Unofficial Formats Club - Project Discussion Thread

I was thinking on some months ago, ever since the Betting club was released, that if the clubs can be used on the way they're being used, for events-related stuff and even for organize formats that never was, or aren't no longer staff responsability, I was wanting to create a Club for the Unofficial Formats, that would take care about formats that are not LC or the Official Formats. 

However, i don't revealed this yet to anyone so i'm lacking support by now, anyone wishes to help and try to make this possible? 

I disclosed this idea first in urCute's event discord, the link can be found on the following thread:

And i wish to found partners to do that and make possible. Like the LC club, the goal is to have a reference when looking for rulesets for those formats.

FAQ:

• Why a club for discussing those things? Why not a thread?

I've already tried a thread but it lacks organization, in a club we can separate things into topics, and use moderator tools to remove off-topic posts. 

• What formats do you think on including?

Untiered(Later can split into RU and PU), Doubles UU, VGC, 1v1, Monotype, Loser's game. 
I'm open for adding more OM if needed. Even not being official, LC and it's related formats will not be in this club. The reason is because LC already has their own club to take care of the format. 

• How the formats will be organized?

By community, like on Smogon. We will have a Tier Council to handle the operations, but majority of things will be decided by community.

Edited by caioxlive13
2 minutes ago, CanadaSorry said:

Project idea- move this confusing post to the suggestion thread where it belongs, and let it die over there instead 

i let there intentionally. The idea is not for be done in-game or by staffs. This is a idea for being done by community. No matter how much we ask, those formats will never be in-game. 

Edited by caioxlive13
  • caioxlive13 changed the title to Unofficial Formats Club - Project Discussion Thread
1 minute ago, CanadaSorry said:

If you want to start a club to talk about stuff, just talk to a moderator. They can make you a club, in the club section. And you can advertise, in the recruitment section. 

I need for 10 members iirc, and the idea there is give a brief overview and ask for help on doing that.
Also, the recruitment is not for those type of clubs, is for teams.

Edited by caioxlive13
On 10/20/2023 at 1:38 PM, CanadaSorry said:

I feel like maybe you should begin with creating a team then

Idk if that's indeed true, maybe he used alts and we don't know, but Gb probablly didn't needed to create teams to create the LC Club and Betting Club. (@gbwead, can you please confirm to me if you needed to do that for both clubs you're leader?) 

On 10/21/2023 at 9:10 PM, caioxlive13 said:

Idk if that's indeed true, maybe he used alts and we don't know, but Gb probablly didn't needed to create teams to create the LC Club and Betting Club. (@gbwead, can you please confirm to me if you needed to do that for both clubs you're leader?) 

he probable had this weird thing called friends beforehand