Forfeit / Resign Button for Matchmaking

gguti

Question

15 answers to this question

I especially like this idea since some people just AFK when they give up, wasting 3 minutes of your time whenever this occurs.

This is a small QOL change I really like. No negatives, only positives.

If they wanna do that, they will do that no matter what. This button would be for ourselves accepting a loss, not for retards that likes wasting other peoples time

Btw whats QOL?

If they wanna do that, they will do that no matter what. This button would be for ourselves accepting a loss, not for poops that likes wasting other peoples time

Btw whats QOL?

Some will, but it would probably reduce the amount. Either way its still a good change.

I believe Quality Of Life

Correct

I think this could be abused, but to make it less abused, maybe add a penalty, like restriction on when you can matchmake again (like a minute cooldown) or take money away.

How is this abusable? Battling nets you nothing positive if you lose. All you gain is time by using a forfeit option (which currently means logging out and terminating your session)

The only tangible benefit from winning in matchmaking is Battle Points. The only tangible benefit of losing is ____

Edited by Phryme

How is this abusable? Battling nets you nothing positive if you lose. All you gain is time by using a forfeit option (which currently means logging out and terminating your session)

The only tangible benefit from winning in matchmaking is Battle Points. The only tangible benefit of losing is ____

I mean people like to troll. How you can troll is just continuously matchmake and forfeit at the start, ruining a match for that person.

I mean people like to troll. How you can troll is just continuously matchmake and forfeit at the start, ruining a match for that person.

right now they could just continuously matchmake and afk, which is even worse

jesus just stop

whats with all this weird people the last couple weeks wtf

I don't see how this is a "troll" (holy hell I hate that term). If someone wants to join a match and forfeit, you get free BP and they lose their MMR score, which in turn reduces the amount of BP they get should they ever win a match. It'd be easier to just sign up for matchmaking and then go do something else and would achieve the same results.

First of all, I don't know what your complaining for me to stop about. Second just because there is one problem, doesn't mean we should let another happen.

The main issue is people going AFK when they are about to lose. Forfeiting might alleviate this to an extent. Trolling would be people AFKing at the very first turn, which doesn't happen often. (A better term would probably be Griefing.)

People forfeiting at the beginning isn't a bad thing at all for the winner. They get free BP, and all it took was sitting in queue for <120seconds.