[Art Contest] On the Night Before Christmas (Friday, 15th December - Sunday, 31st December)

Tsiy

On 12/22/2023 at 4:16 PM, Tsiy said:

For specification,

Ai art, or art that utilizes Ai in anyway, will not be considered for judging.

Sorry for any confusion

Yeah because no way the present one isn't AI. I mean most prompt based image generators would confuse strings on a hoodie with strings for a present too lol. Also when i reverse image search it

On 12/28/2023 at 12:52 AM, Drtonyhuge said:

Yeah because no way the present one isn't AI. I mean most prompt based image generators would confuse strings on a hoodie with strings for a present too lol. Also when i reverse image search it

EDIT: I thought we were talking about a different artwork, and yeah, you’re absolutely right, that one is also AI. So far 3 entries in this thread are AI generated.

Edited by Doctor

Ok this is becoming a bit problematic, i think we all prefer that in future events authors attach proof that their work is original, such as a sketch or something related to the process.

7 hours ago, Doctor said:

No, that one is not AI. Be careful with those assessments because they can come off as rude for no reason. Source: I'm an artist for a living.

Idk if the author of that drawing has any proof, if so, it would be great, nothing can ensure if it is real or not. me, at least, have never seen him participating before.

4 hours ago, Tear said:

Ok this is becoming a bit problematic, i think we all prefer that in future events authors attach proof that their work is original, such as a sketch or something related to the process.

Idk if the author of that drawing has any proof, if so, it would be great, nothing can ensure if it is real or not. me, at least, have never seen him participating before.

I'm a bit lost, which drawing are you referring to? There's one in this thread that is very clearly AI and I already reported it as such, but starting to demand proof from everyone and witch hunts is unnecessary. And people not participating before doesn't have anything to do at all with AI or not, lol

EDIT: Ok I just saw the "Smoochum" and idk how I missed that one, thought we were talking about a different artwork entirely. Yeah that Pocoyo ahh drawing is very clearly AI as well, gotta love the effort of trying to pass that weird pink rabbit as a Smoochum tbh

Edited by Doctor
7 hours ago, Doctor said:

I'm a bit lost, which drawing are you referring to? There's one in this thread that is very clearly AI and I already reported it as such, but starting to demand proof from everyone and witch hunts is unnecessary. And people not participating before doesn't have anything to do at all with AI or not, lol

EDIT: Ok I just saw the "Smoochum" and idk how I missed that one, thought we were talking about a different artwork entirely. Yeah that Pocoyo ahh drawing is very clearly AI as well, gotta love the effort of trying to pass that weird pink rabbit as a Smoochum tbh

Yes i'm referring to the "Smoochum" one as obviously AI but also the present one because its pretty clearly based on Harry Potter fanart which you can see with reverse image search. It also has the strings of the hoodie and strings of the present confused, this is a hallmark of AI prompts being used to generate both objects. I don't want to call out names and potentially aggravate the rules. My girlfriend is working very hard on her entry without AI so i felt compelled to make my first ever forum post after almost a decade of playing pokemmo on and off again lol. 

Edited by Drtonyhuge

I'm sorry for double posting, but I don't want to edit my original post to avoid confusion if I changed my drawing when the deadline is over. I made a little gif sharing my process. I usually draw a messy sketch or thumbnail using a pen and paper, then scan the drawing (or take a good picture if you don't have a scanner) and start drawing digitally.

Christmas_Progress.gif.3c4fcf6777aca400ee0231c9b1d87cb8.gif

Merry Christmas everyone! You all did wonderful jobs, I hope you had as much fun making your submissions as I did creating mine!

In-Game Name: PokeVanna

The attached will be a picture of my in-game character alongside my Snorlax,GKzY9sC.png

my concept sketches as proof,CRSnYRk.jpg

and the final submission fully colored.

Title: Jingle Jaws, Santa Snorlax's Sweets Scheme

tJLzfAu.jpg