How BW2 could eventually be added

MagicApollo

Question

(TL;DR in bold)

I understand that it would be awkward to have two Unovas when this mmo is meant to feel like you're just traveling region to region. Having a second Unova to travel to would break that. This wouldn't be an issue if we treat the two Unovas as one region, but you're time traveling. Time travel isn't a foreign concept to the Pokémon world at all.

Once Unova has been completed the first time, an NPC should unlock which gives some dialogue about how the player is needed in the future as Team Plasma returns. The NPC can't teleport your Pokémon with you, but you can get them from your PC if needed. The NPC will teleport the player to Aspertia where the BW2 storyline begins.

Probably the best way to handle switching Unovas would be to have an NPC in every Pokémon center which will allow travel to the corresponding Pokémon Centers. If you speak to an NPC in future Castelia, they will transport you to past Castelia and vice versa. You have to unlock the NPC in each future Pokémon center before you can travel to it from the past. New Pokémon Centers in BW2 exclusive towns just wouldn't have the NPC or the NPC would be there but transport you to Castelia.

This next idea might be a little less popular, but maybe we could also introduce a new Unova port in Virbank. The ports would be Unova (Castelia) and Unova (Virbank) so you can travel between past/future more easily from other regions. Though, the PCenter NPCs will probably suffice without that.

The only part I haven't worked out is which Unova you get transported to when you sail from another region. Could we store data on whether the player was in past/present when they were last in Unova? Should the ship always bring you to past Unova?

I'd love to see BW2 added some years down the line, so I hope this post spurs some ideas.

Edited by MagicApollo

3 answers to this question

I think this idea is great!

41 minutes ago, MagicApollo said:

This next idea might be a little less popular, but maybe we could also introduce a new Unova port in Virbank. The ports would be Unova (Castelia) and Unova (Virbank) so you can travel between past/future more easily from other regions. Though, the PCenter NPCs will probably suffice without that.

41 minutes ago, MagicApollo said:

The only part I haven't worked out is which Unova you get transported to when you sail from another region. Could we store data on whether the player was in past/present when they were last in Unova? Should the ship always bring you to past Unova?

I think if you follow what you said, BW/B2W2 can be transformed into "Unova of the past" and "Unova of the future", but I don't know if my idea can solve this problem.

I also really hope to play the B2W2 plot in PokeMMO! If we can also continue playing BW, that would be great!