Level cap in Unova is too low for Iris

Zaiara

Question

Iris has lvl 43 pokes that have very few counters, many aren't even catchable (her haxorus is ridiculous). I got a couple new friends and they both got walled here and literally stopped playing out of frustration.

The level cap is too low. Unova only has a couple ice users and they're slow and terrible. You should not have to buy pokes from outside the game's meta to beat a gym leader simply because of an arbitrary level cap. When I did it myself I had to pull in a Gyarados with ice fang from another generation just to deal with her.

4 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Zaiara said:

Iris has lvl 43 pokes that have very few counters, many aren't even catchable (her haxorus is ridiculous). I got a couple new friends and they both got walled here and literally stopped playing out of frustration.

The level cap is too low. Unova only has a couple ice users and they're slow and terrible. You should not have to buy pokes from outside the game's meta to beat a gym leader simply because of an arbitrary level cap. When I did it myself I had to pull in a Gyarados with ice fang from another generation just to deal with her.

If you want to stick with the original pokemon for Iris, I would encourage for you to go west of Driftveil City to Route 6 and surf east right by the Chargestone Cave to arrive at the Mistralton Cave. You can catch Axew there and train it up to level 43.

1 hour ago, Bestfriends said:

If you want to stick with the original pokemon for Iris, I would encourage for you to go west of Driftveil City to Route 6 and surf east right by the Chargestone Cave to arrive at the Mistralton Cave. You can catch Axew there and train it up to level 43.

To have a fraxure going up against a haxorus? It goes last and dies in 1 hit ...

1 minute ago, Zaiara said:

To have a fraxure going up against a haxorus? It goes last and dies in 1 hit ...

I know that this is rare, but it may yield some good stats for you in the story mode if you're having Haxorus problems. Why not try Cryogonal? You can catch them in the Twist Mountain.

20e354b21c92f377f173ec1227cf178f.png

Hi!

You don't actually need an ice or dragon pokemon. If you have for example a Moxie Krookodile with Dragon Claw with not too bad IVs and nature, I'm sure you'll be able to deal with her Haxorus. It's surely more challenging than vanilla games, but it isn't impossible! :)