Implement Tools on Menu (Trade Calculator, Competitive Builder, Breeding Guide, Move Tutor Locator)

MightyMichele

Question

Hello there! 

Here are some tools that could be implemented on PokeMMO to help the community:

Menu--->Tool Menu  [New]

1. Trade Calculator: A tool that allows players to calculate the total value of items, cosmetics, and Pokémon being traded with other players without leave the game to use the calculator. It could be just a manual calculator or as well include some information regarding market prices and estimated value for the trade.

2. Competitive Team Builder: A tool that helps players create and optimize their Pokémon teams. It could suggest ideal movesets, provide type coverage analysis, and recommend Pokémon based on the player's preferred playstyle as well provide an IV/EV Calculator: to help players determine the Individual Values (IVs) and Effort Values (EVs) of their Pokémon (to assist players in breeding and training Pokémon with specific stat distributions).

3. Breeding Guide: A comprehensive guide that explains the mechanics of breeding in PokeMMO, including information on breeding chains, egg moves, and inheritance. It could also provide breeding recommendations for specific Pokémon.

4. Move Tutor Locator: A feature that helps players find Move Tutors in the game world. It could provide information on the Move Tutor's location, the moves they teach, and the requirements to access their services.

5. Event Tracker: A tool that keeps players updated on in-game events, such as special promotions, tournaments, and limited-time activities. It could provide event schedules, rewards, and other relevant details.

6. Events records and Achievement Tracker Menu: A system that tracks and displays players' achievements and milestones in the game. It could provide badges, titles, and rewards for completing specific challenges or reaching significant milestones.

Thank you for considering my suggestion. If you like my ideas please upvote it and give me a like. I will appreciate that ☺️

If you have any additional ideas please share below.

With love,

MightyMichele

Edited by MightyMichele

5 answers to this question

I also think it would be beneficial to add a Swarms record and Swarms Finder tool. A user in the game suggested this feature (credits AcerTijo ign, I just summarized), and I believe it could be considered too, as it might be helpful for players to quickly check if there is a swarm without having to review all four regions. With 4 and soon 5 regions to check, it can be overwhelming to keep track of all the swarms. Swarms are very popular among players and I believe many players would greatly benefit from this addition.

Edited by MightyMichele

There is another tool to add to the list of tools. Again, inspired by my in-game friend (credits IIZapperII ign, I just summarized): a Berries Guide Tool. This tool would provide comprehensive information about the various berries in the game, including their effects, usage, and locations where they can be obtained. It would be particularly beneficial for players who are interested in increasing their Pokémon's happiness or utilizing berries for other purposes. The guide could include specific details on which berries boost happiness, reduce EVs, heal status conditions, or possess other effects. By incorporating a Berries Guide into the game, players would have easy access to valuable information that would assist them in making strategic decisions and optimizing their Pokémon's potential.

Edited by MightyMichele

Some of the ideas seem good and intuitive to me for new players, although it is quite easy to find a guide to learn how to breed on yt, but a small automated tutorial that quickly explains how breeding works in pokemmo would not be bad when you try to breed a pokemon by first time, somewhat similar to the little tutorials on how to catch a pokemon in the original games.

Since you mention the move tutor locator, it occurs to me that it would be useful if the map highlighted certain places with special functions, such as the ship to change regions, daycares, location of moss rock, icy rock, magnetic field, live location for Mewtwo/Rayquaza/Arceus/Keldeo (so that players know if the legendary is out of their zone and a player has it and would not look in vain for wild encounters to get it), the location of the mall, the places where you can plant berries and I can't think of anything else for now xd

This would make the map feature more intuitive and informative for new players unfamiliar with certain areas, although it probably changes the essence of the map from the original games a bit, so I imagine if this is to be implemented it should have an option to turn it on and off (this option could appear on the map when we use it "show important locations ◻(deactivated) / ◼(activated)")

Edited by IIZapperII
33 minutes ago, MightyMichele said:

There is another tool to add to the list of tools. Again, inspired by my in-game friend (credits IIZapperII ign, I just summarized): a Berries Guide Tool. This tool would provide comprehensive information about the various berries in the game, including their effects, usage, and locations where they can be obtained. It would be particularly beneficial for players who are interested in increasing their Pokémon's happiness or utilizing berries for other purposes. The guide could include specific details on which berries boost happiness, reduce EVs, heal status conditions, or possess other effects. By incorporating a Berries Guide into the game, players would have easy access to valuable information that would assist them in making strategic decisions and optimizing their Pokémon's potential.

I mean something similar to the knowledge base found in PokemMO support, but in this case it should be usable in-game as an option that contains a lot of information about various things in-game, for example all the ones already mentioned in the section about features in the knowledge base on the support platform, also not a complete guide on the berries, but mentioning the most common questions like the ones that increase happiness and decrease evs, how many hours you should wait to return to fight another time with the npc/gym/league leaders, how the nursery works to level up your pokemon and how much experience does the pokemon get there, location of moss rock, icy rock, magnetic field, how much happiness do pokemon need to evolve, where to revive fossils, etc.

These ideas are all great! Like!

I think the 'Apply for Help' section in the game's menu can be further divided into two sections: 'Support Center' and 'Official Forum'

(It seems that someone has put forward a similar viewpoint? Hahaha, I'm sorry, I can't remember clearly)

If the forum's webpage could have a jump window in the game, it might help more newcomers or make it easier for everyone to seek help/ask questions

Also, it's a post I've posted before:

I hope this issue can receive appropriate attention

(Although someone voted in support and I am very grateful to those who voted, it seems that after a while no one has replied to me/paid attention to this issue... Please forgive me for placing this issue in front of everyone below your post)

I hope everyone's opinions and ideas will receive feedback and support from the official team

Full of respect

kuuai