Shiny when breeding or hatching?

When you breed does the shiny check happen when you are given the egg or when it hatches? I thought it was when it hatched but I recently found out that the ivs are decided once the egg is received, had eggs in pc and filtered some ivs and some eggs got highlighted, so I was wondering if it works the same way for the shiny check.

Edited by JohntheJester
55 minutes ago, JohntheJester said:

When you breed does the shiny check happen when you are given the egg or when it hatches? I thought it was when it hatched but I recently found out that the ivs are decided once the egg is received, had eggs in pc and filtered some ivs and some eggs got highlighted, so I was wondering if it works the same way for the shiny check.

The "shiny-ness" is determined when you get the egg. So when the eggs are given is when the baby's shiny factor is determined, not when it hatches. @Rache has confirmed this on extremely similar threads here in the past which could prob be searched up with little effort.

If you're wondering the most efficient way to breed for an egg shiny, donator active + make as many eggs as possible during a 1hr shiny charm, then hatch all of the eggs after the charm is over