Refunds for expired and unsold listings! - Rimborso inserzioni scadute e non vendute!

Dear PokeMMO friends, I have a question to ask you, would it ever be possible to get a refund for expired and unsold adverts? And, if it happens, re-insert the same advert without complications, then repaying the same commissions? I asked myself this because when I try to cancel a listing, I get a message "if you cancel the listing, the commissions will not be refunded". So I would like to know if it would be possible!

Carissimi amici di PokeMMO, ho una domanda da chiedervi, sarebbe mai possibile ottenere un rimborso per le inserzioni scadute e non vendute? E, nel caso che succeda reinserire lo stesso annuncio senza complicazioni, ripagando poi le stesse commissioni? Me lo sono chiesto perché quando cerco di annullare un inserzione, mi visualizza un messaggio "se annulli l'inserzione, le commissioni non vengono rimborsate". Quindi vorrei sapere se sarebbe possibile! 

2 hours ago, Doctor said:

Probably not, the main reason those fees are there in the first place is to reduce inflation by removing money from the system, pretty much like any other stuff that demands you to burn money into NPCs like TMs, breeding items, etc etc

Man's got a point here. It is a very good system to regulate the amount of yen going around. 

Well, I was hoping so!  Too bad you can't get refunds after the listing expires!  But even if there were, I would like it to be possible to refund at least 50% of the commissions paid!

Beh, ci speravo proprio! Peccato che non si possa ricevere rimborsi dopo la scadenza dell'inserzione! Ma anche se ci fosse, gradirei che possa essere rimborsato almeno 50% delle commissioni pagate! 

2 hours ago, Goku said:

Man's got a point here. It is a very good system to regulate the amount of yen going around. 

It's more to regulate the amount of yen being printed every day (gym reruns, payday, etc) so it doesn't lose its value, imagine if we could do that IRL to regulate inflation as well :') print and burn money

6 hours ago, KingRhobar said:

[...] when I try to cancel a listing, I get a message "if you cancel the listing, the commissions will not be refunded". [...]

[...]

Hey there! How's it going?

I noticed your query about refunds for expired and unsold adverts on GTL (Global Trade Link). The notification you received when attempting to cancel a listing and the mention of non-refundable commissions is a reminder to pause and reconsider. GTL often sends these messages to encourage users to think twice before cancelling listings too quickly.

The purpose of this notification is to stress the importance of giving your listing more time to potentially attract buyers instead of rushing to cancel it. Unfortunately, across GTL, it's standard practice that commissions are non-refundable, even if your listing doesn't sell or expires.

I understand your concern about re-inserting the same advert after cancelling. As standard, GTL requires users to pay commissions again when re-inserting a listing. This policy aims to ensure fair usage and to prevent rapid price changes or frequent flipping of listings.

The main point of the message is to remind users that commissions are non-refundable and to encourage careful consideration before making a decision to cancel. I hope this helps clarify things for you and I hope that you can sell your listings in there without repay the comissions next time 🙂

Best regards,

MightyMichele

1 hour ago, Doctor said:

It's more to regulate the amount of yen being printed every day (gym reruns, payday, etc) so it doesn't lose its value, imagine if we could do that IRL to regulate inflation as well :') print and burn money

Not like the US owing trillions but still prints more money xD

7 hours ago, MightyMichele said:

Hey there! How's it going?

I noticed your query about refunds for expired and unsold adverts on GTL (Global Trade Link). The notification you received when attempting to cancel a listing and the mention of non-refundable commissions is a reminder to pause and reconsider. GTL often sends these messages to encourage users to think twice before cancelling listings too quickly.

The purpose of this notification is to stress the importance of giving your listing more time to potentially attract buyers instead of rushing to cancel it. Unfortunately, across GTL, it's standard practice that commissions are non-refundable, even if your listing doesn't sell or expires.

I understand your concern about re-inserting the same advert after cancelling. As standard, GTL requires users to pay commissions again when re-inserting a listing. This policy aims to ensure fair usage and to prevent rapid price changes or frequent flipping of listings.

The main point of the message is to remind users that commissions are non-refundable and to encourage careful consideration before making a decision to cancel. I hope this helps clarify things for you and I hope that you can sell your listings in there without repay the comissions next time 🙂

Best regards,

MightyMichele

is there not a limit to how many messages you can ask chatGPT to reword to basically say water is wet michele?

@Doctor Hey mate! Thanks for your thoughts. However, the topic you mentioned might not fit our current discussion. I kindly ask that we avoid discussing that here and refocus on the main topic, which is GTL fees. If you have more relevant information to share about GTL fees, please feel free to contribute! ^^

11 hours ago, KingRhobar said:

Well, I was hoping so!  Too bad you can't get refunds after the listing expires!  But even if there were, I would like it to be possible to refund at least 50% of the commissions paid!

Beh, ci speravo proprio! Peccato che non si possa ricevere rimborsi dopo la scadenza dell'inserzione! Ma anche se ci fosse, gradirei che possa essere rimborsato almeno 50% delle commissioni pagate! 

I totally get where you're coming from. It's pretty normal for GTL users to feel this way at some point—haha, it happens!

If I were to pitch an idea to improve this, how about adding a perk for GTL fee bypass for a limited number of listings (like 5) in PvP rewards? This way, everyone could have a fair shot at accessing these perks.

By the way, since you mentioned a suggestion, there's a perfect place for sharing such ideas—the 'Suggestion Box' section on the forum 😉

15 hours ago, Doctor said:

Probably not, the main reason those fees are there in the first place is to reduce inflation by removing money from the system, pretty much like any other stuff that demands you to burn money into NPCs like TMs, breeding items, etc etc

1 hour ago, BreederXp said:

Listing fees are designed (IMO) to promote fair listing prices. If players can list things for inflated numbers due to no fear or penalty of losing the listing fee, then this will cause prices to potentially artificially inflate. Also noted above, it is another form of money sink. 

Both of you are correct, there isn't really any benefit in changing this from a design perspective.