What should I be building in preparation for Halloween?

Recently completed the regions, finished OT dex, and assembled a Gym Run team that earns me about 300k during that hour.

With Halloween events likely dropping soon, I'm wondering if there are certain teams/mons I should start to breed in preparation. I've heard things like Wide Guard Aerodactyl, Krookodile, and Chandelure all being good options for what I assume is the Pumpking fight.

But beyond that, in terms of having safe ways to shiny hunt the themed swarms or beat the minibosses or the trainers, what should I be doing to get ready for this?

We don't exactly know what type of mechanics the boss will have right now, but generally having a level 100 modest hydreigon and typhlosion is a good start since those are usually good options in Halloween boss fights and overall good PVE mons for a plethora of battles, so no time/money wasted

When it comes to other mons, we will have to figure it out as the event drops ! 😉 

I think we cannot determine any specific team right now, since we don't know whether the upcoming Halloween event is the same/similar to the previous Halloween event. However, if we look at the teams from the previous events, the most often used Pokemon on the 2021 and 2022 Halloween event are Krookodile with the combination of moxie and earthquake or Hydreigon with a snarl moveset (source: YouTube).

I personally recommend you to prepare any strong dark/ghost type pokemon (Krookodile, Hydreigon, Chandelure, etc) which is super effective against the boss (I belive the pumpking type is ghost). It doesn't have to be perfect IV(s) (for example Krookodile only 31 IV on attack and speed)

About the shiny hunt the themed swarm, I'm sorry I didn't really catch that since shiny hunt are only pure luck. Just be careful if the shiny have self-killing move or can flee (You can look at the Pokedex if the Pokemons has any "risky" move). For the miniboss and the trainers, If I remember correctly they are not really hard, I think you can use any Pokemons for that..

3 hours ago, SphealTeamSix said:

Recently completed the regions, finished OT dex, and assembled a Gym Run team that earns me about 300k during that hour.

Hey there!

I'm glad to hear that you've completed the regions and assembled a profitable Gym Run team. Congratulations on that ^^. And yeah man, our anticipated Halloween is already on the horizon.

I'm wondering if there are certain teams/mons I should start to breed in preparation.

The boss is weak to Dark, Ghost and Ground-type moves, so I usually start with Krookodile to use Earthquake most of the time. I also have Hydreigon and Aerodactyl on my team since they're immune to Earthquake. If I need to switch my monsters, I had equipped an Air Balloon on my Tyranitar to avoid taking damage from Earthquake. Additionally, I keep a Chandelure with Choice Specs as a last-resort option for high-damage output.

But beyond that, in terms of having safe ways to shiny hunt the themed swarms or beat the minibosses or the trainers, what should I be doing to get ready for this?

I thought in some ideas for you to prepare:

1. Medicines and Healing Items: Stock up on essentials like Max Potions, Energy Roots, Full Heals, and Max Revives. They're crucial for staying competitive in battles and may run out when the then starts.

2. Status Healing: Don't forget to carry items like Full Heals and berries (lum berry) that can cure status conditions. These can be a lifesaver to heal from the pumpking's tricks.

3. Poké Balls: On these events you might encounter themed swarms. Be sure to have a variety of Poké Balls ready for capturing those monsters. Sometimes they spawn with a event particle.

4. Repels: Take a look at your inventory of Repels in your bag. Using Repels can help you navigate swarms more efficiently.

5. Event-exclusive Items: Keep an eye out for any event-exclusive items or seasonal alpha monsters. Sometimes, there are limited-time opportunities during these events on gift shop.

6.  Cookies: Keep an eye out for special cookies during the event, which you can find by using the pick-up ability on monsters. These cookies can be invaluable when facing the Pumpking boss challenge, making them crucial depending on the situation. Additionally, you can check the Global Trade Listings (GTL) to acquire these cookies in advance, allowing you to focus on defeating the boss as soon as the event starts.

Remember to check the event's details when it drops, as specific strategies and items might vary. Best of luck with your preparations and let's enjoy the Halloween events in PokeMMO soon!

Edited by MightyMichele
added ghost to the boss weaknesses

Bro...strong Dark/Ghost Guys in generall ^^ moxie wont Hurt you (hunchcrow,crook Like they mentioned...maybe gyra HA with Dark move)

My advice for you...breed 2 Dark/Ghost Guys maybe a Special&phy Guy so you have both ^^

Or keep the shmoney and be rdy for breeding action when event drops

Have a nice day G