Efficiency of Gym Reruns

TheLiddening

Question

I hope this gets the attention of my fellow PokeMMO enthusiasts!

In PokeMMO gym runs are a very important asset in the PMMO community. Without this cash flow, the game economy would cease. The efficiency of these gym reruns are of the utmost importance for the players, economy and our emotional well-being xD 

While doing my previous gym runs, I noticed that some gyms require you to solve the puzzles before facing the gym leader (post E4). While keeping to that classical Pokemon feel, it reduces the efficiency of the run and in turn lowers the cashflow in the game, i.e. people gain less money from a gym run due to time constraints on amulet coins etc.
I would like to request that all gyms, when you have completed that region, have some type of shortcut. Gyms like Mistralton City, Mossdeep City, ect. Opelucid had a teleport pad reworked to teleport you directly to the gym leader and that was amazing! 

So please Devs, you would be saving us a lot of time and resources if you could allocate this function for all gyms across all four regions! 

Thank you for the read!

TL;DR: Please add teleport pads/an alternative way to reach the gym leaders, during gym reruns, without having to solve the entire gym puzzle.

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, TheLiddening said:

In PokeMMO gym runs are a very important asset in the PMMO community. Without this cash flow, the game economy would cease. The efficiency of these gym reruns are of the utmost importance for the players, economy and our emotional well-being xD 

While doing my previous gym runs, I noticed that some gyms require you to solve the puzzles before facing the gym leader (post E4). While keeping to that classical Pokemon feel, it reduces the efficiency of the run and in turn lowers the cashflow in the game, i.e. people gain less money from a gym run due to time constraints on amulet coins etc.
I would like to request that all gyms, when you have completed that region, have some type of shortcut. Gyms like Mistralton City, Mossdeep City, ect. Opelucid had a teleport pad reworked to teleport you directly to the gym leader and that was amazing! 

So please Devs, you would be saving us a lot of time and resources if you could allocate this function for all gyms across all four regions! 

Thank you for the read!

TL;DR: Please add teleport pads/an alternative way to reach the gym leaders, during gym reruns, without having to solve the entire gym puzzle.

In my opinion, not all economy turns around Gym farm, since veteran players after some time search for other methods more rentable, but this is universally recognized as a important farm since even some player at some point will use of other ways to farm, they will farm on Gyms first. So i think that will be a positive add. I, for example, farm with Smeargle Selling and selling of itens on events such as candys on Halloween. But i still have my Gym team, i have it because it's a recordation of when i farmed on Gyms.

Edited by caioxlive13
18 hours ago, TheLiddening said:

Thank you for the read!

TL;DR: Please add teleport pads/an alternative way to reach the gym leaders, during gym reruns, without having to solve the entire 

When getting money from these becomes more efficient for everyone then money itself will gradually lose value because we dont value what we can easily get (The fact that the most encountered shiny pokemon became the cheapest to buy isnt a coincidence).

What you actually need is for the value of your single gym fight to increase so that your money is worth more and the only way of doing that is by making gyms(/npcs) harder, less accessible and or adding more risk to doing them. Making gyms more accessible will only force you to grind more in the long run because of inflation. 

Gyms make up a big part of many people's money making strats and so if they nerf that they reduce the influx of cash into the game and people will start to value what little money they actually have.

I know people will fight aganist these points because they want a quicker influx of cash and or dont care about the long term implications because they have their money invested in items or rps etcs which wont get wrecked by inflation as much as ingame cash.

My advice to you would be to add npcs fights to your gym runs to get more money per hour or find other ways of making and forget about making gyms more accessible. Improve your own money making but not everyones money making xd.

From à personal expérience.. Gym running for à long time is very effective and Can help u to get limited vanities (which is thé Best investment if u plan to stay in the game for a long time) 

Try other money making stuffs.. Snipe on gtl lowered listed cosmetics/items/pokes a'd re-list'em with reasonable prices

Use trade chat and check if there s à good deal to be made

Study thé market and list ur cosmetics when prices rise and then re-buy again when prices gets down (this part, none knows when this happens)

Go shiny Hunt, egg hatching for rare shiny

Make bets when duels start

Go farm with à payday poke

Try ditto farming (many make much money from this) 

And finally enjoy the game ^^

On 9/27/2022 at 10:05 AM, TheLiddening said:

Thank you for the read!

As much as I totally understand where you’re coming from and want the same I don’t think it’ll happen 😞 

Ironically enough, it was just today that I was overthinking on if the market would ever go to crap due to too much pokeyen being in circulation..then I had to think about how much players spend on breeding, items, and other services offered by the game that basically lessen the amount of money in circulation….and I think maybe it’s why the game and the market has always worked because the amount of money generated through grind, and the money spent after grinding—ends out levelling out to a stable amount of pokeyen in circulation 

With that in mind and IF I were right, it wouldn’t work in anyones favour for their to be more accessible pokeyen than their already is….prices would tank..ahhh idk maybe I’m just overthinking lol