Diablo 3's seasonal mechanics in PokeMMO

Bhen

Question

EDIT (APRIL 21TH) : I'M CURRENTLY WORKING ON A MORE ACCOMPLISHED VERSION OF THIS SUGGESTION. IT WILL BE 300% MORE AWESOME AND ACCURATE CONSIDERING POKEMMO IS NOT DIABLO III. See you soon!

Here's the old suggestion :

Spoiler

If something like Diablo III's seasons are implemented in PokeMMO, PvE players won't leave the game after beating the Elite 4 or catch all the mons : it is in my opinion the best endgame option for PvE/Casual/Social players in a game like PokeMMO.

@Pokemmostaff : I think you guys should bet more on storyline rather than on implementing custom stuff such as events, dungeons or raids. Most people don't care about haloween or lunar events. They're here because they used to love playing Firered/Emerald/... and they can play it online here, even with their friends. THIS is the "added value" of PokeMMO. You should bet more on the storyline.

My forum account has been created in 2012. Every time I come back to pokeMMO, I start a new character. And every time I quit because I get bored of money/pvp/shiny farming. Only a few hardcore players are interested in this long term kind of gameplay. Other players = majority of them will just be waiting for new content which is added once every ~4 years. This is unfortunate.

What are seasons ?

PvE Seasons have a start date and an end date. It will allow players to restart the adventure from scratch, increase the game difficulty, catch legendaries and win some rewards. In seasonal mode, there'll be no tournaments, pvp matchmaking or PvE events : It is necessary to divide the community as little as possible. Every season will give a different bonus to players (example: odds of finding held items on wild pkmns increased by 10%).

At the end of a season, all pokemons/items/money/BP (except legendaries) are mailed to the main character. Then why implementing legendaries ? => Fun, sketching moves, pokédex record.

A few other rules : 

- Player must defeat the Pokémon league at least once to be able to create a seasonal character.
- Players can have only 1 seasonal and 1 non-seasonnal character at a time (the existing functioning will have to be adapted).
- There must be periods without seasons as It is necessary to divide the community as little as possible.
- Cosmetics and occarinas from non-seasonnal character can be used for seasonal characters.
- The "you may only catch the first encounter in each area" nuzlocke rule won't apply for shinies.

Seasonal mechanic explained through character creation visuals :

Creating a new season character :

screenshot-season.png

Creating a new non-seasonal character : 

screenshot-non-seasonal.png

When no season in progress :

screenshot-2.png

If the player hasn't met the requirement to create a new seasonal character :

screenshot-last.png

Edited by Bhen

3 answers to this question