Skippable Move Animations

Kazuto

Question

Hey Guys,

I've read a thread from 2017 suggesting skippable move animations. A few users pointed out that this was not implemented because of PvP, giving players an advantage if they turn the animations off. This is not really a valid point as animations can be just forced to show in PvP, but turned off in PvE for those who don't want to see animations. I've never played PvP in the original titles but I can't imagine that they handled it differently. I'm a software developer myself and I don't think it's much of an effort to check what type of match it is as it has to be defined already alone for the connectivity between both players.

TL;DR:
PvE: Players can choose to turn them off
PvP: Animation are forced to everyone.

2 answers to this question

The reasoning behind the denial of this suggestion in the past has nothing to do with PvP.

If this were implemented, it would effectively be punishing everyone who wants the game to look nice or isn't aware that it's an option, since they'd be doing everything more slowly than those who turn the animations off. Having them turned on wouldn't be viable at all for the people who don't want to fall behind - they'd be forced to disable them or knowingly put themselves at a disadvantage. Animations need to be enabled for everybody or for nobody in order for it to be fair, and it goes without saying that completely removing them would make the game worse overall.

Toggles like this work in the single-player games, but not in a multiplayer setting where efficiency actually matters. It's not happening, sorry.