Pokemmo Gatekeeping?

Hello fellow trainers,i want to point out something that seems a little bit strange to me.For the past week i am trying to learn about pvp,build my team in the best way possible in order to learn the game/meta and be competitive(Dont want to brag but i am used on playing high tier when it comes to card games and turn based rpgs,i can learn metas and mechanics really fast).But with pokemmo its the first time in many years of playing games that i cant seem to find much info online on how to build the team i want and what to use.What seems to me even more strange is the fact that i have done one post here at the forums and two more at reddit looking for answers and all i got was 3 answers combined on all 3 of my posts.So i want to ask:are high tier players "gatekeeping" their tier by not sharing much info on their builds or something?Am i missing something?,Any site/forums where i can find builds and stuff like that?(except smogon,because i am still new and dont know what to use from there /what is nerfed etc.

if u need help to see the meta u can find it in game, at OU//UU Ranking u should see the most used mons, in true u can build any team u want to play, but some mons are better than others.

keep playing eventually u will understand how the macthups work.

its more about how u play then who u play got it ? kkkkk 

12 minutes ago, MVPJamp said:

if u need help to see the meta u can find it in game, at OU//UU Ranking u should see the most used mons, in true u can build any team u want to play, but some mons are better than others.

keep playing eventually u will understand how the macthups work.

its more about how u play then who u play got it ? kkkkk 

Thanks mate,you are one of the few that actually answered at my post,you are a life saver.

I check the stats daily to be honest and still i have so many questions that cant be answered this way.I liked your starmie idea and went and bought one to add to my team.

Honestly use what you want, on Pokemmo there are so many builds you can do that if you really wanted to you can use a team of NU that with skill can sweep an OU team. Personally up to your personal preference. If you want some good example builds I'd recommend looking at the most used mons on Smogen with the most common nature in gen 5 or 6 and thats alot of the builds I see frequently. Just find a mon that you feel fits how you wanna play and build from there, thats what I did at least.

Edited by Hagene

Having recently got into pokemon PVP for the first time in many many many years It has been a learning experience due to combination of gen5 pokes, some gen6 movesets, some gen 9? and as you said, a deficit of information available.

I found some pokepaste's within these forums and some were good, others not so much, a key learning source for me has been AFC Adinho's youtube channel, observing his team, move coverage and commentary.

Moving on from this, I started with a rain team and just went into OU until i won my first Pokemon from rewards, doing this i got an idea of general team comps, play styles, meta mon etc.

Utilizing smogon on both B/W and S/S, along with Marriland and ingame to see commonly paired pokemon, I selected my preferred pokemon to use, built some theoretical teams using smogon/ingame and checked the coverage with marriland, I then rebuilt these teams on showdown and had a few test fights with my son to see if i liked them at which point I've started building them.

I know this isn't much help but it's just have I've managed to get established

6 hours ago, CloudxXx said:

Hello fellow trainers,i want to point out something that seems a little bit strange to me.For the past week i am trying to learn about pvp,build my team in the best way possible in order to learn the game/meta and be competitive(Dont want to brag but i am used on playing high tier when it comes to card games and turn based rpgs,i can learn metas and mechanics really fast).But with pokemmo its the first time in many years of playing games that i cant seem to find much info online on how to build the team i want and what to use.What seems to me even more strange is the fact that i have done one post here at the forums and two more at reddit looking for answers and all i got was 3 answers combined on all 3 of my posts.So i want to ask:are high tier players "gatekeeping" their tier by not sharing much info on their builds or something?Am i missing something?,Any site/forums where i can find builds and stuff like that?(except smogon,because i am still new and dont know what to use from there /what is nerfed etc.

It's just because not a lot of competent people are playing this metagame, PokeMMO isn't a game as huge as Hearthstone or Smogon OUs, but you can go ask people directly or try to understand Pokemon as a whole looking at Smogon and learn this way.

People are not holding informations for advantage, it's moreso that there's not a lot of places to give them 

8 hours ago, Zokuru said:

8 hours ago, Zokuru said:

It's just because not a lot of competent people are playing this metagame, PokeMMO isn't a game as huge as Hearthstone or Smogon OUs, but you can go ask people directly or try to understand Pokemon as a whole looking at Smogon and learn this way.

People are not holding informations for advantage, it's moreso that there's not a lot of places to give them 

First of all this. 

Than many people don't use the forums alot or at all. 

Another problem is that many people just want others to build a team around 1 Pokemon they like with out putting any effort or thoughts in it on their own. Many pvp player just won't respond to such posts. I'm not sure about reddit, I have no idea who uses it. Pokemmo reddit often feels like a patrouski circle jerk with new players asking the same 5 questions. I for my self just stopped using the board. 

Another big point is that PokeMMO metagame is wastly different from any other metagame thst cartridge Pokémon has. 

Consider joining a PvP oriented team ingame and use the teamchat and their discord server for communication. There are pvp related discords for Pokemmo PvP and different tiers aswell. 

PvP teams that might recruit right now are for example Läva and Vow.

Edited by CaptnBaklava
5 minutes ago, CloudxXx said:

This is a pokemmo feature,i was talking about the community not the game.Anyway the most helpful place i have found so far is Pokemmo Discord.The guys there are very helpful.

As someone that tried to help people there, that place is beyond terrible, join colosseum discord, its community ran and has people that at least play the game, I dont have the link on me rn but should be somewhere on the competitive section.

3 hours ago, razimove said:

As someone that tried to help people there, that place is beyond terrible, join colosseum discord, its community ran and has people that at least play the game, I dont have the link on me rn but should be somewhere on the competitive section.

Why do you say that mate?They have been more than helpful so far

Edited by CloudxXx
2 hours ago, CloudxXx said:

Why do you say that mate?They have been more than helpful so far

The community there is pretty much just there to troll you, you are getting coached by people that cant even stay above 500 elo, yes it might seem helpful but all they will do is make you waste your resources for nothing, also the pinned link I left there is probably a bit outdated at this point so cant even make much use of stuff from there, unsure if they are keeping it updated.

There are proper discords and tools for you to learn properly with elsewhere (here/on colosseum/on competitive teams)