In-game Suggestion: Whispers in-game should be more than just a notification sound

Leiyon

Question

I want to suggest making whispers in-game have a prompt or icon appear when received. I just need visual confirmation sometimes cuz the notif sound gets drowned out by either game music or other sounds in my background. Make it like messaging apps or like an email - the whole Chat Tab will change color to green or something when there's a whisper, and stay the same color otherwise.

4 answers to this question

Agree, I hope there will be more obvious notifications (at least private message channels)

That little green dot is not very obvious, and it may not be easy to detect in the player's quick operation

In addition, the email prompt sound on mobile devices is often swallowed, and the email prompt text is not directly displayed on the screen like on a computer. Sometimes I don't even know someone has sent me an email

16 hours ago, kuuai said:

Agree, I hope there will be more obvious notifications (at least private message channels)

That little green dot is not very obvious, and it may not be easy to detect in the player's quick operation

In addition, the email prompt sound on mobile devices is often swallowed, and the email prompt text is not directly displayed on the screen like on a computer. Sometimes I don't even know someone has sent me an email

Honestly it would be nice for them to implement an optional audio channel system. This would make a work around for discord.

21 hours ago, MorsCorda said:

Honestly it would be nice for them to implement an optional audio channel system. This would make a work around for discord.

Would that not overload the servers though? The amount of data needed to implement that would most likely cause servers to lag and in turn, affect gameplay. 

9 hours ago, Leiyon said:

Would that not overload the servers though? The amount of data needed to implement that would most likely cause servers to lag and in turn, affect gameplay. 

It would depend on how its implemented. Theres ways to connect audio to games without it affecting the main program. Other games that are pretty old manage it. Its something that would be up to the developers to figure out if they are willing to put in that type of effort; it would no doubt grow the game immediately.