What to do for the REAL final serious update

Andr3a281093

Question

Some Weeks ago I've suggested to stop updating the Client after maximum the 7th gen Games, because of some problems which would come out in case of further updates such as the Dex genocide, or other stuffs
Today I wanted to tell you how I would ''finish'' the game in the developers place
For sure this is just personal, I don't want to force you at nothing, the game would be already wonderful just with the Johto region inside
These are just some things which would make it a bit more complete

1 - Update to ORAS/SM/USUM metagame
That's probably the first thing which comes in mind when talking about PokeMMO's gameplay
Like it or not the 6th and 7th generation games have been the last ones to not only have the entire national pokédex phisically present, but also those which made the most huge changes to metagame in the last 10 years
Apart from Z Moves and Megaevolutions the fairy type has probably been the only reason why we can consider XY as much reboot as the 5th gen games
I've decided to include ORAS instead of XY because of 2 reasons
1st. As we know from its own postgame ORAS is settled into another dimension compared to Emerald and the original episodes
Using this first point you can be able to implement, for example within the Pokémon Centers, a new feature such as the old Timecapsule from the 2nd gen games, which could be called Time-space-capsule which can be used in order to travel not only throught time, but even throught different dimensions
In this way you can contextualize not only a possible 2nd Kanto or Unova, that I know won't be implemented very soon within the game for some reasons, but even the fact that in every single region you have a different mother and background story
2nd. In ORAS you've got more megaevolutions compared to XY.
For sure this doesn't mean that XY cannot be added, Kalos is a very nice region
But for a pure metagame perspective it's less necessary in my opinion
Of course the best thing to do in this sense, in my point of view, would be to directly update to SM/USUM, because in the complex for both ''maximum possible National dex expansion'' and ''metagame expansion'' would be the best thing to do
I cannot really say which is objectively the best between SM and USUM because both miss and have something
In SM you have less UCs than in USUM, but they've sold far more copies than USUM, and as far as I know compared to BW2 changes from the originals have been very little, so people would maybe be more willing at playing those than the ''DLCs''
But in any case I don't know how easy it would be to implement 3DS games within the client, and particularly SM, so I've been thinking about something else

2 - Remain within the first 5 generations, and adjust the gameplay (good in case Z-moves and megaevolutions are not a priority)

This is theorically easier to do, but don't know how much safe it would be
As far as I know not changing the gameplay beyond a certain point is one of the things which kept PokeMMO away from Nintendo and Gamefreak's lawyers for 11 years now
But for me there are certain things which can be done without fearing this
1 - Adding regional forms and most recent evolutions to old monsters.
In the first case you can add them in hordes and just by making a new skin for them
You don't have to edit their names, but just typing and moves. For sure moveset editing is something you already do. If changing a monster's type is not too risky you could consider this
In the second case, on the other hand, you could evaluate adding monsters such as Sylveon, and newest ones from SWSH and SV simply by introducing them as fakemons (as you did for the Halloween event for example), with maybe identical appearances, but different names and sprites from their original versions
You can introduce them with new evolution mechanics (for example, in Sylveon's case, a new kind of fairy stone as new items were also added to the game in the past)
2 - Adding fairy type with a different name
As I said above I don't know if changing monsters types would be that safe
But if yes I think this change is far more urgent than the previous one, as BW meta is so old, and Dark type, dragon type, and at some degrees steel type as well are too much broken in my opinion (for sure I've mentioned steel because apart from fire, fighting, ground, water and electric it's super resistent against anything until BW/BW2)
3 - Change weaknesses and resistances
If adding fairy type is impossible even with unofficial name, you can consider rebalancing the meta, for example making both dragon and dark weak against normal (as in the old expansions of TCG), and/or steel normally hittable by dark or ghost as it is after 5th gen
For sure Spiritomb and Sableye would still have no weaknesses, but that's already one thing

3 - Waiting for BW remakes, and after some years put them as the required roms
For sure that's the hardest thing to do, but it fixes a lot of things
1 - It's the last serious adventure (ok I was joking, I've been playing Moon as well, but didn't really love it that much)
2 - The metagame would be updated
3 - You would have all of the monsters you have now
4 - If god wills, compared to BDSP, there will be Sylveon, so you don't have to wait for a XY remake

These are some suggestions
If I have other ideas I will consider to update this

11 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Andr3a281093 said:

I don't know why you're laughing at me exactly
If some points of my post are ridicolous to you explain which ones and why
In case it's too long for you just ignore it and go to the next one

Well said.

Regarding your post there are some good ideas and I think the limitations will depend on copyright issues mainly.
However something similar has already been done with the addition of Assault Gear.

It would be interesting to know what the developers plan for the future of their game.

3 minutes ago, Zuladra said:

Well said.

Regarding your post there are some good ideas and I think the limitations will depend on copyright issues mainly.
However something similar has already been done with the addition of Assault Gear.

It would be interesting to know what the developers plan for the future of their game.

For me with Johto, as I said in the post, PokéMMO would be complete already, but in an old way
Even just adjusting weaknesses and resistances should be enough in case
My post was just for little things mostly, not unprescindible things

Hace 1 hora, Andr3a281093 dijo:

No sé por qué te ríes de mí exactamente.
Si algunos puntos de mi publicación te resultan ridículos, explica adecuados y por qué.
En caso de que sea demasiado largo para ti, simplemente ignóralo y pasa al siguiente.

there is no drama bro, I laugh that it will not be implemented soon. but a future in which few will enjoy it. good idea anyway.😀

Edited by keirama
1 hour ago, keirama said:

there is no drama bro, I laugh that it will not be implemented soon. but a future in which few will enjoy it. good idea anyway.😀

Okok I didn't understand, as you put the clown emoji
I thought it was referred to me personally xD
For sure it won't be implemented soon
Honestly the next thing devs will have to face is the server status the day Johto comes out
Pokémon GO's first week will seem a joke in comparison lmao

4 hours ago, Andr3a281093 said:

Okok, no entendí, cuando pusiste el emoji de payaso
pensé que se refería a mí personalmente xD
Seguro que no se implementará pronto
Honestamente, lo siguiente que tendrán que enfrentar los desarrolladores es el estado del servidor el día que Johto salga
Pokémon La primera semana de GO parecerá una broma en comparación lmao

would have stood alone now I eliminate the clown. what a pity .😎💪👍

I had been like that before mate, @razimove @keirama. Don't let the error of this man be your error too.

but anyway... adding a new name for Fairy would be fantastic. Fae, Pixy, you name it. But if they would not add it, they should update their reactive sheet for other typings.

Also, the variants or forms are good match for the meta. 

Edited by Gengarcello
2 hours ago, Gengarcello said:

Yo había sido así antes amigo,@razimove @keirama. No dejes que el error de este hombre sea tu error también.

pero de todos modos... agregar un nuevo nombre para Fairy sería fantástico. Fae, Pixy, lo que sea. Pero si no lo agregaran, deberían actualizar su hoja reactiva para otras tipificaciones.

Además, las variantes o formas son una buena combinación para el meta. 

Why be toxic, when the community sometimes is. but it's not my problem. think what you want. it doesn't bother me it's his opinion . I hope they pay attention to his theory of how the mechanics of the game should change.Well bro, sorry if I offended you with your theory.@Andr3a281093😎💪👍