Ribbons for winning

ReDellaStrada47

Question

7 answers to this question

correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure winners of official tournament receive shinies, that in itself is big for many players. i don't think giving ribbons to boast about will really change much or lessen the envy towards the winners

I don't think that was the point of this suggestion. It's simply a small trophy that can be given to the Pokemon used in a tournament. Do the players of a winning sports team not get rewards and recognition for playing a role? Pokemon are in a similar position.

That being said, there is no real reason other than what I just said to implement this. In the long run, I think this would end up being another task the staff have to take care of during a tournament. Besides, I don't think ribbons can be given to a Pokemon by the staff unless the staff member bestowing the ribbon is holding the Pokemon. This would cause inconveniences with Pokemon happiness (which would greatly affect literally anything with Return) and, to a lesser degree, Pokemon evolution in the lower tiers (Haunter mainly). There is always the possibility that the staff or player forgets or gets swept up in the moment and accidentally let's their Pokemon evolve.

I don't think that was the point of this suggestion. It's simply a small trophy that can be given to the Pokemon used in a tournament. Do the players of a winning sports team not get rewards and recognition for playing a role? Pokemon are in a similar position.

but handing out shinies is the same thing. also and i could be wrong but i think the current shiny prizes are gifted so that right there is like giving a ribbon to the winner

but handing out shinies is the same thing. also and i could be wrong but i think the current shiny prizes are gifted so that right there is like giving a ribbon to the winner

It's not about giving ribbons to the player that wins. It's about showing the accomplishments of the Pokemon used to win tournaments. When someone wins a horse race, it's not the jockey that gets the prestige and the fame. It's the horse. While i understand Pokemon is a bit different, the idea is the same: Show that these Pokemon have accomplished something great.

That's exactly the point. When you sell a Pokemon with 4 or 5 ribbons, you can tell: "hey, trust me, it's just good, and if you don't believe me, look at those!".

It is not an important thing, is just something cool. I had an idea and I write it here. I don't expect they will do it, unless it's reaaaally easy.

That's exactly the point. When you sell a Pokemon with 4 or 5 ribbons, you can tell: "hey, trust me, it's just good, and if you don't believe me, look at those!".

It is not an important thing, is just something cool. I had an idea and I write it here. I don't expect they will do it, unless it's reaaaally easy.

I think the main issue would be actually giving the Pokemon the ribbons. The game engine does not recognize an official tournament as anything more than a bunch of people battling. There is currently no way for the game to give out ribbons for winning tournaments. The staff would have to do it manually.

On 12/2/2016 at 8:49 PM, ReDellaStrada47 said:

Pokemons receive sribbon for defeating the elite4, for Pokémon Contest (not implemented yet) and if they’re gifted.

What about a ribbon for winning an official tournament? Would be cool!

i like it btw they are 24 in total 25 for gifted