Egg incubator for mass egg hatching

Lorewaifu

Question

this is a summary of one of my suggestions from a previous post , I wanted to have it on its own individual post, better formated and a bit more polished:

the worst part of egg hunting isn't the hundreds of millions spent, nor the hours making those eggs, the worst part is being afk for hours hatching eggs, slowing down the process immensely for no reason and punishing players who don't have multiple devices that would like to use their playtime for something more interactive than sitting in front of the PC and changing the eggs every few minutes for hours

I have a solution for that, with 2 possible implementations:

1. more complicated and resource "intensive"

- There would be a machine right next to the PC in the basement of the Mt silver pokemon center

-works while offline

-1 box of initial capacity, can be expanded via RP

-60 minutes of hatching time per box, 1 minute per egg

-500-1500 pokeyen fee to use the machine depending on the egg amount

-once activated, the machine cannot be accessed until all eggs are hatched or the power runs out

-items can be placed inside the machine that will boost it's capacities

•power boosting items: items like a light ball could be used to increase the machine's energy aka how many eggs it can hatch per use, by default it's 60

•Time boosting items: items like charcoal, fire gems etc could be used to reduce the hatching time by a certain percentage, capping at 1s per egg, item % boost add, ie: I put x10 charcoal in the machine, each ones gives a 10% boost to reach the 1s cap they last x amount of uses

pokemon with hatching time accelerating abilties could be used too, they would get consumed and their boost could be based out off their level/species

unique items for this machine could be made if the concern for the other item's economy is too big

-full boxes of eggs can be moved directly to the machine easily, once the eggs hatch the pokemon can be moved to the pc in full boxes at a time too, the machine can't be used again until it's emptied of hatched pokemon

2. the easy way

-There would be a machine in Mt silver's PC

-works offline

-can hold an unlimited amount of eggs

-1 minute per egg

-requieres a minimum of 5 eggs to work

-none or minimum fee per egg/use

-could cost RP to unlock

if there are any concerns about losing the "OMG OMG OMG" moment of seeing the shiny hatch then the machine could spit out a message that goes like "this pokemon is extremely shy and doesn't want to come out of its egg, maybe if a pure soul trainer like you holds it, it will come out"

secret third option: just let the eggs hatch inside PC boxes

:3

7 answers to this question

6 hours ago, WangJinZhu said:

that part is what i want them to do

same

but the suggestion has been around for YEARS so there is a good reason to not do it, be it for the economy or keeping super rares super rares (I disagree cuz they still be super rare and the real cap on egg hunts should be money and not hatching time afking in front of the pc but oh well) or any other reason

that's why I suggest something more resource intensive for the player so it isn't free and it's a hit on the hunt making it less tedious but at a cost

and the other one if they don't want to make it any faster but still freeing the players to do other stuff or just not needing to have the game open for hours swapping eggs, which heavily affects those who don't have a secondary device

Your idea has great potential, but also flaws.

I don't think it could be accepted by dev.

You had overcomplicated it by adding details, but in the end it becomes a pay to winhatch.

This is never a balanced solution in mmo.

You have to make sure that the original method remains the best, other than free.
So the new way is just an alternative, a plus, it wouldn't impact the game really much.

Think the daycare for levelling up, or pokejobs for Ev (Swsh), they’re slow and expensive.

It’s just better go in the wild and fight pokemon.

Tho it’s still a possibility for a casual(lazy) player / breeder when they're offline.

What I’m thinking it’s something like the developer make you able to deposit an Egg in day care.

They don’t level up, but slowly decrease the cicle to hatch.

Slowly means really more time than going around with the egg in party.

Let’s say 4x.

It means you have to wait around 20 min to have your egg ready to hatch from daycare.

And you have to pay.

Let’s say 100 pokeyen for every cycle reduced + 1000 to withdraw.

It’s 3000 for an average twenty-cicle egg.

It’s totally not worth it!

But here come you idea for incubator.

After you beat E4 for a region, you can now give to the daycare woman 3 eggs at the same time.

This is visualized as an incubator-box with 3 slot.

The daycare DOESN’T make them hatch simultaneously like in you idea.

Starts with egg in the first slot. After it is ready to hatch, they move to the second slot, and then the third.

It’s a chain.

You can pick up the first ready egg after 20 min, or come back to daycare after an hour and pick up all them.

After completing another region, you unlock other 3 slot in incubator slot... so on…

Veteran players ‘d have like 15 slot open.

It’s start to become useful, as you can store 15 Eggs and go offline and have them ready after 5 hours.

Then developers could let you buy Incubator slot expansion with BP, including a little increase % speeding up the process. (But it would never become as fast as the usual way).

But remember you have to pay to retrieve your poke.

What comes in handy, it’s you can have access to incubator box from any PC in pokemon center.

When the egg is ready to hatch you can visualize it as pokemon in the box, see if it’s shiny, IV etc.

You always knows what’s going on.

You have the choice to withdraw the egg paying the whole bill, or decide to leave the egg to daycare, so they gave you a little amount of your money back.

Like you still pay for the cicles, but only 500 instead of 1000.

This simplify the process of releasing the unwanted pokemon.

I think this's a resonable way Dev 'd implement it.

They could adjust it with the players and economy's feedback. Make it slower, faster, cheaper, you have to go to daycare to withdraw the egg, or just do everything in PC....

Edited by Proteus84
2 hours ago, Proteus84 said:

You had overcomplicated it by adding details, but in the end it becomes a pay to winhatch.

This is never a balanced solution in mmo.

yes cuz I got excited, in the end it's just a rough idea of what can be done

and yes! that's the point, trading the afk time for money grinding, egg hunting is all about money in the end and this is an MMO, it would be balanced with its cost and adjusting the time difference to just having them in the party if they implement a (positive) time difference at all

You have to make sure that the original method remains the best, other than free.
So the new way is just an alternative, a plus, it wouldn't impact the game really much.

then what would be the point of adding it?

it's purpose is to impact the game a lot for the subset of players that egg hunt, in a very positive way, the second and third options I proposed in the post boil down to "egg hatching while offline vewwy pls🥺🥺" if there's any concern of people getting egg shinies faster cuz they have more money (already the case lol)

Think the daycare for levelling up

the daycare is bad cuz level up services are better, which is a thing unique to it's MMO nature

The daycare DOESN’T make them hatch simultaneously like in you idea.

Starts with egg in the first slot. After it is ready to hatch, they move to the second slot, and then the third.

It’s a chain.

it would do the same with my idea! probably didn't make it clear enough x_x

It’s start to become useful, as you can store 15 Eggs and go offline and have them ready after 5 hours.

it isn't useful when you can hatch the same amount of eggs in around 11 mins with dono and a flame body(and other abilities) Mon

it's pretty much useless, it wouldn't make sense to introduce a feature that no one would use, the cost is too big and it only has downsides

Then developers could let you buy Incubator slot expansion with BP, including a little increase % speeding up the process. (But it would never become as fast as the usual way).

why bp? way messier than RP imo

and unless it could get to the speed of holding them in party without any boost and could hold hundreds of them it still wouldn't be used at all, the price extremely high for not too much reward

They could adjust it with the players and economy's feedback. Make it slower, faster, cheaper, you have to go to daycare to withdraw the egg, or just do everything in PC...

it would need to be way cheaper and way bigger in capacity for it to be worth it imo

On 9/1/2023 at 5:26 PM, Lorewaifu said:

yes cuz I got excited, in the end it's just a rough idea of what can be done

and yes! that's the point, trading the afk time for money grinding, egg hunting is all about money in the end and this is an MMO, it would be balanced with its cost and adjusting the time difference to just having them in the party if they implement a (positive) time difference at all

I mean, I really like the whole idea of a machine you have to activate with lightball, etc 😄 it's genius for a side quest for this game.

Maybe not for a feature meant to simplify the life for player.

I was just trying to keep it low, soit' won't affect the economy too much all in a sudden.

Let's see if there's an interest by developer in any kind of incubator.