[Denied]The PC BOX Suggestion thread.

[quote name='Conker' timestamp='1364018698' post='242057']
Not sure if this has been said yet but....more boxs :V 14 isnt enough
[/quote]

I'm neutral with this.

In 3rd Generation games, we only have 14 boxes, each holding 30 Pokemon, adding up to a total of 420. But if for some reason people aren't keeping up with their Pokemon and releasing the bad ones, I guess we could suggest upgrading the PC System from 14 boxes to 18, therefore holding 540 Pokemon.

(In 4th Generation games, the boxes were increased from 14 - 18, if anybody cared to know that.)

[quote name='CipherWeston' timestamp='1364047219' post='242317']
I'm neutral with this.

In 3rd Generation games, we only have 14 boxes, each holding 30 Pokemon, adding up to a total of 420. But if for some reason people aren't keeping up with their Pokemon and releasing the bad ones, I guess we could suggest upgrading the PC System from 14 boxes to 18, therefore holding 540 Pokemon.

(In 4th Generation games, the boxes were increased from 14 - 18, if anybody cared to know that.)
[/quote]
We need 24 imo. Consider that we have 224 Pokemon, and people hardly have enough room with 14 boxes. Then look at the fact that there are a total of 386 Pokemon. Yea, my boxes are beginning to fill up as well, and I do plan to complete the Pokedex, so doesn't bide well with me

I'm neutral with this.

[/quote]
In this game its a bit awkward, we all (most of us at least) hunt pokemon on mass scales. Its not uncommon for me to fill up a box in under half an hour from hunting one pokemon. Due to no release from catch option my boxes are fucked most of the time. I have filled up my whole 14 boxes twice and often have to spend an hour releasing and checking IVs of the pokemon. Therefore it should be at least 30 imo.

[quote name='iSmashbro' timestamp='1364047332' post='242318']
We need 24 imo. Consider that we have 224 Pokemon, and people hardly have enough room with 14 boxes. Then look at the fact that there are a total of 386 Pokemon. Yea, my boxes are beginning to fill up as well, and I do plan to complete the Pokedex, so doesn't bide well with me
[/quote]

[quote name='Dougington' timestamp='1364047473' post='242323']
In this game its a bit awkward, we all (most of us at least) hunt pokemon on mass scales. Its not uncommon for me to fill up a box in under half an hour from hunting one pokemon. Due to no release from catch option my boxes are fucked most of the time. I have filled up my whole 14 boxes twice and often have to spend an hour releasing and checking IVs of the pokemon. Therefore it should be at least 30 imo.
[/quote]
I understand that, there are people on this game who's main goal is to capture them all (I'm one of them (I'm better than Ash)), and people fill them up looking for that perfect IV'd Pokemon (I'm one of them as well).

So I suggest we do something along the line like how Black and White did. That way it'll hopefully save server space.

We start out with 8 boxes with a total of 240 Pokemon space. When each of them are half way filled, the storage will be increased to 16 boxes, holding 480. Then, once those 16 are halfway filled, it increases to a maximum of 24 boxes, holding 720.

As to the release option when you immediately capture it, I don't see that happening.

[quote name='Conker' timestamp='1364109752' post='243343']
14 isnt a lot, there are more pokemon then pc space :/
[/quote]
14 boxes, each holding 30 Pokemon, adding up to a total of 420.
[/quote]
You do realize that there are only 386 Pokemon obtainable in the entire 3rd generation, and we have less than 230 available to us?

[quote name='CipherWeston' timestamp='1364139351' post='243723']
You do realize that there are only 386 Pokemon obtainable in the entire 3rd generation, and we have less than 230 available to us?
[/quote] Do you realize people catch more then 1 pokemon of a kind and can have up to at least 10 of the same pokemon due to iv hunting...yeah again there isnt enough space.

Please, we really need [b]more boxes[/b], I am pretty tired of not being able to farm more pokes, just because I only have 1-2 free boxes, with no comps/shinies/utility/shop pokes.

I think this should have the same or more priority than implementing new moves/abilities.

Thanks for reading :)

i have a tiny suggestion to add to this if its useful. there could be like a search bar on the pc boxes for example let say you might look for bagon and you have so many pokemon to look through which will take time to do if you dont know where you last put him at, so with the search bar feature you can type the first letter of the name "B" and it will find all the pokemon starting with the letter B and it would be easier to find

[quote name='Venomgt' timestamp='1364784824' post='258320']
i have a tiny suggestion to add to this if its useful. there could be like a search bar on the pc boxes for example let say you might look for bagon and you have so many pokemon to look through which will take time to do if you dont know where you last put him at, so with the search bar feature you can type the first letter of the name "B" and it will find all the pokemon starting with the letter B and it would be easier to find
[/quote]

i already listed that on my post in the 1st page, and yeah we do need a search option

[quote name='CipherWeston' timestamp='1364783049' post='258272']
I will keep adding to this thread the more ideas keep coming to me.

This idea was by IceMyr.

For more boxes, what if there was also an option to buy them? Not a butt load of money (not $10). Maybe a dollar per box?
[/quote] That sounds like a stupid idea....that would just force players to pay money.

[quote name='CipherWeston' timestamp='1364783049' post='258272']
I will keep adding to this thread the more ideas keep coming to me.

This idea was by IceMyr.

For more boxes, what if there was also an option to buy them? Not a butt load of money (not $10). Maybe a dollar per box?
[/quote]
Eh, no thanks.

I'd like to eventually see the PC Box system become like a full-blown MMO inventory system, maybe even with a Diablo 3-esque small chest to have pokes (NOT non-tradable ones) available to your other chars, within reason.
But a full separate system for managing it, maybe even with out-of-game (or a separate small client) management that you can access.

Gift shop Idea:
Portable PC, buyable for maybe like 1000 points that lets you set up a pc wherever you are (obviously only useable by you, and visible as well only by you) I would love this, and would maybe fix the auto release idea for some people as well, since I dont know if they'll ever make it so you can auto release. Just an idea, I would definitely pay for it :)

Edit: Maybe it could have like a 2 hour cooldown on it as well?

[quote name='EposVox' timestamp='1364962504' post='262636']
Auto-sort (or manual options for it) of pokes?
[/quote]
It's been suggested before, probably in this thread and I know for a fact that it has been suggested in other threads as well. But a staff member once told me that this will probably not happen until late after the game is nearly completed. The staff member said that this suggestion is another suggestion that is trying to make the user's lives easier (if that made sense) so that's why it won't be until later in the future, and not on the top of their priority list.

We'll be doing some updates with the PC Box next update to make it more functional. This includes:[list]
[*]An easier release function via the Right Click menu.
[*]Box-To-Box movement.
[*]Brief information of the pokémon on hover-over (Containing Level, Current HP, Held Item name, Moves Learned)
[*]Doubling the box space, halving the box #s.
[*]A yellow box around Shinies to indicate their shininess.
[/list]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/BjWjQER.png[/img]

We will likely never do complete box releases. Auto-sort functionality may come later as it did with the Bag GUI. Item storage is a given, although it requires the PC system to be reworked to hold Items.

An increase in the number of boxes is not out of the question, although we may need to rework some networking to handle it. This will likely be a donation option.

Note that the screenshot is from the development server and is not necessarily representative of the update which will be deployed to Live.

[quote name='Kyu' timestamp='1365324215' post='270683']
We'll be doing some updates with the PC Box next update to make it more functional. This includes:[list]
[*]Box-To-Box movement.
[*]Brief information of the pokémon on hover-over (Containing Level, Current HP, Held Item name, Moves Learned)
[/list]

We will likely never do complete box releases. Auto-sort functionality may come later as it did with the Bag GUI. Item storage is a given, although it requires the PC system to be reworked to hold Items.

An increase in the number of boxes is not out of the question, although we may need to rework some networking to handle it. This will likely be a donation option.

Note that the screenshot is from the development server and is not necessarily representative of the update which will be deployed to Live.
[/quote]

?s mean Missingno. Confirmed.

[quote name='Kyu' timestamp='1365324215' post='270683']
[*]Box-To-Box movement.
[/list]

[/quote]

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3CEG5KlWfak/TjDLbm6oRDI/AAAAAAAARgU/CT6qMMHIENQ/s1600/FGYeah.gif[/img]

[spoiler]looks so much better[/spoiler]