GTL Market analysis

I feel like the Devs wanted to use this 10th anniversary event to create a huge deflation on the market, so all the new players (especially the ones coming with the recent IOS update) can easily buy stuff.

The market went crazy, with almost all the prices going really down really fast.

The event was there for a long time and a lot of players have been farming like crazy.

Now I guess the whole market is probably gonna take a year to recover, because there is so much offer compared to demand. So the inflation is probably gonna slow for a long time.

Of course since it's the summer the prices are gonna stay low, and probably until Halloween which may bring the prices down again.

So nothing is gonna go up in price before November or December in my opinion

This usually happens when an event happens (e.g. Halloween), most players need money so they can stock up and invest in the limited vanities and/or RP and other items before waiting a few months for the price to increase and resell.

Usually, prices start to slowly rise after all events end (from March), with the peak prices happening between May - July.

Of course the anniversary event took place so this year is an exception, but prices are starting to slowly rise.

As a general rule, if more players are able to grind and earn money then older vanities etc would increase, as a larger number of players will be able to afford stuff. Demand plays a huge part too.

It's generally based on demand, so if you want to blame someone I would blame people who leave it until the last minute and are desperate for cash.

Edited by Imperial

What i Can say here is à simple analysis.. Most of ppl grind through gym runs, for that théy use amulet coins.. Watch amulet coins prices.. Before évent àround 19k

Now 12k

When amulet prices Rise.. This means ppl are grindin much, demand is rising  prices go up Faster.. 

Petsobally i remember what happened in the lunar New year évent when everybody goes crazy and magically GTM are 7.5m for 1500rp... It didn't happen for any other limited vanity.. 

And that time GDM reached 38m

Now it s the dépression after event prices of anniversary event will be stabilized (giant turtle more expensive) old limited vanities will gain some rise in value depending on the demand of thé Best of Those vanities.. Ufo 2020 nobody wants.. Gdm 2021 20m... 

Wish u all luck in ur investments ❤️

4 minutes ago, Jgaw said:

What i Can say here is à simple analysis.. Most of ppl grind through gym runs, for that théy use amulet coins.. Watch amulet coins prices.. Before évent àround 19k

Now 12k

When amulet prices Rise.. This means ppl are grindin much, demand is rising  prices go up Faster.. 

Petsobally i remember what happened in the lunar New year évent when everybody goes crazy and magically GTM are 7.5m for 1500rp... It didn't happen for any other limited vanity.. 

And that time GDM reached 38m

Now it s the dépression after event prices of anniversary event will be stabilized (giant turtle more expensive) old limited vanities will gain some rise in value depending on the demand of thé Best of Those vanities.. Ufo 2020 nobody wants.. Gdm 2021 20m... 

Wish u all luck in ur investments ❤️

What is GDM? Is it the werewolf mask? Or the winged helmet?

I think the amulet coin are very low right now because there are a lot of riches charms 75 and 100% and the 75 is only around 30k so the amulet coin is not that interesting right now.

6 minutes ago, razimove said:

huge where? 

A lot of things have dropped in price during the event, because people wanted cash to stack the rewards.

23 minutes ago, Imperial said:

This usually happens when an event happens (e.g. Halloween), most players need money so they can stock up and invest in the limited vanities and/or RP and other items before waiting a few months for the price to increase and resell.

Usually, prices start to slowly rise after all events end (from March), with the peak prices happening between May - July.

Of course the anniversary event took place so this year is an exception, but prices are starting to slowly rise.

As a general rule, if more players are able to grind and earn money then older vanities etc would increase, as a larger number of players will be able to afford stuff. Demand plays a huge part too.

It's generally based on demand, so if you want to blame someone I would blame people who leave it until the last minute and are desperate for cash.

The market was overflowed by pretty much everything except very rare vanities like the scythe, the demands will take a long time to catch up.

Gdm is Golden Dragon Mask

Winged helmet is à sûre investment for sure

If u keep à few for the next 3 years u re gonna be rich for sure.. And at that time u will find à few scythe.. Maybe one party hat.. Desu labcoat i ve seen it twice during my 2 year ingame

6 minutes ago, ScizoMonkey said:

A lot of things have dropped in price during the event, because people wanted cash to stack the rewards.

ok, and how is this related to deflaction? Do you notice things vastly losing value afterwards? Cause they'll just keep climbing, the economy on this game is as broken as it can get.

Edited by razimove
3 hours ago, razimove said:

ok, and how is this related to deflaction? Do you notice things vastly losing value afterwards? Cause they'll just keep climbing, the economy on this game is as broken as it can get.

Yes that's exactly what I was saying. 

It's gonna climb, but really slowly and my guess is it's gonna take almost a whole year for the prices to get back at the level they were pre-event.

Because the prices are gonna go up really slowly since the market has so much offer compared to demand.

And they will be Halloween, Christmas and New Year that will make prices go down.

Unless there is a MASSIVE arrival of new players this summer (which I doubt, even with the IOS release) prices are gonna stay low for everything outside of super shinies, comp alphas, comp shinies and anything with a IV 31 and/or a good nature

Because the whole meta is gonna change with HA so a lot of comp Pokemons are gonna be put on the market.

9 hours ago, ScizoMonkey said:

Unless there is a MASSIVE arrival of new players this summer (which I doubt, even with the IOS release) prices are gonna stay low for everything outside of super shinies, comp alphas, comp shinies and anything with a IV 31 and/or a good nature

I don't think we're playing the same game, literally everything that is possible to farm except vanities went up in value because of players mono-farming event. Of course it's gonna go back to original price, but I don't know how soon since players have a lot of money to spend and less incentive to farm right now. 

10 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

I don't think we're playing the same game, literally everything that is possible to farm except vanities went up in value because of players mono-farming event. Of course it's gonna go back to original price, but I don't know how soon since players have a lot of money to spend and less incentive to farm right now. 

They also nerfed the Everstone farming, so even more people are gonna do payday+thief+pick up and berry farming

I know that it will be back to original prices but IMHO it's gonna take about a year