Coinflips.

Appable

Question

I have seen that pvp betting has been suggested before and it does seem like a great idea but there could be a lot of problems such as match fixing and such, but coin flips could be a good, simple, foolproof way to implement riskier play into mmo. Most end game players have more money than they know what to do with and could be an extra form of entertainment, nd new players could cf together just as easily. Coinflips would allow players to "cf" each other and bet yen, or even items for more variation and fun. I get that gambling is a dark area for many games but having a simple betting cf system would be enjoyable for all players. (except whoever loses lol)

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Appable said:

I have seen that pvp betting has been suggested before and it does seem like a great idea but there could be a lot of problems such as match fixing and such, but coin flips could be a good, simple, foolproof way to implement riskier play into mmo. Most end game players have more money than they know what to do with and could be an extra form of entertainment, nd new players could cf together just as easily. Coinflips would allow players to "cf" each other and bet yen, or even items for more variation and fun. I get that gambling is a dark area for many games but having a simple betting cf system would be enjoyable for all players. (except whoever loses lol)

There's no skill with that, nobody is interested.
Betting is non official and purely a player thing, there are a lots of scammers in each event that just don't pay their bets anyways and it's none of the staff business to punish them.
But you can still make a good amount of money if you put your money on the right player, it's not just randomly picking between 2 there is knowledge involved.

2 hours ago, TohnR said:

Betting is non official and purely a player thing, there are a lots of scammers in each event that just don't pay their bets anyways and it's none of the staff business to punish them.
But you can still make a good amount of money if you put your money on the right player, it's not just randomly picking between 2 there is knowledge involved.

I wouldn't say NOBODY is interested as it would be a function that could be used by anyone at anytime. I get that the idea is a long-shot but no skill doesn't necessarily mean no fun especially when it comes to wagering...Also would just be something to do while sitting in verm. 

Edited by Appable
37 minutes ago, Appable said:

I wouldn't say NOBODY is interested as it would be a function that could be used by anyone at anytime. I get that the idea is a long-shot but no skill doesn't necessarily mean no fun especially when it comes to wagering...Also would just be something to do while sitting in verm. 

I mean it wouldn't be fully useless but it's not a needed implementation.
There are a lot of similar commands that could be added to the chat to improve UX that won't ever see the light of day. Let's see if people want that toss a coin function. To be honest it could be fun to use in PVP 🙂 

Edited by TohnR
4 hours ago, TohnR said:

Reminds me that I have to pay you lol

5 hours ago, TohnR said:

To add to this, as I see lot of confusion.

We don't moderate bets and in case of report, we ask both sides to not engage in bets anymore. "Scammers" are asked to stop with betting in game, without any proof of match result - and if it continues, aka I will get more reports, we may take actions.

Forum bets are different- no punishments are given cause player being blacklisted from bets for PSL etc is already a punishment, and match result is clear and recognised by community.