New Pay Day Spot in Johto!

Welp! I found my New Pay Day Spot in Johto & that will be in Outside of Mt. Silver (Front of PC)

Requirement of using Pay Day:

Adamant Nature

255 Attack & Speed EVs

31 Attack & Speed IVs

Choice Band Held Item

Persian (Not Meowth)

Technician Ability

The Reason why is because my Meowth cannot Beat Higher Pokémons & that's why it's time for me to Evolve it!

Avoid Donphan,Graveler & Tangela! The Reason why is 1st! Graveler is Rock Type & Cannot Affect 1 Hit KO on Pay Day. Finally, Donphan & Tangela are Quite Tank as Many HP & Higher Defense also. That's why these Tanks cannot 1 Hit KO on Pay Day!

That's all of my Pay Day Spot! What else of New Pay Day Spot in Johto will be at, beside of Mt. Silver?

14 hours ago, IIZapperII said:

In that same place you can find poliwhirl in the water, you can only find that pokemon there, it has the same levels as the Pokémon that you can find in the grass,It is easier to defeat but you will still need an evolved Pokémon to do 1 Hit KO.

fearow is a good pokemon for that spot
with keen eye only high level poliwhirl will spawn

imagen_2023-08-22_001906482.png

imagen_2023-08-22_001934638.png

Edited by Zergy09
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, TSMSquirtles said:

@Zergy09 does Fearow work for that Spot? I have a 295 Attack Munchlax and a Fearow 1x31 attack adamant and EVs is only 10 attack higher? even with a choice band pay day doesnt even do 60% health on the munchlax i cant imagine the fearow kills ?

it doesn't work 100% of the time, if the polywhirl have at least 25hp and 25def + def nature it will survive with a low chance

image.thumb.png.e918289ffdbedb64f437a2f522e4f31f.png

the above calculation was made vs a perfect ivs + nat level 65 poliwhirl

On 8/21/2023 at 2:53 PM, TohnR said:

If you can't onehit all wild pokemon that spawn it's not a good payday spot. There you go

This is absolutely not true. I've been using Munchlax to payday at Mt. Silver outside grass, and sure, you don't OHKO, sometimes you get outsped, and you have to heal somewhat frequently, but it is by FAR the best payday spot in the game. You make 12k ish every 10 minutes, plus all the items you get from both Pickup AND trainer pickup, listed here:

image.thumb.png.1d98401c7552a987b5b87500de16c79d.png

Not to mention the fact that Snorlax spawns when you're using lures, so you can swap to a thief/covet mon and fish for some Leftovers while at it. Rainbow Quills seem to share the same % all across Johto, around 5%, and Mt. Silver is not the exception. The sample size is sadly still a bit low, I need to payday more there than in other spots, but I can assure you it is indeed a very good payday spot because of the PC proximity + level 66 mons using lures.

6 hours ago, Doctor said:

You make 12k ish every 10 minutes

The point of Pay Day farming is to XP mons right ? Otherwise that amount is absolutely not worth it and a complete waste of time.

72k an hour is very very low, you want to get other benefits from it. Actually that amount makes me wonder if pay day farming is relevant at all :'D 

Edited by TohnR
2 hours ago, TohnR said:

The point of Pay Day farming is to XP mons right ? Otherwise that amount is absolutely not worth it and a complete waste of time.

72k an hour is very very low, you want to get other benefits from it. Actually that amount makes me wonder if pay day farming is relevant at all :'D 

Uh... No? Not at all, the point of Pay Day farming is to hit wild mons with Pay Day while leading with a Pickup mon so you get both the money from the wild encounter and the Pickup loot, 72k an hour is literally the highest you can make with Pay Day and the loot at Mt. Silver combining the Rainbow Quills, the Love Balls, and the possible Leftovers from Snorlax is also one of the best loot tables that there are out there. What did you think people were doing at Undella? Level up mons one wild encounter at a time? No, they're spamming Pay Day to grab cash, trigger Pickup and use Covet on the wild Luvdiscs/Shellders to get valuable items plus the money from Pay Day itself. Same goes for Berry Forest, Dragonspiral Tower, routes 47 and 48 in Johto, etc.

3 hours ago, Doctor said:

Uh... No? Not at all, the point of Pay Day farming is to hit wild mons with Pay Day while leading with a Pickup mon so you get both the money from the wild encounter and the Pickup loot, 72k an hour is literally the highest you can make with Pay Day and the loot at Mt. Silver combining the Rainbow Quills, the Love Balls, and the possible Leftovers from Snorlax is also one of the best loot tables that there are out there. What did you think people were doing at Undella? Level up mons one wild encounter at a time? No, they're spamming Pay Day to grab cash, trigger Pickup and use Covet on the wild Luvdiscs/Shellders to get valuable items plus the money from Pay Day itself. Same goes for Berry Forest, Dragonspiral Tower, routes 47 and 48 in Johto, etc.

I assumed you were factoring your average pickup loot value in your yen/hour as you should. My bad. Less than 120k for any activity even PVP is very low

I was legit wondering why would people do that but now I sort of understand what you're saying about Mt. Silver. 
If you add your average pickup loot value to the count, it should be way above that

Edited by TohnR
18 hours ago, Doctor said:

This is absolutely not true. I've been using Munchlax to payday at Mt. Silver outside grass,

Thankyou very muchly doc, wasnt aware just how bad ass that spot is. Awesome effort on the chart too lol

5 hours ago, TohnR said:

I was legit wondering why would people do that but now I sort of understand what you're saying about Mt. Silver.

Another key factor to payday hunting is simply getting paid to shiny hunt something. As an example, i shiny hunted staryu on route 13 unova surfing in the water. I thiefed lucky eggs from pelipper and staryus that survive a payday also get a thief for some stardust. Pickup loot isnt the greatest but its steady money while you shiny hunt. I collected around 4 mill, a shiny wingull and a shiny staryu. Win win win