[STRINGS]No Textbox

20220903_233435_001_2.gif

20220903_233435_001_1.gifWhen using ocarinas/sweet scent, textboxes wont appear anymore

Download link:

https://file.lu/d/141O

How to use:

Make sure to extract first

PC:

1.Put these xml files into "strings" folder

Pokemmo folder>data>strings

2.Change client language into "NoBox"

Mobile:

1. Import the xml files

Client management>import strings

2. Change client language to "NoBox"

Edited by AIMERAIMERAIMER
added clips

Fantastic formatting on your Strings.

More users need to learn that there is a way to override both default and archives without repacking the entire game's worth of strings.

You also shouldn't have to choose client language- archives should automatically override by just being in the strings directory.

That being said- absolutely horrible hosting site. Chrome actually prompts me that there's a virus in the zip.

Please rehost elsewhere. Using uBlock Origin it actually blocks the entire download element because it is considered spam.

Or simply upload them using the xml code insert on the forum editor. There's not much to these. Just explain to the user they must save as a text file in the strings folder, and rename as .xml

Edited by nurver9
1 hour ago, ApocalixYex said:

excuse the ignorance but what is the mod for?

OP replaced the dialog that is displayed when player uses ocarinas or HM's with breaks instead of text. 

This essentially glitches the game into thinking there's nothing to display.

In reality, the game still has to pause to load the string. Unless someone removes existing breaks, this mod and mods like it don't actually speed anything up.

It's placebo effect, the messagebox no longer displays, but game still loads the edited string.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 hours ago, nurver9 said:

It's placebo effect, the messagebox no longer displays, but game still loads the edited string.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shorter strings load way faster tho. It won't be very noticeable in this case because the strings are short anyways, but is very noticeable when you switch your game to a language like chinese.

Edited by CrzPapel
18 minutes ago, CrzPapel said:

Shorter strings load way faster tho. It won't be very noticeable in this case because the strings are short anyways, but is very noticeable when you switch your game to a language like chinese.

No they don't.

You only net speed from editing strings when you remove existing line breaks.

The reason CN strings load faster is because there's no spaces, therefore there are less line breaks.

Also, you can hold cancel or accept and it is faster than any type of edit like that.

It doesn't matter how long a string is, the game still pauses to load the string if the emulator calls that string number.

On 9/10/2022 at 11:22 AM, nurver9 said:

No they don't.

You only net speed from editing strings when you remove existing line breaks.

The reason CN strings load faster is because there's no spaces, therefore there are less line breaks.

Also, you can hold cancel or accept and it is faster than any type of edit like that.

It doesn't matter how long a string is, the game still pauses to load the string if the emulator calls that string 

i didnt meant to speed up things tho, i just want to get rid of the textboxes. that is totally my intention[but im pretty sure its faster than with text :D]

also line breaks do faster than spaces, better use em on NPCs

17 hours ago, AIMERAIMERAIMER said:

i didnt meant to speed up things tho, i just want to get rid of the textboxes. that is totally my intention[but im pretty sure its faster than with text :D]

also line breaks do faster than spaces, better use em on NPCs

but by replacing strings with blank new lines, message boxes just end up glitched out like this in 90% of instances.

you should also tell people you include region link edits in your download

image.thumb.png.ae19ee9846594b7a0ae2921ad2b0af4b.png

24 minutes ago, nurver9 said:

but by replacing strings with blank new lines, message boxes just end up glitched out like this in 90% of instances.

you should also tell people you include region link edits in your download

image.thumb.png.ae19ee9846594b7a0ae2921ad2b0af4b.png

idk what is the problem for you on having blanl messages, but for me and my teammates works perfectly fine on having blank messages

7 minutes ago, AIMERAIMERAIMER said:

idk what is the problem for you on having blanl messages, but for me and my teammates works perfectly fine on having blank messages

have you tested these on desktop?

the game will pause just as if the string contains any dialog. it literally doesn't matter whats inside the code tags.

3 hours ago, nurver9 said:

have you tested these on desktop?

the game will pause just as if the string contains any dialog. it literally doesn't matter whats inside the code tags.

yes working fine on pc, idk about you i got no themes added or mods tho. Still "no text" is faster than with text.

10 hours ago, AIMERAIMERAIMER said:

yes working fine on pc, idk about you i got no themes added or mods tho. Still "no text" is faster than with text.

It literally does not work on any platform.

Your (region link) edits don't auto confirm prompts. It will display a blank messagebox.

It has nothing to do with themes or anything- I downloaded your file and I looked at what strings you mined and rewrote them myself. There is no if, ands or buts about it.

TWL doesn't even have anything to do with Strings. Mods don't touch the game's text either.

Your methodology requires user to still hold cancel or accept. 

You are not netting speed over leaving the dialog unbutchered. You are just removing text and replacing it with an empty messagebox.

On the rare occasion the game displays a y/n prompt faster, you're still going to have to go past the blank messageboxes, which basically takes back any milliseconds you gained anyways. Holding cancel or accept down without touching Strings is faster.

You are misunderstanding how the games load order and language systems work.

Edited by nurver9
  • Damian locked this topic