Non-Gender Locked Hairstyles

Kassondra

Question

Hello, I know I haven't been around much lately, but I really wanted to add a suggestion I've been sitting on for a while now.

Androgynous hairstyles. Why are they locked to a specific gender? Years ago, I noticed there was a hairstyle I really liked, but it was only available to male characters. This made me quite sad, as it definitely fit my personality more than the other ones I had to choose from when making my female character.

This is the hairstyle I'm talking about specifically, although I'm sure there are many more that should really be useable by multiple genders:
unknown.png

Years back, I purchased reward points so I could acquire a makeover kit to swap my character's gender to male so I could use this hairstyle. Unfortunately, I have to see my character's god awful male animation/stance when I start a battle. I've tolerated it since, although I don't think its really out of the realm of possibility for a change like this to happen, right? I've known other people who used to play that had to force change their character in order to get a hairstyle that's locked behind a gender.

I know there are a few hairstyles in the gift shop that are purchasable, but most are horrible aside from one, and none of them are feminine. Sorry, I really don't mean to flame but the hair tab in the gift shop has not changed in years. It would be nice to see stuff that fit female characters better. Maybe allowing androgynous hairstyles to be purchasable? That way we don't have to completely change our gender with a makeover kit, which causes our character animations/models in battle to incorrectly reflect what we wish our characters to look like.

Thank you for giving this a read, I really appreciate you, team!
-Kass

4 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Elizn said:

Im with you, I thought this was a hairstyle for girls until a friend had to burst my bubble :c

The Shaggy hair is amazing, and would suit girls just as good as long haired boys lol

Even if it doesn't suit one or the other who cares, just unlock them all for both /shrug

i have bad news for you, this suggestion will never going to happen and this changed was done like around 2015+ or something, from what i remember shaggy hair was a default for female hairstyle till one of Developers i think darkshade is behind it ( yup its him i blame him for removing shaggy hair from female to male character its so bad and make 0 sense), from what i understand they said its only reason it got moved to male section hairstyle is due to male hairstyle has less than female hairstyle so the only way to balance it by giving shaggy to male character and female hairstyle remain the same, ( again it doesn't make sense but what it does make sense is male can have long hair but i really like my 2013 character on my female character had shaggy hair till update asked to change appearance before the account that does not change will be deleted).

i really love shaggy hair on my female character the character i had in 2013 is gone ( my main account is not any related to IGN at all)

Edited by FelinkaAnnie