Why do WE love PokeMMO?

Why do you think PokeMMO has such an amazing community? 

In my opinion, PokeMMO has something a lot of other games don't: A world that feels full of people, but at the same time, all connected. You can make friends by just spamming left and right next to someone or even having a cool outfit or name, and many other things that just makes the game feel alive! 

The Johto launch has proved to me more than anything else that the developers and the community, (memes about Johto release being late aside) really care about the game and love what they are doing, be it competitive battling, moneymaking, shiny hunting, or anything that Pokemmo has to offer. I love joining the game and seeing so many people of so many different countries and cultures together doing what they like and being hyped about the release. 

Thank you. Players, developers, everyone. This community is amazing and i love being a part of it. 

What do YOU think makes pokemmo a great game? Why do you keep playing it after all this time? I would love to hear your opinion!

image0.gif

I dont know about the community since I feel like im still kind of new- but this game does have a lot of amazing things going for it 

Breeding for example - its amazing how admins set this up, its probably the most fair and balanced way to implement breeding in an mmo, It's very clear that a lot of thought went into this 

General story also feels very fun and balanced, its only just challenging enough, but not so challenging that it annoys you 

This coming from a guy who played PRO for a few months, I only played it because I love pokemon but I never realized how dogshit that game was, its so much more p2w, leveling is unnecessarily complicated, getting pvp setups is annoying asf 

Overall I do rate pokemmo 9/10  

1 hour ago, AtomBombBaby said:

Why do you think PokeMMO has such an amazing community? 

In my opinion, PokeMMO has something a lot of other games don't: A world that feels full of people, but at the same time, all connected. You can make friends by just spamming left and right next to someone or even having a cool outfit or name, and many other things that just makes the game feel alive! 

The Johto launch has proved to me more than anything else that the developers and the community, (memes about Johto release being late aside) really care about the game and love what they are doing, be it competitive battling, moneymaking, shiny hunting, or anything that Pokemmo has to offer. I love joining the game and seeing so many people of so many different countries and cultures together doing what they like and being hyped about the release. 

Thank you. Players, developers, everyone. This community is amazing and i love being a part of it. 

What do YOU think makes pokemmo a great game? Why do you keep playing it after all this time? I would love to hear your opinion!

image0.gif

I have Pros and Cons to this answer, but to get them out of the way I'll start on the negative.
When PokeMMO started, the community was wholesome and supportive of the developers. This never was (and still isn't) a pay-to-play game, and in 2012 that was a big deal, and continues to be. They've worked consistently hard to update PokeMMO and make it better and more balanced and fair amongst other players, while giving you more and more freedom to make your character (both in appearance and in play style) feel truly your own. This was the case for years, but as it's grown in popularity I've seen an unfortunate amount of entitled people rearing their heads and throwing hateful attention toward the Devs and the game itself without any regard to how hard they've worked by donation only to keep it alive for over 10 years.

Now for the good stuff,
The community has it's poisonous wretches, but a majority I see posting in the forums and playing in game are genuinely helpful and encouraging of new and old players alike. If you have a question, you can expect a detailed answer without a jab at your knowledge or language barrier. The threads on hunting Shineys, breeding, etc. are abundant, active and constantly updated by other players themselves, which is immensely helpful. The GMs and other staff are also active and happy to answer questions, and actively engage in regular conversations and joke around with everyone else as they always have both in-game and in-forum as well, so there never feels like there's a heirarchial barrier between Player and Staff. We all love Pokemon, and that love is what has made the game what it is. The community continues to prove that.

Both of the above is what makes PokeMMO a great game to play, and why I've kept coming back to it over the last 11 years. I'll go on my Hiatus' when life stuff happens, as I'm sure many of us do. I've grown a lot as a person over this time. I've loved and lost, moved, learned, grown, engaged in new interests and changed my life. A lot of changes have happened, but there's been only one constant in all of those years; and that's PokeMMO.
This has been my home and always will be, even long after it ceases to exist.

I can't be anything but stunningly bewildered and inspired by the tenacity the Dev's and the Community have had since it launched.
I just hope these bad eggs learn to go with our flow and don't ruin it for everyone down the road.
However, at the pace we've been going, I don't see that happening any time soon.

One of the things I like about PokeMMO, like alot of mmos, is meeting people from all around the world. The friends made along the way to shunt and chill with are always treasured.  Its also pretty amazing in general that the games I played as a kid was made into an online mmorpg, something I never thought i'd see. This game is truly special.