[Unoffcial Event] AFC Adinho's Christmas Tournament PokeMMO Edition [5 MILLION POKEYEN PRIZEPOOL]

POKEMMO PVP TOURNAMENT BIRTHDAY EDITION

Date: Monday, 26th December 2022
Time: 6PM CEST -> 
Time Zone Converter – Time Difference Calculator (timeanddate.com)
Prizepool: 5 Million Pokeyen

TOURNAMENT WILL BE STREAMED ON YOUTUBE AND TWITCH

Rules pre joining:

- You'll have to be in Vermillion City, If you're not there you will be disqualified!

- Check in opens 1 hour before the start of the tournament, make sure to check in or you can't participate!

- You must be in the stream (Youtube or Twitch) during the tournament (you can lower the stream quality if your pc can't handle it).

- If you can't find your opponent or if your opponent doesn't respond, let us know in stream so we can help!

If you have any difficulties  before the tournament message Radium88#1039 or AFC_Assistant#7528 on Discord. During the tournament use the streamchat. If really needed Radium88#1039 can be messaged on Discord but only if it can't be resolved in streamchat. 

Battle rules:

- PokeMMO PvP 1v1 OU ranked rules.

- Only start your match when I say so, otherwise you might have to redo your match if I decide to feature your match!

- If I decide to feature your match, please stand next to me in game and wait till I say you can start. 

- Switching Pokemon between rounds is allowed.

- Stand in front of each other in game when sending a challenge request.

- Praying to RNGesus is allowed. 

Bans: 

- Arena Trap, Shadow Tag, Serene Grace
- Splash, Tail Whip
- Mankey, Rattata, Caterpie, Weedle, Magikarp

Prizes: (5M Pokeyen prizepool)

- 1st place 2.000.000 Pokeyen 

- 2nd place 1.00.000 Pokeyen 

- 3th place 600.00 Pokeyen 

- 4th place 400.000 Pokeyen

image.thumb.png.09473820d15e21f6f01fc905e05bd054.png

Youtube: 

Twitch: Afc_adinho - Twitch
Discord: https://discord.gg/frtDftK

Edited by theAdinho

Bans: 

- Splash, Tail Whip

Magikarp >>> Dragonite Multiscale

Okay, this list makes 100% sense(Jokes aside, Arena Trap and serene Grace bans are understandable, but Shadow tag? Like i say on other tournament post, this ability isn't problematic, he got already nerfed. Also, Splash and Tail Whip? Ban something like... Swords Dance, Perish Song, Toxic/TSpikes... This moves can be boring on a tournament.)

Edited by caioxlive13
13 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Bans: 

- Splash, Tail Whip

Magikarp >>> Dragonite Multiscale

Okay, this list makes 100% sense(Jokes aside, Arena Trap and serene Grace bans are understandable, but Shadow tag? Like i say on other tournament post, this ability isn't problematic, he got already nerfed. Also, Splash and Tail Whip? Ban something like... Swords Dance, Perish Song, Toxic/TSpikes... This moves can be boring on a tournament.)

And I don't agree with you 🙂

44 minutes ago, theAdinho said:

And I don't agree with you 🙂

The main ban that i'm on doubt is Shadow Tag? Why? He only works for three turns and their user is Wobbufet, he can't abuse directly from any way the turns gained. If the question is trapping, why Magnet Pull don't get banned?

Edited by caioxlive13
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2022 at 7:36 AM, caioxlive13 said:

The main ban that i'm on doubt is Shadow Tag? Why? He only works for three turns and their user is Wobbufet, he can't abuse directly from any way the turns gained. If the question is trapping, why Magnet Pull don't get banned?

I'm 11 days late to seeing this, but do you understand that even with a 3 turn "nerf" to Shadow Tag, Wobbuffet can do literally whatever it wants with Encore + Counter/Mirror Coat if the opposing pokemon isn't a Ghost type/packing Taunt?

Turn 1: Encore, since your opponent is trapped.

Turn 2: If the opponent used a damaging move, Counter/Mirror Coat accordingly and kill, or switch to a setup mon that doesn't fear whatever move was used. Can Counter/Mirror Coat again on turn 3 if needed as well, since the opponent is still trapped.

If the opponent used a status/setup move, then switch to whichever setup mon you want and congratulations! You have a free turn to potentially end a game right away since your opponent is still trapped and locked into their non-damaging move.

Counting might be slightly difficult for you having seen some of your past forum posts, so allow me to acknowledge for you that none of these strategies take more than 3 turns (hence "nerf" being in quotes).

A short answer to your question about Magnet Pull: it only works against Steel types, some of which still beat Magnezone 1v1 anyway. Given that it also usually runs Choice Scarf, Magnezone is still easily taken advantage of most times.

2 hours ago, Sargeste said:

I'm 11 days late to seeing this, but do you understand that even with a 3 turn "nerf" to Shadow Tag, Wobbuffet can do literally whatever it wants with Encore + Counter/Mirror Coat if the opposing pokemon isn't a Ghost type/packing Taunt?

Turn 1: Encore, since your opponent is trapped.

Turn 2: If the opponent used a damaging move, Counter/Mirror Coat accordingly and kill, or switch to a setup mon that doesn't fear whatever move was used. Can Counter/Mirror Coat again on turn 3 if needed as well, since the opponent is still trapped.

If the opponent used a status/setup move, then switch to whichever setup mon you want and congratulations! You have a free turn to potentially end a game right away since your opponent is still trapped and locked into their non-damaging move.

Counting might be slightly difficult for you having seen some of your past forum posts, so allow me to acknowledge for you that none of these strategies take more than 3 turns (hence "nerf" being in quotes).

A short answer to your question about Magnet Pull: it only works against Steel types, some of which still beat Magnezone 1v1 anyway. Given that it also usually runs Choice Scarf, Magnezone is still easily taken advantage of most times.

Wobbufet cannot abuse directly from the turn gained, he lets other abuse. But depending of mon, the turn don't serve you for nothing besides see your opponent switch. Example: If you trapped a Multiscale Nite full life onto a DD, when you can move with a setup mon, you most likely will not kill, and need to deal with a +3 Atk boosted E-Speed. Some mons you will only be able to get kill, you can't really setup there. 

Also, about the steel type, is great the trapping because steel are one of the most valuable types on a team, because defensively it was great, some players consider it the best defensive type(also it's valuable to offenses due to Toxic immunity, but the great attraction is the defensive coverage.). Getting rid of a Skarmory or a Scizor can open a big hole on the opponent team. For example, during august we don't have most part of things we have today. So, getting rid of Ferrothorn is let Feralligator sweep on the first chance it have to setup. Nowadays is a less valuable example since Weezing is most common and he can help cancelling sheer force effect, and can burn with WoW.

Edited by caioxlive13
3 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Wobbufet cannot abuse directly from the turn gained, he lets other abuse.

Wobbuffet allowing other pokemon to abuse its trapping capabilities is the entire point of banning it.

3 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

But depending of mon, the turn don't serve you for nothing besides see your opponent switch. Example: If you trapped a Multiscale Nite full life onto a DD, when you can move with a setup mon, you most likely will not kill, and need to deal with a +3 Atk boosted E-Speed. Some mons you will only be able to get kill, you can't really setup there. 

You clearly do not understand Encore's mechanics if this is your argument. Encore lasts for your opponent's next 3 actions, meaning that it is effectively 4 turns your opponent will not be dealing damage to your team because of Wobbuffet being slower than Dragonite. Let me break this down into turns again for you:

Turn 1: Dragonite uses DD, Wobbuffet uses Encore (3 turns left of Encore)

Turn 2: Dragonite uses DD, Wobbuffet user switches into a setup mon, let's use Cloyster as an example. (2 turns left of Encore)

Turn 3: Dragonite uses DD, Cloyster uses Shell Smash because there are no consequences to doing so. (1 turn left of Encore)

Turn 4: Dragonite uses DD, Cloyster uses Icicle Spear, kills Dragonite. Suddenly the Wobbuffet user just got a free +2 Cloyster on the field while taking 0 damage in the process.

Notice you can use any setup mon in this situation or any others where Wobbuffet is trapping a mon. You use Dragonite as an example because of Multiscale and assuming that it isn't going to be taken down while locked by Encore, but this is OU where 3 of the top 7 mons in usage (as of me writing this post) are 4x weak to Ice. There will be something on the Wobbuffet user's team that can kill Dragonite in the two free turns they have to do so.

46 minutes ago, Sargeste said:

Wobbuffet allowing other pokemon to abuse its trapping capabilities is the entire point of banning it.

You clearly do not understand Encore's mechanics if this is your argument. Encore lasts for your opponent's next 3 actions, meaning that it is effectively 4 turns your opponent will not be dealing damage to your team because of Wobbuffet being slower than Dragonite. Let me break this down into turns again for you:

Turn 1: Dragonite uses DD, Wobbuffet uses Encore (3 turns left of Encore)

Turn 2: Dragonite uses DD, Wobbuffet user switches into a setup mon, let's use Cloyster as an example. (2 turns left of Encore)

Turn 3: Dragonite uses DD, Cloyster uses Shell Smash because there are no consequences to doing so. (1 turn left of Encore)

Turn 4: Dragonite uses DD, Cloyster uses Icicle Spear, kills Dragonite. Suddenly the Wobbuffet user just got a free +2 Cloyster on the field while taking 0 damage in the process.

Notice you can use any setup mon in this situation or any others where Wobbuffet is trapping a mon. You use Dragonite as an example because of Multiscale and assuming that it isn't going to be taken down while locked by Encore, but this is OU where 3 of the top 7 mons in usage (as of me writing this post) are 4x weak to Ice. There will be something on the Wobbuffet user's team that can kill Dragonite in the two free turns they have to do so.

Well, your counting are a bit buged because the first turn iirc counts as used, so after shell smash Nite aren't locked and actually can attack. Idk if are chanaged on MMO.

And you don't commented about steels trapping.

Edited by caioxlive13

It's not bugged, that's how the move works. If the Encore user is slower than the mon it used Encore on, you get 3 free turns total. I can test with you in-game if you'd like to confirm it for yourself.

As for Magnet Pull, I and many others in other forum threads have discussed the difference of it compared to something like Shadow Tag. Magnezone gets easily taken advantage of like I said. Not sure what else you want me to acknowledge about it.