[Implemented] Re-Conect

Make The Game Re-conect if Got DC With a Button 

Pro Players Afk Will Re-conect in less secs

No More Time Lossing On Relog

Con 

Maybe u can.t win a Duel if u Recconect XD

Here is a question, if your game disconnects because a staff member bans you for 1 day for doing something inappropriate or If your internet is bad, how will that work? Sounds good, but I am a critic of the idea.

Edited by Bestfriends

Here is a question, if your game disconnects because a staff member bans you for 1 day for doing something inappropriate or If your internet is bad, how will that work? Sounds good, but I am a critic of the idea.

iirc in pokemon showdown you have an option to claim the win- which starts a countdown timer. If the person fails to reconnect before the timer runs out, the win is awarded. Doing it similarly would be reasonable.

Also there was another thread like this one, a year ago -worth bumping

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/44641-attempt-to-reconnect-button/

Are you even serious bestfriends ? In almost every online game you got a reconnect button. If you got banned there's no button. As simple as that.

iirc in pokemon showdown you have an option to claim the win- which starts a countdown timer. If the person fails to reconnect before the timer runs out, the win is awarded. Doing it similarly would be reasonable.

Also there was another thread like this one, a year ago -worth bumping

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/44641-attempt-to-reconnect-button/

I misunderstood the claim

There will be a myriad of questions coming at these claims:

1. What happens if a brother or sister is being nefarious and decides to click that golden "Relog into your original account?" The brother or sister can look at your Friend list, and PM your closest friend a hurtful thing like "Bestfriends, you are a fat pig that sits down all day looking at your computer, you low life!" How will I take it? Will I think that a brother or sister of the guy/girl I am talking to is the one typing the message, or will I think the actual person typed up that message? This option could hurt friendships (if there are malicious brothers or sisters in your household).

2. Even worse, if you are a staff member and you have this button and have either bad brothers/sisters or friends in your household, will they log on and make unprofessional comments to people like: "man I love to go to the bar and get drunk!" How will Squirtle take that? Would he be forgiving, or will he assume that is you and revoke you of all your duties as a certified staff member?

3. What happens if your parents are overprotective and decide to log in as you and type to your friends: "Hello Jerryzoo, I quit the game, BYE!" or "Hello BlueJim, I am now uninstalling this game, nice knowing you BYE!" Once the game is gone and you come back home and find your client is gone and once you redownload your client, you find your Friend List empty, how will you react? I mean its one thing to not have the button and you can say your farewells, but its another thing if your parents have access to that dangerous button in the log screen.

4. Lets say that you are drunk and you can't even type in your username and password, but you can click that button, how do you feel logging into a game when you are drunk? Do you tell your friends (especially of the opposite gender), "man I had a lot of beer and you know I love you... why didn't I tell you this...." falls asleep on the keyboard and the next day, that same person unfriended you and reports you for sexual harassment, what will you say, "oh, I was drunk and I didn't know what I was saying, I am sorry....?"

5. If your spouse logs in (thank you "Reconnect" button) and tells all your friends of the opposite gender (pretending its you), "I am sorry, but I am married! I must unfriend you now because I love my sweetiepie" and you come back from the bathroom and find out that your spouse unfriended all people of the opposite gender, how will you react?

I can come up with much more situations, but overall, I like the current system security wise that can protect against others and sometimes, yourself.

Edited by Bestfriends

1. What happens if a brother or sister is being nefarious and decides to click that golden "Relog into your original account?" The brother or sister can look at your Friend list, and PM your closest friend a hurtful thing like "Bestfriends, you are a fat pig that sits down all day looking at your computer, you low life!" How will I take it? Will I think that a brother or sister of the guy/girl I am talking to is the one typing the message, or will I think the actual person typed up that message? This option could hurt friendships (if there are malicious brothers or sisters in your household).

2. Even worse, if you are a staff member and you have this button and have either bad brothers/sisters or friends in your household, will they log on and make unprofessional comments to people like: "man I love to go to the bar and get drunk!" How will Squirtle take that? Would he be forgiving, or will he assume that is you and revoke you of all your duties as a certified staff member.

3. What happens if your parents are overprotective and decide to log in as you and type to your friends: "Hello Jerryzoo, I quit the game, BYE!" or "Hello BlueJim, I am now uninstalling this game, nice knowing you BYE!" Once the game is gone and you come back home and find your client is gone and once you redownload your client, you find your Friend List empty, how will you react? I mean its one thing to not have the button and you can say your farewells, but its another thing if your parents have access to that dangerous button in the log screen.

4. Lets say that you are drunk and you can't even type in your username and password, but you can click that button, how do you feel logging into a game when you are drunk? Do you tell your friends (especially of the opposite gender), "man I had a lot of beer and you know I love you... why didn't I tell you this...." falls asleep on the keyboard and the next day, that same person unfriended you and reports you for sexual harassment, what will you say, "oh, I was drunk and I didn't know what I was saying, I am sorry....?"

5. If your spouse logs in (thank you "Reconnect" button) and tells all your friends of the opposite gender (pretending its you), "I am sorry, but I am married! I must unfriend you now because I love my sweetiepie" and you come back from the bathroom and find out that your spouse unfriended all people of the opposite gender, how will you react?

I can come up with much more situations, but overall, I like the current system security wise that can protect against others and sometimes, yourself.

For That Exist Password On PC And Relog are when u are discconect afk or lag

2. Even worse, if you are a staff member and you have this button and have either bad brothers/sisters or friends in your household, will they log on and make unprofessional comments to people like: "man I love to go to the bar and get drunk!" How will Squirtle take that? Would he be forgiving, or will he assume that is you and revoke you of all your duties as a certified staff member.

None of that is an issue with a reconnect button because it would only come up in cases where your connection to the server is interrupted. A reconnect button is never used to bypass traditional login and would never show if the user exits the client.

None of that is an issue with a reconnect button because it would only come up in cases where your connection to the server is interrupted. A reconnect button is never used to bypass traditional login and would never show if the user exits the client.

That was what I was concerned about. In that case, I support this idea. I like to reconnect immediately when disconnected.

• 1 month later...