[Denied]Cerulean Cave Bridge Short Cut/ fence removal

• 2 weeks later...

I support this idea, however I think it would be better to have guards outside the bridge, or make it so it is "Under construction: until the Elite 4 is beaten for the first time. Otherwise like others have said, near noobs would be battling a LV.34 trainer. The purpose for the bridge would be simply to save time moving between the cave and the poke centre whilst having to go through the water and encounter at least 2 pokemon. That or you could always cut a section out of the fence so people could exit the water there.

[quote name='Darksoul' timestamp='1361587701' post='207679']
I support this idea, however I think it would be better to have guards outside the bridge, or make it so it is "Under construction: until the Elite 4 is beaten for the first time. Otherwise like others have said, near noobs would be battling a LV.34 trainer. The purpose for the bridge would be simply to save time moving between the cave and the poke centre whilst having to go through the water and encounter at least 2 pokemon. That or you could always cut a section out of the fence so people could exit the water there.
[/quote]Pointless, let the noobs get their asses kicked by the trainer.

Wouldn't this require the devs to actually open up the rom in an editor and change the actual map around... Or have you guys found a way around that?
If not, we'd have to patch the rom with an IPS patcher and most people would fumble around with that.

I mean, it's a neat idea and all, but is it worth it? For a single bridge?

[quote name='iDerp' timestamp='1361651389' post='208348']
Wouldn't this require the devs to actually open up the rom in an editor and change the actual map around... Or have you guys found a way around that?
If not, we'd have to patch the rom with an IPS patcher and most people would fumble around with that.

[/quote]
Editing out a single fence and maybe adding a bridge would be a very simple and easy task to do.
[spoiler]Now, I'm just thinking that this wouldn't work because we'd all have to have an edited version of the rom...[/spoiler]

[quote name='iDerp' timestamp='1361651389' post='208348']

[/quote]

he also said:

[quote name='G0dPower' timestamp='1360473863' post='191758']
or just let players surf across
[/quote]

[quote name='Deshar' timestamp='1361712885' post='208927']
They have added NPCs in before, surely removing an item on a map would be available to them. I'm pretty sure all the map collisions and objects are server side? My reason for believing this, Snorlax blockades. Those of you who were here before the Elite four was available will know what I mean. (And before the Safari Zone.)
[/quote]
Oh yeah, disregard my last post. No reason not to implement again.

since they can add items and such to the game i think it's possible, but i don't think this is anywhere near on the top priority list of the devs, pretty sure they are working to fix all the bugs and broken stuff before they even think about changing something that isn't actually broken in the first place, but i hope they do it sooner or later (including power plant if possible)

[quote name='SgtAsh' timestamp='1361650980' post='208339']
I hate to agree with him, but he's right. Why does it matter if they run into that trainer?
[/quote]I think it's more along the lines of people trying to find a reason why not, because they personally don't like the idea, since they had to go through the water, and they're like "you little brats! if I had to go through the water, you do too!" kind of thing.
I honestly can't find any reason why it could possibly matter otherwise, like you said.
If people can defeat the high level trainer, all the better. If not, stop facing him like idiots, this isn't normal firered, the trainers don't attack you and make you fight them, you go to them and talk to them, and fight them.

[quote name='Dougington' timestamp='1361952624' post='212069']
Its like you completely ignored what happened on the previous two pages.
[/quote]
I went back and skimmed through the pages, but is it really that hard to surf around? A lot of the suggestions are based around player laziness, and it honestly defeats the purpose of Cerulean Cave being a hidden out of the way dungeon, where the most powerful Pokemon of all hides, when people can just swarm it as they please.