Phase II; PokeMMO with IV physical/special split (Suspect testing Dragonite and Gyarados)

You must not know what a suspect means kid.

Not a kid but Every time there is a suspect test, that poke gets banned. But I'm not delaying this. I don't think either are op. Dnite is to slow and slowbro stops it cold same with flygon. Unless you predict the crunch but that's back to the same topic of predictions.

Either way I think we should let the bans stay where there at and give it a month and let people adapt. If peeople can't stop either then it warrents a ban.

But hell we had the update for a week and we're going on to 3-4 bans possibly already.

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 222-262 (56.3 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Now I do understand why Outrage is banned

Hhmm. So ban all dragon's because of stab Dragon? All because of magnetob and trio being competitive now days. Prove me wrong tier council that we won't have an uber tier again with mschamp as our physical attacker.

Either way I think we should let the bans stay where there at and give it a month and let people adapt. If peeople can't stop either then it warrents a ban.

But hell we had the update for a week and we're going on to 3-4 bans possibly already.

Did you read the OP.

Dragonite should have been banned a long time ago. Dragon Claw, Superpower, ExtremeSpeed, Wing Attack, Fire punch are just too strong. Not only the diverse movepool, but also an incredible bulk. I understand the concept of prediction, but when the prediction becomes only about "guess or loose your pokemon" it defeats the purpose of strategy and teambuilding.

He changed the title. I don't think gyardos is an issue with clpyster and its ability that will make it common

This thread is not a suspect test for PokeMMO. It is talking about a metagame like PokeMMO, but 4th gen moves. We do not have 4th gen moves. This thread is not suspecting any pokemon in PokeMMO.

also wtf does cloyster have to do with this lol. 

Dragonite should have been banned a long time ago. Dragon Claw, Superpower, ExtremeSpeed, Wing Attack, Fire punch are just too strong. Not only the diverse movepool, but also an incredible bulk. I understand the concept of prediction, but when the prediction becomes only about "guess or loose your pokemon" it defeats the purpose of strategy and teambuilding.

Only if you predict right dnite becomes op the argument could be made. You predict wrong it's set up bait. The days of safe switch ins I think are over.

Everyone and their mother gets punches now.

This is what happend when u put some Gen IV mechanics in a Gen III based game

We have lack of pokemons, abilitys and moves for have a balanced metagame...

This is why in gen III dragon moves was all special and all the dragons have a better attk stat (unless kingdra who has the same for both and meh 95)

So gib us all pokemanz or recognize this was a bad idea or at least something that was not well thought

Xcell bro, if I predict right you say Dnite is a set up bait (okay, 1 layer of spikes), but if I predict wrong I loose a pokemon lol And that happens everytime Dnite comes in. I don't need safe switches, I need a balanced metagame.

Agreed with the post above. The split without gen lV mechanics was a wrong idea since the beginning. Now we will have to start banning everything. Banned ttar, may have to ban heracross. Banned mence and possibly dnite and gyarados, then ban heracross for sure, plus add dugtrio to that list. Ban dugtrio, then ban metagross and blaziken. Without the split we could have enjoyed all, if not all of them. Waiting for uber tourneys.

i think we can test the actual metagame whit the previous OU-UU-NU list we have

make some obvious bans like azumarill, salamence, venomoth?

and then we test that shit...if something is broken..go hammerban..but we need to se in game how people gonna counter that...how good is slowbro against flygon, gyara, nite, etc...and how bad is swampert against all of them

just my opinion..but i see is a healthy way to do stuffs

and that way we can have 3 tiers again xD

Edited by Sacky

Okay, I complain too much, but to be honest I am excited lol Just ban that Dnite already and we are set. Not sure about flygon and gyarados, but I don't think they are as bad. Upcoming tourneys should be interesting.

Tbh I think gyardos gonna be more op then dhite.

A balanced metageame the way we think is safe switch ins Is gone with the switch. Practically every poke can go mixed and can run punches. A lot get new stabs. Think about machamp it can take our everything now and has bulk. Are we banning it next? Because every wall I'd threatened and has guts.

Tbh I think gyardos gonna be more op then dhite.

A balanced metageame the way we think is safe switch ins Is gone with the switch. Practically every poke can go mixed and can run punches. A lot get new stabs. Think about machamp it can take our everything now and has bulk. Are we banning it next? Because every wall I'd threatened and has guts.

You're probably not serious about Machamp, but either way there are no grounds to ban it because it is really slow.

What I see as real offensive threats are Blaziken, Heracross and Medicham, all due to their access to STAB reversal (and salac to outspeed everything). But I doubt they deserve the boot.

You're probably not serious about Machamp, but either way there are no grounds to ban it because it is really slow.

What I see as real offensive threats are Blaziken, Heracross and Medicham, all due to their access to STAB reversal (and salac to outspeed everything). But I doubt they deserve the boot.

I fear that once ESpeed Drago will get the boot (and I'm pretty sure it will), we will not have much to stop them other than Gyara, which will probably also get the boot. Blaziken maybe won't get the iron boot of gay, as it gets stopped cold by Slowbro, no idea about Medicham since I haven't done my homework and didn't do research on it, but Heracross will get the boot in like 200%. It's simply gonna start the domino effect we had previously and will end with Slowbro + Blissey defensive core in every team. Woooo! Wall stall toxic spikes spinblock meta we all love shall triumph once again!

But that's my point. Dnite is also slow. And it's not like ice beams are not flying around everywhere so it's going to have a hard time coming in.

Tbh I think part of the issue is this: most people just try to take out pokes and now are starting to see that when they take out poke B dnite can come in on a free switch and force the poke that killed it out. For example snorlax vrs starmie, and snorlax pursuits statmoe. Opponent can send in dnite and force the switch and if then the opponent that had snorlax is weak or doesn't have a wall to take this hit or predict wrong then it makes dnite look op. But in reality dnite is hard to bring in and doesn't have the speed ttomake a threat.

Dnite usually run bulk to take that ice beam but now with things like swampert around its hard for it to come in till late game.

Mence on the other hand you could argue that you can bring it in any time because of the speed and intimidate.

Dnite does not have that. And that's why I said about gyardos being seen more with the bulk intimidate and that speed boost.

But those reversal pokes. If we ban dnite we will have the same issue with reversal like we did 4 months ago. Dnite is the one thing that keeps them in check Edited by Excelimpulse

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.