A Bridge between Alpha and Non Alpha breeding

Obvi

Question

We all can agree Alphas where a cool addition to the game, but when it comes to breeding them there is a gap between Alphas and pre-alpha mons. One thing that isnt possible as of yet is to transfer Pre-Alpha particles such as pumpkid, pumpcat etc. too Alphas because of the Alpha+Alpha exclusive breeding. My suggestion is to implement a breeding item similar to IV braces or everstone that gives a chance to retain the alpha status when breeding an alpha with a non alpha.

Introducing the Alpha brace!

Alpha brace- Gives the pokemon a 25% chance to pass down alpha status while holding this item during breeding.

For example, Female Alpha bidoof gets to hold the "Alpha Brace" while the Male non-alpha with pumpkid particle holds any held item. There is a 25% chance the egg will hatch alpha with pumpkid particle. 

This would give the game another money sink by keeping the chance of success of the alpha brace low, while also introducing a way to pass old particles to Alphas! 

7 answers to this question

On 5/17/2023 at 1:35 AM, Obvi said:

We all can agree Alphas where a cool addition to the game, but when it comes to breeding them there is a gap between Alphas and pre-alpha mons. One thing that isnt possible as of yet is to transfer Pre-Alpha particles such as pumpkid, pumpcat etc. too Alphas because of the Alpha+Alpha exclusive breeding. My suggestion is to implement a breeding item similar to IV braces or everstone that gives a chance to retain the alpha status when breeding an alpha with a non alpha.

Introducing the Alpha brace!

Alpha brace- Gives the pokemon a 25% chance to pass down alpha status while holding this item during breeding.

For example, Female Alpha bidoof gets to hold the "Alpha Brace" while the Male non-alpha with pumpkid particle holds any held item. There is a 25% chance the egg will hatch alpha with pumpkid particle. 

This would give the game another money sink by keeping the chance of success of the alpha brace low, while also introducing a way to pass old particles to Alphas! 

Since egg groups are a thing doesnt alpha braces open up a possibility of introducing more alpha kanto starters into the game?

5 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

Since egg groups are a thing doesnt alpha braces open up a possibility of introducing more alpha kanto starters into the game?

Indeed it would. Assuming it hits the 25% chance;

F Charmander + M Alpha Ponyta (@ Alpha Brace) = Alpha Charmander

Which introduces a new Alpha Charmander into the game.

I think, if this was to be realized, it should work more like Shiny OT breeding.

So, assuming all breeds hit the 25% chance;

1. F Charmander + M Alpha Charmander (@ Alpha Brace) = Alpha Charmander
  2. F Alpha Charmander (@ Alpha Brace) + M Charmander = Alpha Charmander
  3. F Alpha Charmander (@ Alpha Brace) + Ditto = Alpha Charmander
  4. Ditto + M Alpha Charmander (@ Alpha Brace) = Alpha Charmander
  5. F Alpha Charmander (@ Alpha Brace) + M same egg group = Alpha Charmander

Where everything else either wouldn't be possible (like shiny + non-shiny breeding) or simply just have a 0% chance of passing Alpha status.

This would even make some Alpha Kanto starters disappear from the economy altogether, which I'm not sure would be a good thing (due to people possibly losing the alpha status due to a misunderstanding).

I would personally make it like Shiny OT breeding, where it 100% guarantees to pass on the Alpha status from the parent acting as the female, if it holds the Alpha Brace.

Or as the first reply mentioned; simply a Prismatic Pearl equivalent for Particles. This could also be incorporated into breeding in some way with a new held item if needed.

Edited by LucasLyn5
7 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

This is a very good point i did not consider. I think the simplicity of what RTnws suggested could be the best way to implement a way to transfer older particles to alphas

Or an item to transfer patricle effects like those pearls do with hidden abilities. 🙂👍 Wait for so long with this. 

And I also suggest Shiny Kanto Friends Particle to be Shiny Alpha Kanto Friends Particle. Since it looks so downgraded if I put this particle onto a Shiny Alpha mon. jaja