Only Nosepass from Rock Smash in Granite Cave

Matoka

Question

A quality of life change, no one goes to Granite Cave to rock smash for Geodude, The pokedex claims it is common but the encounter rate from the Hand-Helds is only 30%, I would not call that common considering you must leave and re-enter to try for a rock smash encounter, which you don't always get and when you do it will 70% of the time be Geodude.

My suggestion is to fully remove Geodude from the Rock Smash encounters in Granite cave. The only reason I make this suggestion is because none of the rocks are blocking your path, they line the edges of the room so they are only deliberately smashed in order to get encounters, and due to the availability of Geodude I can only assume that the only reason one would do so would be to encounter Nosepass.

latest?cb=20140821023520

2 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

30% is pretty common, especially when there are about 5 rocks down there.

a 'Quality of life' change is not the same thing as making anything that is slightly difficult to obtain more common.

Difficulty is not the same as time consumption. There is nothing challenging about hitting the run button on a level 10 geodude.

I would not ask for something to be made less time consuming that is core to gameplay such as berries because that affects many things. However no one realistically uses Nosepass, other than for obtaining its OT Pokedex entry.

I cannot think of anything this would be categorized under other than Quality of life.

Edited by Matoka