1st Comp OU Team Feedback

So I'm in the process of making my first competitive team, and wondered if I could get some feedback/ideas for improvement on this team. I've run it in unranked with mixed/good success rates and had a few (not many) ranked matches and it worked out well, but always looking to get better. Sorry for the long post!!

So here goes:

Sceptile - Leftovers/Life Orb

Modest (Overgrow)

252 SPA/220 Speed/30 Att/8 HP

HP Fire

Giga Drain

Dragonbreath

Crunch

220 speed allows it to outspeed any Modest Starmie (and Gengar when not in tournaments) and OHKO with Giga Drain, Dragonbreath surprises Flygon/Altaria and Kingdra and can paralyse, HP Fire self explanatory. Crunch doesn't get used much though. Usually I use leftovers to give a little bit extra life but have also used life orb to mixed success. Generally use Sceptile as a lead as it takes a chunk out of Skamory(albeit only half HP normally) and also OHKO Forretress/Cloyster spike leads. 

Gardevoir - Salac Berry

Timid (Trace)

252 Speed/252 SPA/6 SPD. 

Psychic

Thunderbolt

Taunt

Destiny Bond

Psychic and Thunderbolt gives good coverage, Taunt deals with annoyers like Dusclops and Destiny Bond allows Gardevoir to come in (although not always) on ***Lax and take him down with her on the next turn. 252 speed IVs plus salac berry means that we can come in and sweep late game or scare out bulky waters early on with Tbolt. 

Milotic - Leftovers

Bold (Marvel Scale)

252 HP/ 252 Def/6 SPD

Surf

Ice Beam

HP Electric

Recover

I use this Milotic as more of an all rounder instead of just as a wall. Ice Beam/Surf provides good coverage and HP Electric deals with the likes of Gyrados. Defensive investments mean that she can stick around long enough, although she generally loses vs other Milotics/Bulky Waters that have toxic. 

Vaporeon - Leftovers

Bold (Water Absorb)

252 Def/ 252 SPD/6 HP

HP Grass

Toxic

Wish

Protect

I'll probably get some criticism for using what might seem like 2 bulky waters, and not using the better attacking capabilities of Vap, but they do different roles. Vaporeon can surprise Swampert and Quagsire with HP Grass, plus still hits other water types that aren't Gyrados or Lantern for good damage. She can also stall out many physical attackers with toxic. Reason for the max defensive EVS instead of HP is that this is a set I've run on showdown and on here for a long time now and I've got a good knowledge of how much damage she can take etc. So that's just me wanting familiarity...

Dusclops - Leftovers

Careful (Pressure)

252 HP/ 38 Att/ 20 Def / 200 SPD

Confuse Ray

Focus Punch

Will-o-Wisp

Pain Split

He's an annoying uguu. Nothing more to say. 

Kingdra - Lum Berry

Adamant (Swift Swim)

252 Att/ 92 HP/ 166 Speed

Dragon Dance

Outrage

Waterfall

Rest

Went for a mix between the smogon recommended EV spread and what I wanted. Rest is self explanatory. 

This team really really hates sub Jolteon and Lax is also a big problem. Any other feedback would be much appreciated =]. 

Edited by baconbacon

1-Sceptile is meh at best. Add tpunch or if you dont want because of attack drop, replace breath + crunch for subs + leech seed.

2- Garde is actually a really clever idea, however, with salac + dbond, switching some sp atk into hp could be good to avoid some 2hkoes.

3- Dusclops doesnt fit well at all in that team. Also, if you really want to keep milo+vapo, replacing kingdra for a different typed physical attacker could bring some more advantage.

Thats all for now!

I feel like you have lots of creative things going here but nothing that is all that viable.

Sceptile I would do a sword dance set, that set can cause lots of problems and sweep late game or do serious damage mid game.

Gardevoir - A sweeper set really isn't all that viable IMO.  I see people use these occasionally and they seem to just get killed or not do much.

Vape/Milotec/Dusklops. - I would run one of these three not all three.  If you do dusclopse do rest not pain split. Milotec should have haze and of the three thats what I would choose.

Kingdra - I think your fine here, this one is hard to mess up.

I would replace gard with lax/chansey since you dont have a spdef wall at all right now...

Mixed metagross with hp fire/psychic could help this team alot too.

for your sixth pokemon Im not sure tbh... something that can make some plays or turn momentum in your favor.   Typhlosion might be a good bet.  Im also tempted to try and fit magnetron on this team too.

Hope this helps.

• Mike locked this topic