[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Hey guys, first time poster here.
Thanks a lot for making this ''cutesy version'' of Pokemon even possible. I'm looking forward further updates and am eagerly waiting for the new patch that's (seemingly) about to be released. :)

Anyways, there is a reason that I'm writing this.
I'm sure some of you may or may not be aware that TwitchPlaysPokemon has been started playing Touhoumon and Moemon simultaneously. During play,it seems like there occured a glitch in Moemon (the version is still unknown, but I personally am very confident it's the latest one) that resulted in getting a team full with level 2 ivysaurs, when trying to get back a Moemon from the daycare.

Screenshot for reference: http://i.imgur.com/0Iw7chI.png

Also, taken from a website dealing with the current TwitchPlays thing:

''When Moemon visited the Day Care, the game froze, and they somehow got a party of six level 2 Ivysaurs at 119% health, 5 badges, and 3848192002 poke-bucks. Obviously, a reset was necessary.''

Source: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/LetsPlay/TwitchPlaysTouhoumonAndMoemon

So, is this glitch caused by the Moemon patch itself? Is it something vanilla? Does it just occur on the (U) version of the game?
Or maybe, is it even something I haven't thought about?
Just thought I would let Moetal (and anyone else actively involved in this project) know about a bug in Moemon being present; it seems like this hasn't been reported yet.

Edited by animeloverxX93

Hey guys, first time poster here.
Thanks a lot for making this ''cutesy version'' of Pokemon even possible. I'm looking forward further updates and am eagerly waiting for the new patch that's (seemingly) about to be released. :)

Anyways, there is a reason that I'm writing this.
I'm sure some of you may or may not be aware that TwitchPlaysPokemon has been started playing Touhoumon and Moemon simultaneously. During play,it seems like there occured a glitch in Moemon (the version is still unknown, but I personally am very confident it's the latest one) that resulted in getting a team full with level 2 ivysaurs, when trying to get back a Moemon from the daycare.

Screenshot for reference: http://i.imgur.com/0Iw7chI.png

Also, taken from a website dealing with the current TwitchPlays thing:

''When Moemon visited the Day Care, the game froze, and they somehow got a party of six level 2 Ivysaurs at 119% health, 5 badges, and 3848192002 poke-bucks. Obviously, a reset was necessary.''

Source: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/LetsPlay/TwitchPlaysTouhoumonAndMoemon

So, is this glitch caused by the Moemon patch itself? Is it something vanilla? Does it just occur on the (U) version of the game?
Or maybe, is it even something I haven't thought about?
Just thought I would let Moetal (and anyone else actively involved in this project) know about a bug in Moemon being present; it seems like this hasn't been reported yet.

not Moetal, but I've looked at the insides of Moemon patch before.

Glitch most likely due to another patch conflicting with moemon patch (assuming another patch is being used).

moemon patch itself is rather large and uses an area of the rom that is commonly shared with other patches (I believe it's somewhere from x700000 to a little after x800000; patch moemon to clean FR and compare the hex data with the clean FR)

the only thing that moemon replaces is the sprites themselves.

could also be a random glitch

@animelover

As Septentrion and Ikarus have pointed out, my patch only changes the sprites and does not affect the actual gameplay. As far as I know, there is no notable glitch associated with my sprite replacement patch. The glitches Twitch plays is experiencing is most likely due to incompatibility among the patches/mods/hacks they are using.

Also, what kind of madman would not want a team of six Ivysaurs? Magi would've been proud.

Also, I was in the twitch plays chat for a good two minutes. I'm just gonna be honest and say I didn't have what it takes to handle the spam and autism overload.

Edited by Moetal