[GUI] (PC) Heartgold Soulsilver Inspired Theme.

Hey there, it's a bit late for the start of Johto, but I wanted to share the HGSS-inspired theme I made with everyone. Everything is adapted to keep a faithful feel while still looking clean in the PokeMMO format. There might be some funky texture glitches somewhere I missed, but from what I can tell, all seems in working order.

Classic Edition Download:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15J0eRxT0gLHilDxkS0z9plo03eQl233u?usp=sharing

Dark Edition Download:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UWCRSaDNatV67q5webDV2YrAiZWrJKnA?usp=sharing

Instructions:

1. Download your preferred version from its link
  2. Drop the zip into your PokeMMO>data>themes folder
  3. Right-click and click "Extract Here"
  4. Delete the zip folder
  5. Select the theme in the settings
  6. Reload the game and enjoy!

Here are some notable examples of the theme in action. Note that these images are compressed to fit as many as possible and will appear at a higher quality in the game! 😄

Battle (same in both)

Spoiler

image.png.3001dc90dff3cb62a0895b03b52af743.pngimage.png.62aa4cf903fa11e9ef24d12d83e08a6e.png

Classic Edition

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.37399d63a5816b4da7c74e081a592c6a.pngimage.thumb.png.742b0f9e2c63e9ee8029d7d44b184666.pngimage.thumb.png.99f3f32b3b8de84045b70ba965bad1e4.pngimage.thumb.png.eae85ce9e945c71b0a4f0ed2ff6c08ea.png

Dark Edition

Spoiler
Spoiler

image.thumb.png.93763a672b11ed7d9b14f778cb4a696a.pngimage.thumb.png.35da9c76d632b49ca4032a99e64d9cbf.pngimage.thumb.png.91fcc43756c3265be01a5b579aee14d2.pngimage.thumb.png.366d79b068ddf4997af80459bcb6b21b.png

HGSS Alternate Text Bubbles Download:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HncxQjG0TmSH9duB_GuszF4h9enVChz7?usp=sharing

Instructions:

1. Download the style you want from the folder
  2. Rename the style you want to use to just "text-bubble" (remove the number)
  3. Drop the .png file into your PokeMMO>data>themes>HGSS - Zionox>res folder
  4. Select the theme in the settings
  5. Reload the game and enjoy your new text bubbles!

Bubble Styles

Spoiler

text-bubble1.png.958fee5133fd76272a422e9300596ba1.pngtext-bubble2.png.80bb7d378c5aeb2d9ab2f89396c6ceb9.pngtext-bubble3.png.b1e46285afd5b1d640eb312c8af9f9d5.pngtext-bubble4.png.bf8f8d8f6aa9ddf461adeeca0a462463.pngtext-bubble5.png.c30e6650005255414269b2dd3c187f89.pngtext-bubble6.png.bb89b9a01ca7d53339a9af5d207fecb4.pngtext-bubble7.png.295d4ef66bb470f013155d17cf05477f.pngtext-bubble8.png.54e3f4ac8d3b029f91bd3d1e0d0b5750.pngtext-bubble9.png.fe1e4063f5954a14e8e5434dee1fef84.pngtext-bubble10.png.5a49516c7668745573614c47e17766b7.pngtext-bubble11.png.cb1e29d1cbe32bbbd6450caea6213982.png

Suggested icon pack for all my themes:

Edited by Zionox
Added alternate chat bubble options!
7 hours ago, raulitop said:

It is nice!

but you should change that green background.

On the commerce you can't see the 31 stats very well, also with EO pokedex... black is still better.

I second this!

The theme is great, but there is too much green, specially in box, GTL and menus.

The gray or white from summary would be a good replacement, or you could make a dark version, close to default theme.

5 hours ago, Arkemenes said:

I second this!

The theme is great, but there is too much green, specially in box, GTL and menus.

The gray or white from summary would be a good replacement, or you could make a dark version, close to default theme.

Alright, the dark edition is done. I just swapped the greens out for a very dark silver to keep in the theme. Also, I darkened the borders to make them not clash with the new shade. I hope you guys like it!

Edited by Zionox
39 minutes ago, AdamantSceptile said:
4 hours ago, Zionox said:

Dark Edition Changes:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.496e8bca2ae29fa15c3a0935c0142804.pngimage.thumb.png.159dc8bbaf8f3baf02768685c06ad9e2.pngimage.thumb.png.ce4d03b3f2093b8e9e1c03dbc0c27249.pngimage.thumb.png.8fab457c953d8bf564891f87a60eb8fb.pngimage.thumb.png.fc4d7968c85094bf5c98b6292ed493a0.png

Tried the default version yesterday and it was kinda flashbanging, this is honestly a huge upgrade.

Glad you like it!

Hi! This looks very clean and has been working great so far. I did notice something off though so I thought I'd let you know, when summoning hordes the HP bar doesn't fill up completely even though the horde is at 100% health. The HP bar of my own mons is working fine. This is in the Dark version btw.

Very nice theme, good job!

image.png.3ffabd29418075ead2fcc5d8d4fd4138.png

I loved the new dark theme!

The flashy green was stepping me away, but now it will be my default theme! :)

There are only one details (they are very minor, but I think that changing the colors may fit better, but those are my personal optinion, feel free to not do them if you disagree)

On GTL, i don't know if the red color fit that good

Spoiler

image.png.3ba30b9fcaba1363d505817a7d04a58b.png

But again, those it's my personal opinion.

Those and the life bar in hordes are the only changes that I wold do so far

11 hours ago, CrookedEyes said:

Hi! This looks very clean and has been working great so far. I did notice something off though so I thought I'd let you know, when summoning hordes the HP bar doesn't fill up completely even though the horde is at 100% health. The HP bar of my own mons is working fine. This is in the Dark version btw.

And this is by far my favorite theme now, I really loved it, thanks!

Edited by Arkemenes
I realized that green bacground on dex is that I caught it
6 hours ago, Arkemenes said:

I loved the new dark theme!

The flashy green was stepping me away, but now it will be my default theme! 🙂

There are only one details (they are very minor, but I think that changing the colors may fit better, but those are my personal optinion, feel free to not do them if you disagree)

On GTL, i don't know if the red color fit that good

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.3ba30b9fcaba1363d505817a7d04a58b.png

But again, those it's my personal opinion.

Those and the life bar in hordes are the only changes that I wold do so far

And this is by far my favorite theme now, I really loved it, thanks!

Hordes are fixed, and the flashiness of the green has also been toned down now. I decided to keep the red since it uses the same box as the fainted party member, and also, it's only red on buttons that can't currently be clicked. When something is ready to claim, for example, it will turn to dark grey. I tried swapping the red for light grey, but unfortunately, the text wasn't visible. It's awesome to hear you're using the theme though!

Edited by Zionox
15 hours ago, CrookedEyes said:

Thanks for the report! They are fixed up and looking better now!

Hello, I am wondering if you could teach me on the code wise for making these kind of themes. I tried combining for testing the battle ui with another theme I had, and went on to check the differences on notepad++ to see how to change the colors when selecting a mon for example. Could you please explain me how to do so? Not intending to modify any of your work, I really like it, I just want to have the knowledge to make one of my own. Sorry for bothering and thank you for making such an amazing theme.

16 hours ago, Bisen said:

Hello, I am wondering if you could teach me on the code wise for making these kind of themes. I tried combining for testing the battle ui with another theme I had, and went on to check the differences on notepad++ to see how to change the colors when selecting a mon for example. Could you please explain me how to do so? Not intending to modify any of your work, I really like it, I just want to have the knowledge to make one of my own. Sorry for bothering and thank you for making such an amazing theme.

Glad you like it! This is actually the first theme I've ever made that I modified the code for (and my first thoroughly done theme in general), so I'm still getting the gist of it myself. I didn't touch any of the code for in battle, and everything there is done purely from a texturing side, so I only really know how to help in that regard. There are four different boxes for switching Pokemon in the battle-hud file. (example from the BW theme I'm finishing up rn)

image.png.57e4a17fa3e54f469d6724316673145a.png

So, if you want to change the colors for selecting a mon, I'd say the simplest bet is to just edit it directly in the image. Thankfully, unlike most of PokeMMO's elements, the battle UI is rather contained to this one PNG and a bit of the main-hud. Sorry I can't help too much on the code side of things, but in general, in most places, there will be a line that reads something along the lines of "<param name=""><image>image-name</image></param>" most everything I changed was nearly replacing the "image-name" with a predefined graphic from a different UI elements same string. This is how, on the outside of battle party bars, I have the red button texture being used instead of PokeMMO's default purple square which looks a bit funky. Good luck with your own theme, and feel free to use anything from my themes as a base so long as you credit me! 😄

On 8/25/2023 at 4:14 PM, Zionox said:

Glad you like it! This is actually the first theme I've ever made that I modified the code for (and my first thoroughly done theme in general), so I'm still getting the gist of it myself. I didn't touch any of the code for in battle, and everything there is done purely from a texturing side, so I only really know how to help in that regard. There are four different boxes for switching Pokemon in the battle-hud file. (example from the BW theme I'm finishing up rn)

image.png.57e4a17fa3e54f469d6724316673145a.png

So, if you want to change the colors for selecting a mon, I'd say the simplest bet is to just edit it directly in the image. Thankfully, unlike most of PokeMMO's elements, the battle UI is rather contained to this one PNG and a bit of the main-hud. Sorry I can't help too much on the code side of things, but in general, in most places, there will be a line that reads something along the lines of "<param name=""><image>image-name</image></param>" most everything I changed was nearly replacing the "image-name" with a predefined graphic from a different UI elements same string. This is how, on the outside of battle party bars, I have the red button texture being used instead of PokeMMO's default purple square which looks a bit funky. Good luck with your own theme, and feel free to use anything from my themes as a base so long as you credit me! 😄

Oh yeah, thanks for the help. Yeah I was wondering the code side of the red on party bar aswell, it looks nice but could not figure out how to do it. Thanks for that! And another thing, if somehow you figure out how to move the hp bars or name of mons to another position while on battle, could you please tell me?

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Dunno if it's something on my end, but while using these themes (haven't tested B/W or FRLG ones yet) the advanced search on GTL just shows a blank screen. It's not really game-breaking honestly, just kinda annoying to swap themes just to use the search filters. Still, awesome work on these, I'm loving them so far.image.thumb.png.9b0eb59d6db835bfc537c39c3a55f4a1.png

Edited by IronDC4
2 hours ago, IronDC4 said:

Dunno if it's something on my end, but while using these themes (haven't tested B/W or FRLG ones yet) the advanced search on GTL just shows a blank screen. It's not really game-breaking honestly, just kinda annoying to swap themes just to use the search filters. Still, awesome work on these, I'm loving them so far.image.thumb.png.9b0eb59d6db835bfc537c39c3a55f4a1.png

u can fix that copy the "default" theme broker.xml file inside "ui" and copy it into this theme same folder, but advice this is only a fix for the GTL there are a few other event related things that could not appear, if u want a complete update, just copy all the xml files from the default into this theme, or wait to the author to give propper update, good luck

1 minute ago, budadeth said:

u can fix that copy the "default" theme broker.xml file inside "ui" and copy it into this theme same folder, but advice this is only a fix for the GTL there are a few other event related things that could not appear, if u want a complete update, just copy all the xml files from the default into this theme, or wait to the author to give propper update, good luck

Worked great, thanks for the tip. 

On 11/6/2023 at 7:29 PM, IronDC4 said:

Hey, yeah, it should be fixed here and on every other one of my themes now.