Long overdue and helpful/simple suggestion - OT & Owned Status of Pokémon

Reckless

Question

Hello Pokéfriends,

This suggestion has been on my mind for a long time and I'm finally taking the time out to post this simple suggestion that will be helpful to the community. 

Instead of the antiquated Pokéball symbol next to a Pokémon's name during an encounter (which really doesn't tell us much), let's replace it with an 'OT Pokéball' or an 'Owned' Pokéball! This is now more viable than ever - especially for those with the SPECTACULAR goal of finally obtaining those very much sought after Ability Patches! 

I hope you find this simple suggestion as useful as I do; so we may just have a shot at getting this coded by our wonderful team here at PokéMMO!

Shout out to the awesome staff that work so hard on this free game! Thank YOU!

Enjoy the game everyone!

-Reckless

Pokemon Suggestion Pokemmo.jpg

Edited by Reckless

4 answers to this question

@drakesstepson

I purposefully chose those color Pokéballs because they match the current interface colors. 

I don't think it's necessary to have a standard colored Pokéball icon at all and having one displayed without owning or having caught a pokemon will most likely make things confusing. Thanks for your input and I'm glad you like the suggestion.

Edited by Reckless

This is a good idea, earlier today I was talking to a friend about this, it would be great to be able to know if the pokemon is owned or OT without having to look at the pokedex in the middle of the battle. Currently, when the pokemon is not owned or OT, a pokeball does not appear in front of the name, and when it is owned or OT, a normal pokeball appears.

It would be cool if it looked like this:

Not captured --> No Pokeball

Owned  --------> Blue Pokeball like pokedex Owned color (or dive ball, great ball)
OT  ----------- -> Green Pokeball like pokedex OT color (or friend ball, nest ball)
Maybe an Alpha ball too
Alpha --> Red Pokeball (Normal Pokeball, Cherish Ball)

Edited by HigorHD84
correct a writing error