbuQe.png

dCUD6h8.png

I made some edits to Makuhita's hair, it was too boring being just a blob of 1 color, and there was room for another color.  Shiny palette is from the old sprite with some very minor adjustments:

s2k9TfG.png

Had to recolor Zangoose's claws to make shiny work with the red claws.  Also recolored the eyes; I didn't like the yellow eyes she originally had:

hnrOYbH.png

I also have Regirock, Regice, and Registeel sets done if you want.  Regice's new eyes look... ice cold and are a bit creepy, otherwise they all look better than what we have now, I think.

j91PLnq.png

owjA2g1.png

V4QDCe8.png

Edit:

I kinda want that Alolan Vulpix modified and recolored to use as the normal form...

Edited by Kickern

I also English is poor. And rude in machine translation. Thank you for contacting me. However, I do not welcome the modification of the dot picture by you guys. It would not be a permit in the future. I'm not angry. Outside of Japan, I think that it's a "common thing". However, I will never be actively involved in your side of the forum.

With that said, it is entirely within your own discretion whether to edit or mod aozone's sprite(s) or not. 

And the show must go on.

gir.pngi1fi2p.png

RIP backsprite never.

weyIZx7.pngaA5a0j3.png  

Left front or right front's eyes? Any further edits? This looks done to me, more or less.

@Kickern

piJdxOc.png

7brF61z.png

I know you made a set, but you made this after.

N4tcffG.pnghera3.png (256×128)

I've put in Scizor for now. Scyther/Pinsir/Heracross feels like they can sync more in scale since they're "rivals".

iYFRXeI.pngtOfnbOI.png

Need more syncing. Masquerain's legs still disturb me, and there's something about the front/backsprite's face not syncing up. Both faces are very cute but the backsprite looks a lot younger than the front.

I like the right face for Luvdisc.

I honestly forgot about Girafarig and Shiftry. Until we get one of the like 3 people who can do backsprites do actually do them, those poor moemon will never be complete. That said...

Girafarig looks pretty done to me (just needs the backsprite).

Shiftry seems a bit dull, might be the amount of brown. Can another color be added?