(DISCONTINUED) PokeMMOprices - Price Charts for all PokeMMO Items! Price History, Trends and More!

56 minutes ago, LucasLyn5 said:

Is is the kind of stuff I love. Great job!

Obligatory; please address the loading times on the site. They are currently not ideal 😛

A suggestion would definately be to have a sort of "legacy price chart" feature on supported items, which is separate from the current chart data you have, which then shows the data from Quakkz.

Additional question; how do you pull the data? Do you have a few accounts on the GTL taking a picture of the lowest price and then casting that to an integer? This is really interesting!

Thanks for your comment!

First of all, we have looked extensively into the loading times. Other than having the webpage elements load before the API data is loaded (only the gainsloss page doesnt do this, which is why it takes a long time to even access the page), we have no ways of easily addressing this issue. It simply takes that long for the data to reach the client, as we capture every gtl listing and need to send all that data so that it can be filtered through in the javascript. You can see this by using browser developer tools (F12) and going into the Network tab, record, then refresh. If you have any insights on this let us know.

The Legacy Price Chart feature you speak of is an awesome way to implement Quakkz and Bestfriends data. However it is not in the data structure of our existing data, so it will either have to be manually entered or scraped. We will work on this in the future.

On data gathering, we prefer not to go into detail in public, however you may reach out to us privately. If you wish to talk over discord, im in Patrouski's discord server with the name "ColesNightfill".

I am currently undergoing exam period at uni, so I am unable to focus on website development at the moment.  Sorry if we disappoint you.

Cheers!

Edited by ColesNightfill
7 hours ago, mezcalmule said:

I am interested in this project, would you be open to collaborating? What's your tech stack?

Hi, thanks for reaching out. We are currently not looking for collaborators at the moment, unless there is something highly attractive and significant they can offer to development.

What skills can you offer? The website is just HTML, CSS, Javascript, and a tiny bit of PHP. This is my first website so I am aware it is not the best product/design, however I think it is satisfactory as just a small PokeMMO tool for the community.

9 hours ago, Thekingofglory said:

how about vanity room? @YIBUhas the oringal codes

we all like that

Not sure I understand what you mean. Could you elaborate please?

Also, we are very pleased to announce that loading times should be MUCH shorter than before. Thank you for your patience 

Edited by ColesNightfill
8 minutes ago, Thekingofglory said:

do u know BlueNose's website?

there is a function serve all vanities to try on

I have heard of this website when I was researching, but I could never access it because it says there is no response. I just assumed the website was discontinued. If it's still live, I have no information about any of the features because I can't access it lol

3 minutes ago, Thekingofglory said:

there is no need to assume,u are right

and chinese really like that vanity room,so could u add it in ur web?

You mention @YIBU has the original code for it, so it is really up to them. I am also unsure if that feature fits into our websites identity

Thanks for your suggestion though, we'll see what happens!

On 10/21/2022 at 9:21 PM, ColesNightfill said:

What skills can you offer? The website is just HTML, CSS, Javascript, and a tiny bit of PHP. This is my first website so I am aware it is not the best product/design, however I think it is satisfactory as just a small PokeMMO tool for the community.

I work as a software engineer by trade, would be cool to add some features that you can see on the tradingview website. I mainly work on python, but I know C++ and Javascript.

• 2 weeks later...

The tool is really great, helps players keep track of prices fairly easily. An improvement I would suggest is to be able to check the prices for a longer period of time, ie the furthest I can go back to is August 20222. Would also be cool if u can have an account and pin certain items u want to keep track of. 

21 hours ago, Alfredo922 said:

The tool is really great, helps players keep track of prices fairly easily. An improvement I would suggest is to be able to check the prices for a longer period of time, ie the furthest I can go back to is August 20222. Would also be cool if u can have an account and pin certain items u want to keep track of. 

We were exploring the idea of accounts already for the future. Perhaps also having something similar to a portfolio where users can say what items they bought, how many, and at what price. Then you can track your profit/losses.

The only option we have to look further into past prices is implementing quakkz and bestfriends spreadsheets, however they were monthly and only on certain items. We are also exploring this.

Thanks for your suggestions! I cannot update the website much right now since I am in the middle of uni exams and stuff, so I apologise for that.

21 hours ago, ColesNightfill said:

We were exploring the idea of accounts already for the future. Perhaps also having something similar to a portfolio where users can say what items they bought, how many, and at what price. Then you can track your profit/losses.

This would basically be the only thing left I would want on the site. Thanks for making this amazing tool ❤️

5 hours ago, Imbalance said:

"Internal Server Error We are sorry, but something went wrong. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please report it in the PokeMMO forum-post."

I believe this was just a random uptime failure, as the website seems to be functioning at the moment. Thanks for reporting though

9 hours ago, Imbalance said:

I had this link in my favs and it still gives me the error: "https://pokemmoprices.com/gainsloss.php". The main page does load for me now and the page for each individual items also works.

... Tried loading the https://pokemmoprices.com/gainsloss.php page again and it does work again suddenly.

Was this a problem on my end?

Very useful site you made btw.

No worries then, it was probably a random problem on your end.  And thank you! Many people are providing free tools and guides that help make the game grow in many different aspects. We were inspired and wanted to make our contribution to an aspect of PokeMMO that we thought is pretty neglected.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...