Question

We currently have many types of pokemon gifts, including:

1- Starters

2- Pokemon given by NPCs

3- Pokemons Traded with NPCs

4- PvP tournament prizes

5- Capture event prizes

6- PvP reward

The main difference between gift pokemon and normal ones is that they are non-tradeable and cannot be bred. From this we know that there is no way to change the IV and nature of these pokemon.

With the release of new pokemon such as Shaymin and the Legendary Beasts, items were added that change IV and nature (herb of nature, gracidea, rainbow quill),

My suggestion is that an item that changes the IV of Gift pokemons be added and that the nature herb works on them too.

In the original games we have an item that already plays a role similar to this, they are the Bottle Cap. For copyright reasons (as the name of the Assault Vest item was changed to Assault Gear) I made these sprites using the bottle cap and vitamin (item that boosts ev and pp) as inspiration:
IVUP.png.15dc92e9df2c0a28d9cbda509a777071.pngIV UP  / IVMAX.png.b064f6f57c08784e931fa9645314e067.pngIV MAX

IVUP2.png.6a79a7c214f0ed6f165279df97adf54a.png      IVMAX2.png.d8bccb9ef77a5badd097d0adc9b952f1.png

So that these items are not so unbalanced, IV UP would increase or decrease one of the IVs by one point, IV MAX would let the user choose a value between 0-31 of an IV.
These items could be obtained as pvp rewards, purchased from NPCs for a fair price or as prizes from Events or Tournaments.

With the addition of these items to various pokemons for pvp rewards or catch events, even the starters will have more viability and be used more. Many Tournaments and Events give out shiny Pokemon as prizes, making them more viable will be a good choice.

7 answers to this question

Hello, I agree with your suggestion. In addition to that, it would be of great help if these rewards were only obtainable for the NU //UU and double tiers, giving them more relevance, since currently OU and random do not allow players to be interested in the other tiers.

I would like to know what the developers and players think about your idea.

I'm sorry for my bad English.

On 9/22/2023 at 9:56 PM, HigorHD84 said:

We currently have many types of pokemon gifts, including:

1- Starters

2- Pokemon given by NPCs

3- Pokemons Traded with NPCs

4- PvP tournament prizes

5- Capture event prizes

6- PvP reward

The main difference between gift pokemon and normal ones is that they are non-tradeable and cannot be bred. From this we know that there is no way to change the IV and nature of these pokemon.

With the release of new pokemon such as Shaymin and the Legendary Beasts, items were added that change IV and nature (herb of nature, gracidea, rainbow quill),

My suggestion is that an item that changes the IV of Gift pokemons be added and that the nature herb works on them too.

In the original games we have an item that already plays a role similar to this, they are the Bottle Cap. For copyright reasons (as the name of the Assault Vest item was changed to Assault Gear) I made these sprites using the bottle cap and vitamin (item that boosts ev and pp) as inspiration:
IVUP.png.15dc92e9df2c0a28d9cbda509a777071.pngIV UP  / IVMAX.png.b064f6f57c08784e931fa9645314e067.pngIV MAX

IVUP2.png.6a79a7c214f0ed6f165279df97adf54a.png      IVMAX2.png.d8bccb9ef77a5badd097d0adc9b952f1.png

So that these items are not so unbalanced, IV UP would increase or decrease one of the IVs by one point, IV MAX would let the user choose a value between 0-31 of an IV.
These items could be obtained as pvp rewards, purchased from NPCs for a fair price or as prizes from Events or Tournaments.

With the addition of these items to various pokemons for pvp rewards or catch events, even the starters will have more viability and be used more. Many Tournaments and Events give out shiny Pokemon as prizes, making them more viable will be a good choice.

+1 I like your idea.

Spoiler

People have been asking for this for years and it still hasn't happened. I assume the reasons why it hasn't happened is because those gift pokemon were probably meant:

- as trophies in the case of event rewards. (Pokemmo didnt have traditional trophies before this year so event gift rewards replaced those.) 

- To illustrate game concepts like trade evolutions, everstone mechanics /egg mechanics for gift pokemon given by NPCs

- To give you easier early access to mons during the story run.

- To force you to catch your own starters in the wild.

My point is gift pokemon probably weren't meant to be viable to the point where they would eliminate the need to catch and breed a new pokemon. 

For most event rewards you can already choose the nature and ivs to an extent. I understand these events have varying levels of difficulty so it would be better to reserve the 6x31 iv choice for the most difficult events rather than introducing new items.

Would maybe break the Meta much, if these ones are Cheap (Dont forget affect on Shiny Pokes). These ones would need a pretty high Price Point then, so maybe RP Item or something, i would also NOT like another specific Spcies Use Item tho.

On 10/12/2023 at 6:07 AM, McTermi said:

Would maybe break the Meta much, if these ones are Cheap (Dont forget affect on Shiny Pokes). These ones would need a pretty high Price Point then, so maybe RP Item or something, i would also NOT like another specific Spcies Use Item tho.

They could do the same they've done to the Shiniess interaction with the Prismatic Pearls: Require more per use. 

On 10/13/2023 at 1:26 PM, caioxlive13 said:

They could do the same they've done to the Shiniess interaction with the Prismatic Pearls: Require more per use. 

Coming back to this suggestion:

They could modify the Nature Herbs and those Bottle Caps to us be able to use it on Legendarys, Mythicals and Gift-ribbons mons.

So, we could use them to modify some mons we get on storyline and actually make comps from them. Like for example, the starters that are boring as f*** to get, Metagross gotten from Steven, etc... Also swap the mons we already have from what the metagaming requires now. For example, swap a 2019 Timid Volca, for a Bold one, that is what our meta requires to have.

Edited by caioxlive13

I think this is a good suggestion, as long as the IV UP/IV MAX are only usable on gifts. Having using your original starter be a straight downgrade from a breed just because it has lower max stats is kind of sad, since that same starter helped you become the trainer you are. My starter becoming pvp viable would be the coolest thing ever.