[Art] Pokemmo logo

geop0p3

Hey first of all thanks to all the developers that are making this possible this is hands down the best pokemon mmo :D

Second, hey my name is geop0p3 i've been a user for a bit of time but i decided to make a logo for this amazing game!(since the current one it's really just text:P)

Anyway here it is... of course this can be changed if you guys don't like something.

SORRY BIG IMAGE :P

pokemmo.png

BTW i am using harabara font by Andres Harabara

http://www.dafont.co....ara.font<br />http://harabara.carbonmade.com/

@drewzie don't worry i have the transparent version, i just addes the background because i like it :P

@Fuark hey thanks u liked it :D btw i saw ur post about a better webpage and that served as a inspiration for a better logo :P

@Darkshade thanks, yes i hope i gets used too :D!

BTW do u guys like the splitting O...?

Looks nice! Not entirely sure if I like how the K overlaps the O though. Looks a bit out of place since the rest of the letters are so orderly. Probably should add an acute accent mark over the E though since that's how Pokémon is officially spelled.

probably the last time I'll ever bother with the alt code to make the é

I like, I'd say save your work until the new site comes out though. I've hired someone who did another group's gaming website recently and he's on the job. So once the new website is out, we will probably need a logo for it.

It is greatly appreciated though since none of us are artists. We're very left-brain oriented.

• 1 month later...

Take no offense, but I don't really like this logo that much either. Grass looks just awful, it just feels like doesn't belong there. It distracts from the logo itself. Also, gradient on the gold letters is off, in my humble opinion, it would look better if you made it like on those two "M"s - because the way is it now, it doesn't just make sense, it looks slapped on the letters in hurry. In addition, shadows on "O" look weird, a bit unnatural to me. I don't think both white and red parts need to have a shadow, especially in the same place. Plus, I've been wondering, why the gold letters do have light on them (near the lines) but blue letters don't? It makes looks them kind of flat in comparision to the rest.

Also, it may be just my personal preference, but I think the colors don't really suit. While that shade of blue you used looks really good, gold is just... weird. Maybe silver or some other color less contrasting with blue would be better - like a color from the cold palette.

When it comes to positive things... I must say I quite like the overall shape of it and the fact that "O" looks like a Pokeball. It certainly goes in a good direction, but I think you must work a little more on it.

Please don't feel discouraged by this, it's just my opinion.

Darkshade-

i am sorry for late reply (college is a uguu)

btw yeah darkshade you can use it for what ever you want ;) just dont say its yours :P

xiie-

it's ok i don't feel discouraged dont worry

soo much to explain... ill make it short

the reason the gradient looks like that it's because of the shape of the letters (that's why the mm have a symetric gradient and the p and e don't)

i used gold because of the pokemon versions (gold ruby blue blah)

i also added the lighter lines on the outline of the word poke to make it stand out (another reason i used gold :P)

and here it is a version without grass (you know grass and pokemon.... work well )

Misscyan there you go

ungrass_zpsbc84d96a.png

Okay, I don't mean to be rude - but pretty much this;

tumblr_macgv1rgFE1qmffugo1_500.jpg

Your kerning is all off, and it hurts my eye's. I know sometimes you need to adjust it to get it sitting right, but when you need to play with it so much that it's blatantly obvious then maybe it's time to look for a new font, it's not working in your favour.

Also, I'm not sure why your gradient on 'Po' and 'ke' reset. We are programmed to naturally follow what are called "Vectors" - that being elements in which our eyes follow to guide us through a design. It doesn't need to be as obvious as an arrow, but as subtle as the slightest colour change, or the connection between shapes and words. The reset of the gradient distorts this natural flow. I know people are going to sook and uguu about me picking this out, but hey, I've been doing this for a long time - and this is just so you can make your design just that much better.

If you like, I'm open to questions.

Good luck!