[Denied]Cerulean Cave Bridge Short Cut/ fence removal

[quote name='AstroSpud' timestamp='1360488381' post='191914']
No one goes to the power plant. No point.
[/quote]

I go to powerplant all the time. Best spot to EVtrain speed+sp.atk fast and if I get a shiny, it will be one of worth (not that I ever will) and I can get metal coats as well. You can keep gastly tower+pidgeys to yourself, I like getting 2 evs for all the pokes I train from magnetons electabuzzes and 1 from the rest.

Want to have a race? Who can finish EVtraining Starmie+Gengar+Jynx+Houndour+Jolteon and get them to 50 first.

[Spoiler]Even without my bridge down there I win[/spoiler]

Only lost cave is faster

[quote name='Heavenol' timestamp='1360512913' post='192177']
Can I also joke about it?

BUT IF YOU BUILD THE BRIDGE, ALL THE MIGHTY POKEMON WILL INVADE OUR VILLAGE!

Seriously, 1+
[/quote]

This.

The water is the only thing keeping godly pokes out of a populated area. And we've all seen the quality of the trainers round there, do we really think they could defend themselves?

[quote name='xLuKeYx' timestamp='1360515390' post='192211']
This.

The water is the only thing keeping godly pokes out of a populated area. And we've all seen the quality of the trainers round there, do we really think they could defend themselves?
[/quote]

If we are going for the roleplay situation, the bridge shouldn't be added. But once in a while I want to farm Dittos from that cave, but I keep encountering those blasted tentacools everytime I go back.

But since this is an mmo, a bridge should be added imo, and just for the roleplay, add some guards for the bridge or something.

[quote name='Zizel' timestamp='1360493634' post='191972']
If the water encounter rates weren't so horribly high I don't think this would be a problem in the first place.

People will argue that "They just fixed it" but a 7x encounter rate in the water really does not seem "fixed" to me, it seems more broken in my opinion.

Regardless I like the idea.
[/quote]

water encounter rate can be solved by repels (by the time you reach the cave it will wear off)

[quote name='Volpi' timestamp='1360507421' post='192127']
I go to powerplant all the time. Best spot to EVtrain speed+sp.atk fast and if I get a shiny, it will be one of worth (not that I ever will) and I can get metal coats as well. You can keep gastly tower+pidgeys to yourself, I like getting 2 evs for all the pokes I train from magnetons electabuzzes and 1 from the rest.

Want to have a race? Who can finish EVtraining Starmie+Gengar+Jynx+Houndour+Jolteon and get them to 50 first.

[Spoiler]Even without my bridge down there I win[/spoiler]

Only lost cave is faster
[/quote]

^

saved me the trouble of explaining that myself :P

The only reason a bridge could be frowned upon is because the reason it is there is to prevent people from getting back to Mt.Moon and stuff. I think it's a stupid reason but if the devs really want to keep it that way, they can just remove the gates but not implement a bridge so that we can still surf. There really is no reason as to why this shouldn't happen

[quote name='Atlas' timestamp='1360603261' post='193445']
The only reason a bridge could be frowned upon is because the reason it is there is to prevent people from getting back to Mt.Moon and stuff. I think it's a stupid reason but if the devs really want to keep it that way, they can just remove the gates but not implement a bridge so that we can still surf. There really is no reason as to why this shouldn't happen
[/quote]/unstuck bypasses the whole mt moon bullshit anyway. So possible argument invalidated.

I like the idea of removing the barrier, but not the idea of adding a bridge. My reason: There's a fairly decent trainer up there that will take down early trainers, giving them access to that area may cause them to fight said trainer and get annoyed with the difficulty spike. This is ofcourse hypothetical and I can see many of you already typing to say people wouldn't be that silly or you wouldn't want them around if they were. Sadly some people are that silly and sometimes they do grow out of it so you may just want them to stick around.

Why remove the fence then? It serves no purpose aside from making the journey around longer after you get surf, anyone who has surf will beable to easily defeat that trainer so I'd say it's fair to say the water would provide an ample barrier for new players without blocking the more experienced players.

[quote name='Deshar' timestamp='1360612410' post='193609']
I like the idea of removing the barrier, but not the idea of adding a bridge. My reason: There's a fairly decent trainer up there that will take down early trainers, giving them access to that area may cause them to fight said trainer and get annoyed with the difficulty spike. This is ofcourse hypothetical and I can see many of you already typing to say people wouldn't be that silly or you wouldn't want them around if they were. Sadly some people are that silly and sometimes they do grow out of it so you may just want them to stick around.

Why remove the fence then? It serves no purpose aside from making the journey around longer after you get surf, anyone who has surf will beable to easily defeat that trainer so I'd say it's fair to say the water would provide an ample barrier for new players without blocking the more experienced players.
[/quote]
Damn, the first con.

I'll just have to think of a pro to even it out. Give me a minute.

Done! Shanie once said this on one of my suggestions.
[quote name='Shanie' timestamp='1354285082' post='121501']
In reality, an addition to Red's room is not only appropriate (BUT CANNON WAAH) but it shows the player that this is not a simple "Pokemon emulator with a layer for networking" like some OTHER mmo's we know.

I approve of the room.
[/quote]
Basiclly, he was approving of an addition to Reds room to show that this isn't just fire red multilayer. I'd imagine the same would apply here (Unless he hates this idea).

[quote name='Dougington' timestamp='1360612553' post='193611']
Damn, the first con.

I'll just have to think of a pro to even it out. Give me a minute.
[/quote]

I'm suprized it wasn't noticed sooner, the first thing people usually jump on is the 'Ruins the fun for Casual players' bandwagon.

[quote name='Chestbrah' timestamp='1360479345' post='191811']
if they do this they have to fix fuchsia too
[/quote]

Which they already shot down. It's not going to happen.
https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/8437-hire-some-landscapers-for-fuchsia-city/page__hl__fuchsia

[quote name='Deshar' timestamp='1360612410' post='193609']

[/quote]You assume that people are going to keep challenging them. Anyone in their right mind would just slowly walk away after getting their ass handed to them a couple of times. Nobody would get frustrated, they would just keep in mind to go back later in the game and pwn that asshole trainer's ass. That's what I would do.
no con, pro, teaches people patience, and that there's higher level trainers later on.

[quote name='BruceWayne' timestamp='1360614682' post='193661']
You assume that people are going to keep challenging them. Anyone in their right mind would just slowly walk away after getting their ass handed to them a couple of times. Nobody would get frustrated, they would just keep in mind to go back later in the game and pwn that asshole trainer's ass. That's what I would do.
no con, pro, teaches people patience, and that there's higher level trainers later on.
[/quote]

Interesting how you label it as a pro or a con despite it only being a reason for an opinion and nothing more. But as I said, there are people who play the game who would fall into that situation, I know one for a fact that would, you seem to be forgetting the age range of this game. It ranges from 5+...may even start lower then that.

I'd also like to mention that the reason the water was put there may be because it seperates the cave from Cerulean City, ofcourse this part is purely speculation but it's the impression it gives me.

[quote name='Atuan' timestamp='1360615546' post='193686']
You know a 5 year old that plays this? O.o

How did they figure out how to get the ROM and install the game? That's a smart child.
[/quote]

I installed the game and used my ROM to set it up.