[OU Discussion] Dugtrio

GD lemme clarify, regarding your commemt

I think a test ban on Dugtrio is pointless. A test ban would prove nothing. Nobody has established that Dugtrio is in any way centralizing, limiting team building etc. It clearly isn't taking away viability from pokes or anything. However I think Dugtrio should be banned straight up. No need for a test because "dur snorlax was tested so wynaut test dug." Dugtrio should either stay or go, no in between. I believe it is uncompetitive in how it revenge kills. I believe it takes away player autonomy. I think it should be banned. But that's just me.

Regarding the pokemon I use, and your attack. I use Dugtrio, Snorlax and Blissey for 2 reasons. One reason being they are the 3 best in the tier, in my opinion. Lax is broken, why not run it. Dug is broken, why not run it. Bliss walls every special attacker, why not run it. Second reason for my OU team selection is, I am by no means an OU expert. I don't have a lot of comps. Gotta borrow what I can, so I borrow the broken stuff.

Edited by DrCraig

Its just from what i see people fail to see that dug is not good for the meta so a test ban would probably maybe just maybe possible that it will enlighten everyone, better than just having it stay forever.

I think Dugtroo itself is uncompetitive. How does a test ban help? By making the meta 'not bad'? How does Dugtrio even influence the meta? I see Blissey and Snorlax, its main victims, everywhere. So how does it? Does it influence team building? What will usage statistics even prove afterward? Dugtrio is simply its own menace, and due to its ability you really can't just 'counter' it(you know what I mean, I'm not talking about aero coming in when something dies) or make an anti dugtrio team. Edited by DrCraig
The whole purpose of running a test ban is to see if the meta becomes healther (if I'm right). The purpose of banning Snorlax was to see what people would use instead of Snorlax or what other kind of teams people would run. 

The main question is, when you know your opponent has a Dugtrio, do you stop running Heracross, Metagross or either of the special walls? If the answer to that is no, then the test ban is pointless because people will want to run the best of the best. There will be some hesitation for sure but a test ban would result in nothing.

Imo dugtrio needs to just go.
Edited by NikhilR

I think Dugtroo itself is uncompetitive. How does a test ban help? By making the meta 'not bad'? How does Dugtrio even influence the meta? I see Blissey and Snorlax, its main victims, everywhere. So how does it? Does it influence team building? What will usage statistics even prove afterward? Dugtrio is simply its own menace, and due to its ability you really can't just 'counter' it(you know what I mean, I'm not talking about aero coming in when something dies) or make an anti dugtrio team.

I don't think he means that. Dugtrio does not prevent us from running Snorlax, Metagross or Heracross. But Dugtrio does  prevent them from being as effective as possible because of how prone they are to getting trapped by Dug. In other words, Hera and co would be a much bigger threat without Dugtrio as Dugtrio keeps them in check quite well.

Anyway I don't really have an opinion about this one.

I don't think Dugtrio dissuades people from running Blissey, Snorlax, Metagross, Heracross, Arcanine, etc. because it has a possibility of trapping them. But that's my opinion. I think it has no influence because Dugtrio is a nuisance that is simply unavoidably there. If it should be moved it should be atleast agreed upon for what premise it should be banned upon. Support, uncompetitive or being unhealthy are the possibilies I see (POSSIBILITIES). I don't think health is one of them, thus no test.

I don't think he means that. Dugtrio does not prevent us from running Snorlax, Metagross or Heracross. But Dugtrio does  prevent them from being as effective as possible because of how prone they are to getting trapped by Dug. In other words, Hera and co would be a much bigger threat without Dugtrio as Dugtrio keeps them in check quite well.

If anything, that makes dugtrio sound healthy by keeping the best pokemon in check, lmao. Just because it does it in an uncompetitive way means nothing in terms of healthiness

I don't think Dugtrio dissuades people from running Blissey, Snorlax, Metagross, Heracross, Arcanine, etc. because it has a possibility of trapping them. But that's my opinion. I think it has no influence because Dugtrio is a nuisance that is simply unavoidably there. If it should be moved it should be atleast agreed upon for what premise it should be banned upon. Support, uncompetitive or being unhealthy are the possibilies I see (POSSIBILITIES). I don't think health is one of them, thus no test.

I mean that's what I said

I just noticed I used 'does not prevent', I mean 'does prevent'. as in I don't think he means Dugtrio prevents us from using Snorlax etc but that Dugtrio is a way of checking these huge threats.

If anything, that makes dugtrio sound healthy by keeping the best pokemon in check, lmao. Just because it does it in an uncompetitive way means nothing in terms of healthiness

I'd agree, just like how in ADV Dugtrio keeps DDtar in check very well and things like Celebi. Still it's a pretty bullshit Pokémon and a failsafe revenge killer so I can see where people are coming from.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be closing this due to the implementation of our new policies: https://forums.pokem...-tier-policies/

If you feel that this Pokemon needs it's own thread for a more focused discussion, please post your reasoning here: https://forums.pokem...request-thread/

All general OU meta discussion will now take part in the OU viability thread: https://forums.pokem...ability-thread/

Note: ThinkNice has already made a request for Dugtrio - feel free to post any supporting arguments. 

• Munya pinned this topic