[Story] [WIP] Gradually - Story 1 - 'Ambition'

'Gradually' is a series of somewhat long stories, constructed of somewhat short posts. I thought of this idea somewhat recently. I wanted to create a story, but I don't have the time or patience to sit down and write one for hours, and then post it. As such, these stories will be started off by one chapter. I will continue to write more chapters, all condensed into their own respective spoilers in the OP. This is will allow feedback all throughout the story, rather than just at the end, and it will give me the breaks and time I need to continue writing it.

The stories told by 'Gradually' are not everyday Pokemon stories. They're set in older times, with kings and swords. There are no humans, so fights are conducted purely of a Pokemon's will, and the fight will go on as far as either side wants it to. There can still be sparring matches between two Pokemon, like in the games, but it can go further. Fights can go until either side is weak (typical sparring), knocked out, maimed, or even killed. It's also a bit more realistic. Abilities will be considered, but are not set in stone. A Pokemon's ability to fly isn't determined by their typing or ability, but is influenced by the typing and ability, along with body shape of the Pokemon and its evolutions, and other various factors. For example: Alakazam can sure as hell float right off the ground, despite the lack of Levitate ability. Gengar can float, despite having perfectly usable legs. Why? It has the levitate ability, but even more important is that both Gastly and Haunter can float. No matter what anyone says, Doduo and Dodrio are not immune to Earthquake. They are flying types, but they can't fly. On that matter, no one is completely immune to ground types, and not everyone has to get hit by them. Most pokemon are fully capable of jumping off the ground to avoid something, and if a Swellow has a broken wing, then it's getting hit by Magnitude. Not to mention moves like Mud Shot can go in the air, it doesn't stay on the ground. Fish pokemon can't magically float in the air, so you won't see many of them until the story crosses an ocean.

After that long rant about the setting, planning, and physics of the story, I bet you want to hear some of it, don't you? I do too, but I want to hear advice and suggestions before I begin. Do you think I should follow the games more closely? Do you want more originality with the physics? Or maybe your thoughts are unrelated, and you want me to avoid character death. Drop some comments, and I'll be sure to read them. I'll get writing ASAP.

Edited by KeroseneZanchu

Man this sounds like an amazing idea, my only suggestion is don't get to "edgy" with it for lack of a better word. Like just read some bad fanfics and avoid that.

All I got, good luck, look forward to reading it.

Im obviously asking an expert rn
How do i recognize a bad fanfic?

Also would love to read this and what twerkbut said dont get to "edgy" Edited by Bilburt

Seems legit
Thats like telling me to jump and when i land ill know if i survived it

He's not wrong, though.

Also, I'll make sure not to make it edgy. I had no intention of making it edgy to begin with, but every time people hear the word 'death' they jump on the guy or gal who mentioned it and badger him about edginess. I won't be edgy, but it will have death.

As for the tribes/villages, I think I have a way to make it happen.

He's not wrong, though.

Also, I'll make sure not to make it edgy. I had no intention of making it edgy to begin with, but every time people hear the word 'death' they jump on the guy or gal who mentioned it and badger him about edginess. I won't be edgy, but it will have death.

As for the tribes/villages, I think I have a way to make it happen.

Nothing wrong with death, still looking forward to it.

• Kizhaz locked this topic