Ditto Farming with Payday (Updated with Johto Strat)

4 minutes ago, Mimighster said:

Not quick ball, fast ball. So you do the same thing as with net balls, yawn, pay day and ball. But instead they will transform to Espeon who has 100+ base speed so you get the 4x catch rate (as long as it works of Dittos newly transformed pokemons base stats which I assume it does if net ball works of the transformed pokemons typing). Also the Synchronize to adamant is just to increase the average profit on your Ditto. A ditto with 31 ATK or 31 SPD and adamant is worth much more than one with other natures.

Oh ok. Fast ball is 2,800 (on GTL. Not sure if this can be purchased on mart) and net ball is 1,350. That is an extra 1.5k (or we can say double the cost of net balls) per catch for additional 0.5 catch rate and 20% nature. Also what happens if demand is high and supply is low? (If ever fast balls cannot be purchased on Mart).

The current catch rate is quite high already with net balls though. 

You might have missed this because you replied while I was editing.

PS: The sleep you worry about happens zero or twice every 64 catches. I'm not sure why a lot of people find this a very big issue. 1 awakening costs 300 yen and you get 400-450 yen instead for every non-horde encounter. Imagine giving up 25,600 -28,800 yen just because you don't want to spend 0-600 yen on awakening.

2 minutes ago, enzo172014 said:

Oh ok. Fast ball is 2,800 (on GTL. Not sure if this can be purchased on mart) and net ball is 1,350. That is an extra 1.5k (or we can say double the cost of net balls) per catch for additional 0.5 catch rate and 20% nature. Also what happens if demand is high and supply is low? (If ever fast balls cannot be purchased on Mart).

The current catch rate is quite high already with net balls though. 

You might have missed this because you replied while I was editing.

PS: The sleep you worry about happens zero or twice every 64 catches. I'm not sure why a lot of people find this a very big issue. 1 awakening costs 300 yen and you get 400-450 yen instead for every non-horde encounter. Imagine giving up 25,600 -28,800 yen just because you don't want to spend 0-600 yen on awakening.

I don't find the sleep a big issue at all. Was just listing it as another minor benefit if the catch rate is 100% it will save time, wasted balls and reduce sleep risk to 0. Currently I do Apricorn runs and get a few fast balls for the base price. But yeah if you wanted to do it on mass I don't think the extra cost of the balls would be worth it. The other day I was seeing them go as low as 2k which might make them worth, but their won't be enough supply to stay at that price as you say.

Was just putting the idea out there in case you or someone else can think of a way to optimise it. 31 SPD for ATK IV dittos go for over 5x if they have adamant atm. But looking at the pokeball options to me it seems there isn't a way to utilise Espeon and keep the catch rate high for cheap. Also thanks for the guide, it's a great method.