[PSL] Administrative Decisions - PSL3

This thread will contain all the administrative decision made in the PokeMMO Super League Season 3. Administrative decisions are things like: activity decisions, tierlist updates, sellbacks, punishments, yellow card etc. All decisions will be posted with a reasoning and will be vetted by Noad and myself.

Like stated in the general thread, official PSL decisions are made by me and are final by the end of a week in which case they will be irreversible for consistency purposes. Managers, do not wait to make an appeal when you see things that aren't right.

Noad and I will be the only ones that may post in this thread. This thread will be on lock, but when it's not do not post in this thread.

Edited by ThinkNice

RE: Last PSL Season 3 Format

After a close vote it has been decided that VGC 2015 will be the last format, this format will replace the second PokeMMO Doubles match. The VGC matches will be a best out of three, switching your teams will not be allowed. The VGC ruleset will be explained in more detail in the General thread under: 'Battles'.

RE: Eserkut

Situation: Eserkut was a player in PSL Season 2 for the Lavender Lanturns managed by fredrichnietze. Fred told me that Eserkut, also known as Foggi, was displaying unwanted behavior. After Fred denying Eserkut from borrowing his comps Eserkut threatened him by telling him he’d leave the team if he didn’t get the Pokémon he needed. After that Eserkut went inactive in the PSL, effectively crippling his team. This has been proven with ingame screenshots and behavior.

This goes against a few set rules. First of all, the player is deemed to be responsible for his own matches. Your manager does not have the obligation to provide you with comps, or strategies etc. You as a player are deemed to be proficient in the tiers you sign up for. You can also not, just quit, the PSL when you feel like it, this will be punished. Especially under these circumstances. This all falls under unsportsmanlike behavior which can result into blacklisting.

Result: Eserkut and all of his alts will be blacklisted for two seasons from the PSL. Meaning he cannot play or manage in the seasons three and four, due to grieving by purposely abandoning his PSL ‘contract’.

• 2 weeks later...

RE: Live Auctions & Preperations Week

The live auctions will be held on Sunday the 26th of April at 7PM EST, in the PokeMMO Teamspeak server – PSL Channel. All managers will be given ‘Voice’ in this channel. This channel will be locked with a password. You can be dragged in by me from 6:30PM EST till 7:10PM EST, all PMs will be ignored from 7:10PM onwards.

Only managers may speak or type, all spectators are not allowed to speak or type, in doing this you will be kicked from the channel, don’t even try to joke I will kick you out. I advice players to either make a thread on the forums or gather in game to discuss the ongoing auctions.

As the live auctions will be done shortly after the end of player signups the preparation week will be moved to Week 3, instead of 4.

Edited by ThinkNice
  • 2 weeks later...

RE: Usage Statistics

Like always you are required to PM your teams to the hosts in every week. To not have our main accounts flooded with PMs however, we have made an account where all usage stat related PMs should go; UsagePSL. Managers please inform all your players of this change and this change will also be reflected in the OP of the General Thread.

RE: Scizor, Slowking and Sceptile

Scizor, Slowking and Sceptile, referred to as; SSJ 3, are banned from UU. These bans will be directly reflected in the PSL so they may not be used in the UU matches of the PSL Week 1, or any other week, unless stated otherwise.

RE: Archinix

Situation: Archinix got banned for being dumb.

Since the team or his managers is not to blame for his personal actions I cannot punish the team for this. Archinix will most likely be permanently banned from this game and therefore he falls under the category of ‘sell backs’. May I also say that this action was extremely selfish knowing that you are playing in the PSL and there is a team relying on you.

Result: Spheal Team 6 gets a full refund of 13.500 CR on Archinix. Furthermore if for some mysterious reason Archinix gets unbanned he is banned from the PSL for 2 seasons (S4 and 5).

RE: Osuki

Situation: Apparently Osuki knew nothing about the PSL but his friend signed him up, telling me it was Osuki on another account. Osuki has no intentions of playing for Team Riga.

This is another situation that is out of the manager’s hands. As it was my own mistake for including Osuki on the auctionlist. I have, however, been lied to. And if I could recall the player that told me that Osuki was using the account he got signed up for there would probably have been a punishment. From this season on I will only accept personal signups, so you can’t signup anyone else. If for some reason you cannot post but you can PM then you PM me so I sign you up, that will be the only exception.

Result: Team Riga gets a full refund of 13.000 CR (holy shit) on Osuki. There will be a change in sign up policies from this season on.

Edited by ThinkNice

RE: Contacting your opponent

We have decided to use a new way of contacting your opponent. From now on you won’t contact your opponent via PM anymore. You will utilize the ‘Profile Comment’ future (I will call it PC in short). A PC is a message you can leave in someone’s profile, making it visible in both your and your opponent’s profile feed.  When you leave a message on someone’s profile that person can easily comment on it, make sure your profile comment notifications are enabled (via settings) so you know when your opponent commented back.

The upsides to this is that this way it easier for your manager and your opponent’s manager to keep an eye out on you. Managers will also be able to report inactivities or unwanted behavior more easily to the hosts. The hosts can easily reach everyone’s profile feed and act accordingly. By having the scheduling more in the open we also hope the players will be more mindful of the way they schedule their matches.

The downside is that profile comments can be deleted, so if your opponent thinks to be a clever asshole he can delete your comment and say that you never contacted him. To avoid these sort of things make sure you make a screenshot of your comment in your opponent’s profile. Without screenshot evidence we cannot prove anything, therefore to ensure an activity win if your opponent doesn’t contact you, screenshot it.

Attempts of fraud (deleting certain comments, or deleting the whole convo) will be heavily punished, so don’t be that person!

We also want to stress that if you have difficulties contacting your opponent or if you have trouble scheduling matches etc. that you contact your manager, not the hosts. Managers should try to solve this out themselves first and if they can’t they have the responsibility to report to the hosts. So go to your manager with problems, if you manager can’t solve it then your manager will contact us.

Contacting your opponent via PC will from now on be the only acceptable way of contacting your opponent if you want to be protected from unsportsmanlike behavior, activity calls etc contact your opponent with PC and screenshot it. (we will have some leniency with this rule for a couple of weeks)

Note: There are some players like Telf that can’t utilize the PC feature, they are the only exception of PM based communication.

RE: Midseason auctions & Midseason signups

The midseason auctions will be pushed a week earlier (making the not-so-midseason auctions). This due to the big amount of dropouts in the first week alone. This will mean the signup thread will be up in week two and the midseason auctions will be on week 3. Trading players will be allowed up to week 5.

RE: Regarding usage

Even if you haven’t revealed all your Pokémon we are required to know all six of your Pokémon, this has been especially the case for Showdown battlers. If your usage is incomplete you will still receive a yellow card.

RE: JorgeBale

Situation: Jorge has quit the PSL because of the massive amounts of responsibilities he had and the admitted underestimation of these responsibilities. Jorge is at the moment busy with his last semester of university and also has a job on top of that, he is also busy with his football career that became very important to him. He told me he thought he was able to handle this all and he really wanted to participate in the PSL, however sadly he noticed how impossible this was for him.

I appreciate that you can see that your responsibilities take priority, and you seem to have a lot of them. I also appreciate that you can see that you will be undermining the team with your activity, so rather than trying you rather not be a burden. I can understand that you underestimate the things you have to do, but right now you have three huge responsibilities.

For players I would like to say, weigh out the things that are going on in your life. Don’t recklessly sign up and then let your team down after you realize you can’t keep up. Situations like these are very demotivating for your team and they leave your manager with one less player. Keep in mind the responsibilities you get as a PSL player and the activity it requires.

Result: Spheal Team 6 gets a full refund of 25.750CR.

RE: Codylramey vs Varathorn

Situation: Varathorn contacted Cody early on. Cody and him agreed to battle after Thursday at the times given by Varathorn. Cody, however, saw no use in battling after his team had already lost. I had told him about the relevance of tiebreakers but alas Cody cannot battle today before the deadline.

Even if your team is losing it is very unsportsmanlike to not give your opponent a match that gave effort to set up a time with you. If you win or lose, see it as practice. If your team is already losing, at least try to win the last match to boost moral or to say you tried. If you win you could even give that crucial tiebreaker point that might save your team’s ass later on.

Result: Varathorn gets a win by forfeit.

RE: PinkWings vs Daniellegal

Situation: PinkWings had made clear efforts to try and schedule the match with Daniel. Daniel was however slow to respond and didn’t show up for the times suggested while not really making an effort to reschedule. He had yet to respond a hour before the deadline.

Be active as that is what your manager expects from you. You’re letting your whole team down with a no show and not doing your own name good either. Schedule matches on time and make the same effort as your opponent to avoid these situations!

Result: PinkWings has been given a win due to a no show and lack of communication from the opponent’s side.

RE: Baraccus vs FoxDism

There has been some controversy regarding the substitution of Baraccus early in the week. While substitutions are meant for substituting inactive players for the  week I allowed it this week for Eggplant, as matchfixing was not possible in this scenario. Seeing as Eggplant asked for a substitution just a few hours after the week was posted there was not much harm in giving him the substitution.

Baraccus is not a ‘dynamic player’ in the sense that he only signed up for one tier. Yes you can sub him in, in other tiers but it means he just won’t be nearly as effective in that tier. If Eggplant for example had Haazuu in the back which can play more than one tier we could speak of matchfixing. Also Haazuu is a known player and known to be a strong player, while with all due respect Baraccus hasn’t seen the spotlights yet so nobody knows of his abilities. This is why I’ll look at everything case by case, as every case is different. As such both I and my co-host stand by this decision.

Yes there are rules, these rules are guidelines for me. Rules are not dynamic and do not change depending on the situation. A DC is by ‘rules’ a loss, even if you were up 5-1, two yellow cards is a 2 week ban from playing but what if it’s the finals? As you can see there are many instances where ‘rules’ simply aren’t dynamic enough in these scenarios and that is why we are human and can use logic to assess a situation based on rules.

As a side note I’d like to say that substitutes can also be used if both opponents simply cannot match timezones or their schedules to each other for a match. Then both managers could come together to determine the best course of action.

Result: The match Baraccus vs FoxDism will not be voided. Eggplant has been given a warning and a reminder to not forget to change his lineups before the thread is up. Furthermore Eggplant’s future substitutions have to meet the inactivity or the ‘unfavorable timezones’ criteria to go through in any case.

RE: OldKeith vs Energize

Situation: Both players have tried to match their schedules together but unfortunately they cannot meet each other before the deadline of this week. They have asked for an extension.

Because Keith and Energize showed they would really like to battle but they simply can’t I can sympathize with this request. Both players showed enough dedication to make this battle work. They also contacted me about this early on in the week which is equally as important. This is a good example of two motivated players that try to set up their match as quickly as possible, something I can appreciate.

Result: OldKeith and Energize have been given an extension of 24 hours on the deadline.

RE: Snorlax

Snorlax is back in OU and will be allowed in the PSL from week 3 and on. Snorlax remains banned in Week 2.

RE: Phatiman

Situation: Phatiman has made clear that he has no intentions of playing PokeMMO (again) and notified his manager that he won’t be playing in the PSL.

Seeing as this is the second time Phatiman pulled a stunt like this. The first one being leaving after a few weeks when he was playing for the Nidokings. I won’t be showing any compassion here. If you know you’re losing interest in the game don’t bother signing up, it’s as simple as that.

Result: Phatiman is banned from participating in the PSL for three seasons. (Seasons 4-6). Team Revolution gets a full refund of 9.500CR.

RE: Kiliminati

Situation: Kiliminati has made clear that he won’t be playing for Team Riga anymore, without a clear reason why.

As I have received complaints about Kiliminati’s behavior in the past (PSL S2), about his activity and namely his attitude, I’ll assume that Kili lacks the commitment of being a PSL Player. Which is a sad thing because this was the season in which you could prove yourself so you could maybe be a manager. Ambition is nothing without commitment or loyalty.

Result: Kiliminati has been banned from participating in the PSL for three season. (Seasons 4-6). Team Rigamorty gets a full refund of 7.000CR

RE: Sellbacks

There has been some discussion on the manner in which sellbacks are handled. Let me start of by saying the full refund is staying and the system won’t be revised in the future. In addition managers will not get extra 10.000CR for the mid season.

The reason why this system is a problem in this season is because:

• The two arguably best players in PokeMMO signed up in the mid season.
  • There have been a huge number of drop outs in only the first two weeks.
  • Two of these dropouts were high value players for the same team.

Players leaving/getting banned or going inactive is ultimately not in the manager’s hand. They shouldn’t be punished harshly for their players leaving. Players leaving already cripples a team for a good few weeks, that can be crucial, if on top of that they get a lesser refund we are just punishing managers even more.

This season is a very special case and it’s not like this is going to happen every season. And even if players would leave every season in just a matter of weeks, what is the point of running this competition? If a massive dropout like this would occur next season as well it might as well be cancelled, if players can’t be responsible enough to stick with their team.

We are not ‘awarding’ managers with an extra 10.000 credits either, which would greatly benefit the managers that didn’t save up any credits for the mid season. There is no reason to ‘gift’ credits and it’s kind of a cheap solution for a very rare problem.

We apologize to the managers that did save up a good amount of their credits as this decision is a great disadvantage to you. There is however no right path or wrong path we can take. Like stated if these amount of early dropouts would occur again that would spell the end of the PSL. #drama

RE: Kiliminati sellback

There has been some miscommunication regarding Kili’s sellback. Hereby I apologize for my earlier comments, I made them with the information available to me at that time. However, it seems like there were some things yet unclear and Kili did not state that he wouldn’t play for Team Riga.  

Managers it’s important that you present the information to me as quickly and as accurately as possible, so we can avoid these kind of situations. I sadly do not have the time to look at every single case individually so I leave this to the manager’s responsibility.

Result: Kiliminati has been unbanned from the PSL and will continue to play for Team Riga. This also means that Team Riga will not receive a refund for Kiliminati. My apologies for the confusion again.

RE: Daniellegal

Situation: The manager of Shit Name Inc. has informed me that Daniellegal has been to inactive to effectively participate in the PSL and asked for a sellback.

Vorred told me that Daniel was simply not responsive in PMs. This was also true with his first opponent PinkWings where he’d reply very late and in the end didn’t look at his PM at all. Again, Daniel has showed this behavior in previous seasons, being a no show or responding late or not at all. I get that you’d like to play in the PSL but if you know you’re going to be busy then why would you. When a team buys you they rely on you so if you’re not gonna be able to check the forums every 24-48 hours don’t sign up.

Result: Daniellegal has been banned from the PSL for 2 seasons, because of repeated inactive behavior (PSL Season 4-5). Shit Name Inc. gets a full refund of 7.500 credits.

RE: TheFireLion vs BurntZebra

Maybe the most hyped battle of the week but who could’ve predicted this, right? Lion PM’d, Zebra that he could play on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Zebra agreed on Friday unless there would be an official, which there was. Zebra was also nagging Lion through the weekdays to battle him which Lion refused, saying he would only play in the weekend. YET, Lion and Zebra were online on the same time during the week on a lot of days. Where they had enough time to bash each other to death but no time to duel each other.

Then they start complaining to both Noad and me wanting activity wins for some bullshit reason. Where they both tried to nitpick each other on things so they can get a win without actually dueling. Lion would refuse when Zebra requested a duel and vice versa. This is complete bullshit behavior and I have no intentions of putting up with this shit.

Lion also kept insisting to duel on the weekends and while Zebra agreed with this they never established a time to meet. Yet they expect no show or activity wins. This is fucking ridiculous behavior. You are letting your whole team down and are going against the spirit of the PSL. Put your differences aside and duel, not with your mouth but with virtual pixels. Don’t try to get activity wins when you are in the wrong just as much as the other person, at least try to establish a time. Not a day, not ‘in the weekend’, a time that you can see on the clock. In the end both players were online on Sunday but because they didn’t establish a time, neither have the right to a no-show win.

There is a lot more that went from one side to the other and a lot of bullshit going on in game but I’m not going to write two more pages on how you two were being douche bags to each other.

If I see behavior like this again it will be punished more severely, let this be a warning to all the players.

Result: The match ‘TheFireLion vs BurntZebra’ will be voided and both players receive a yellow card for unsportsmanlike behavior and being fags.

RE: Mikrospaixths vs DrCraig

Situation: I was approached by DrCraig 1 and a half hours prior to the deadline for an extension.

A ‘little bit’ short notice. So I refused. Both players couldn’t get their battle in before the deadline. If you want to earn an extension you’ll have to contact me a lot sooner, like Keith and Energize did

Result: The match ‘Mikrospaixths vs DrCraig’ will be declared a no contest.

Activity time!

RE: fredrichnietze vs Pel

Situation: Pel did not show up for the agreed time. Pel told fred ‘five more hours’ in which fred waited and still didn’t battle fred after. Proven with screens ingame and timestamps.

Pel’s story was pretty vague as he apparently had to lend out doubles comps to his teammate walpayer which got knocked out the second round of the losers bracket. Still Pel didn’t respond when fred whispered him ‘5 hours later’ like Pel asked him too. It’s very rude to tell a player he needs more time and then not show up after that.

Result: fredrichnietze gets a win by no show and Pel receives a yellow card for uguury,

RE: Energize vs Raptori

Situation: Energize did not respond to Raptori’s PMs, or rather didn’t read them.

Result: Raptori gets a win by activity.

RE: Mikrospaixths vs walpayer

Situation: Mikro had posted on walpayer’s profile feed a few times. Walpayer did not respond to this and PM’d Mikro on Saturday asking him to play, which is of course too late.

Apparently Walpayer did not know about the profile feed function and that it was being used now, this is both on him and his manager. Sadly Walpayer PM’d Mikro far too late for them to set up a match. Managers keep your players informed of important changes like these.

Result: Mikrospaixths gets a win over walpayer by activity.

RE: xLuLu vs Morrizbel

Situation: xLuLu has contacted Morrizbel through PM and profile feed but Morrizbel didn’t respond till Saturday with ‘Hi’.

Result: xLuLu gets a win over Morrizbel by activity.

RE: Fujimura vs Codylramey

Situation: Cody messaged Fuji on his profile on Thursday. Apparently Fuji hasn’t been on the forum since Wednesday though, which of course means he didn’t respond to any of Cody’s messages.

Result: Cody gets a win over Fujimura by activity.

RE: Kiliminati vs JSTUD

Situation: ???

Result: The match is declared a ‘no contest’.

Edited by ThinkNice

RE: OldKeith vs JSTUD

Situation: OlldKeith and JSTUD had scheduled to battle, sadly OldKeith could not connect to ShowDown for unknown reasons (some others seemed to have trouble as well). OldKeith and JSTUD were unable to reschedule their match as Keith had to go out of town.

It’s unfortunate that these two players couldn’t play. However OlkdKeith could’ve asked his manager for a sub if he knew he wouldn’t be able to play any longer this week. This responsibility is on OldKeith and not on JSTUD as JSTUD was able to match again before the deadline.

Result: JSTUD gets a win by no show(-ish).

RE: Trade; Shervinz (Mountain) for Undrdatree (Revolution)

Both managers have agreed these players one for one, no manager has veto’d this trade and neither do the hosts. Therefore thie trade Shervinz for Undrdatree is now completed and both managers are allowed to use these players from Week 5 on.

RE: Fujimura vs WBHman

Situation: Both players tried scheduling a time, they did agree on a time but unfortunately WBHman messed up timezones which meant Fuji couldn’t make that time. Both players haven’t shown much activity to get the rescheduling afterwards.

This is all I could gather from the profile feeds as none of the players contacted me with PM. I guess don’t mess up your own timezones? And try to be a little bit more active getting your matches scheduled.

Result: the match Fujimura vs WBHman is declared a no contest.

RE: Leorodo vs DestructX

Situation: Players said they would whisper each other ingame during the weekends. There was no specific time mentioned.

‘Yo, bro we’ll whisper each other when we both online’, is like the worst way to ‘schedule’ a match.

Result the match Leorodo vs DestructX has been declared a no contest.

RE: Fredrichnietze vs Eloyriptor

Situation: Even though both players communicated on their profile feed to arrange a match, they did not agree on a set time. They scheduled the match for today but because there was no actual time decided upon both players failed to be in game when both were online to battle. It is really important to ensure that you agree on a time to duel every week to avoid situations like this occurring. 

Result: Fredrichnietze vs Eloyriptor is declared a no contest. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry these are out late, I had a lot of stuff going on this week.

RE: FABBROoo vs Kazooka/Inarin

Situation: Kazooka had a storm in town that knocked all the electricity out. Inarin was subbed in her place but at that time he was out of town.

This was an unfortunate even, if the week wasn’t already decided I could’ve given an extension for this match. Be sure to sub players in that can actually play.

Result: FABBROoo has been given a win by activity.

RE: Frexa vs LeTyrone

Situation:  LeTyrone and Frexa had agreed to battle on Friday 5PM EST, a time requested by Tyrone as Frexa had stated he would’ve rather played in the weekend. Frexa came on, on Friday but Tyrone stated he couldn’t battle anymore because staff work came up that day. Tyrone was online on Saturday but did not contact Frexa about his match, probably because he thought Frexa said he could play in the weekend anyway.

I really doubt that you get so much staff work that you can’t play one battle. Never mind that but Frexa went out of his way to give Tyrone the match on Friday. Tyrone should’ve contacted Frexa about a match on Saturday as that was his responsibility. Frexa, thinking he could play on Friday had plans for Sunday and wasn’t available because of that.

Result:  Frexa gets a win by no-show, which means the Spheals end week 5 with a 7-1. Personal scores aren’t affected by activity calls.

RE: UU Unbans

The UU unbans will go in effect on the 7th week of the PSL.

RE: Snorlax & Blissey

Snorlax and Blissey will be banned from OU in the playoff weeks. Meaning week 8 and 9.

RE: Machamp

Machamp will be banned from UU immediately, so you may not use Machamp in week 7. I will be banning Machamp immediately because it seriously compromised the competitiveness of the UU tier and because no matches have been played yet it gives me the opportunity to do so. Managers please inform your players.

Edited by ThinkNice

RE: Regarding Tie breakers in play offs.

Because it's still unclear how matches that are tied will be decided in the knock out phase, I will elaborate here. When a team ties in the semifinals or the finals there will be three more matches. The format of these matches will be decided by the managers, however they can only choose formats that are used in the PSL. Moreover one format may not be played more than once.

The deciding order is decided by which team placed higher on the ranking tables in the league stages.

Example: Nidokings and Shit Name tie 4-4

Because the Nidokings were #2 and Shit Name was #3 at the end of the league stages, the manager of the Nidokings gets to chose the first format. Let's say he picked OU. Shit Name manager may now chose the format/tier he wants to use, however because OU was already chosen he can't pick OU. So let's say he picks ADV OU. Now the Nidokings get to pick one last tier/format, which is Doubles. The tie breaker will look like this:

OU:

ADV OU:

(Doubles:)

RE: leorodo vs BurntZebra

Situation: BurntZebra was 20 minutes late for the match that they had scheduled. This is 'acceptable', but they couldn't meet in an extension. Because this match doesn't change any outcome it doesn't really matter what happens.

Result: The match is declared a no contest.

RE: DrCraig vs FABBROoo

Situation: No.

Result: Fuck you.