Giovanni wants you! (The results)

Noad

Giovanni wants you! Poster contest results.

Before I go through the winners, I would like to say well done to everyone who took part in this contest. It is really nice to see that we have such an artistic community and I hope to see a lot more great artwork in contests to come. Thank you for all of the effort and thought that you put into this poster contest.

FIRST PLACE ENTRY:

TnXITkI.png

Accardi- Hoenn Daycare

Judges felt that this poster was highly original, and loved how Team Rocket was portrayed as an honest and caring organisation for the advertisement. The placing of the words 'Love', 'Compassion' and 'Dedication' were really well placed as it draws your attention and the first thing you see when looking at the poster are these positive words- which we felt was a clever advertising trick. We also loved the humour behind it and how it poked fun out of the new breeding system, the parents disappearing because Team Rocket is taking them. The images are all very high quality and we felt that the text to image ratio was spot on. I personally loved the ageing effect on the poster as it added to the realism- it reminds me of on of those advertisements in a 1950s magazine. Overall I think we can all agree that this was a great entry. Enjoy your prize, Accardi :)

SECOND PLACE ENTRY:

Qnhooxq.png

GloriousWalrus - New Mauville

The judges could really tell that a great amount of thought and effort had gone into this entry and we really liked that Walrus decided to create some original artwork for the poster. We also liked how the location that was chosen was really original- I had not even thought of that place originally but it worked really well. We felt that the map to show how to get to the location was a nice added touch. The humour was also really great and right on the mark- "Team Rocket is not responsible for any injuries, loss of property or self-destructing shinies." I personally liked the use of the square shapes on the poster as it gave it a futuristic feel which I felt tied in well with the New Mauville theme. Well done GloriousWalrus this was a very deserving entry and I am excited to see what you come up with for future art contests!

Honourable Mentions

Even though these did not place first or second, the judges were still very impressed with the following entries.

Robertttttttttt - Lilycove Department Store

HPib80n.png

ZeroZephy - Rydell's Cycles

VeKXKa3.png

Madnokof - Mirage Island

n5L8mcM.png

If you would like to look at the other entries, you can find the Imgur Album here.

Well done to our winners!