Make Mods Great Again

realmadrid1809

Question

11 answers to this question

Completely agree with this. The theme selection on android is a feature I've always wanted and it makes me sad that to this day it hasn't been made possible.

Also, as a controller player, the client has some limitations that make no sense. While the compatibility is there, some shortcuts are simply not present for some reason (like the gtl one).
I'm sharing here some screenshots to show the difference between normal shortcuts and controller shortcuts (can it really be that hard to add them as options for controller aswell?).

I love PokeMMO and I really hope the devs give due attention to this customization issue, since it makes the game much more enjoyable for countless players.

javaw_0aAXt8os77.png

javaw_gbnEi7MhWt.png

Valid post.
Love the Archetype Team.

Wanted to add in the realm of gifs that allowing .apng or other loseless high-quality animated video formats will allow lower file sizes and better quality sprites. This applies to Battlesprites, followers, heck, even themes.

GIF is outdated and surpassed by just about every other format.

But of course, the other issues you mentioned have been around for years and would be heaven-sent for a fix.

Just my two cents.

12 hours ago, LockeGriss said:

Completely agree with this. The theme selection on android is a feature I've always wanted and it makes me sad that to this day it hasn't been made possible.

Also, as a controller player, the client has some limitations that make no sense. While the compatibility is there, some shortcuts are simply not present for some reason (like the gtl one).
I'm sharing here some screenshots to show the difference between normal shortcuts and controller shortcuts (can it really be that hard to add them as options for controller aswell?).

I love PokeMMO and I really hope the devs give due attention to this customization issue, since it makes the game much more enjoyable for countless players.

Yeah no brainer right here. The Pokemon msg has always been on handhelds/controllers so it only makes sense to allow full playability on a controller.

Might be worth its own suggestion thread honestly.

11 hours ago, Joldz said:

This is a good example of an amazing mod that is held back/broken by developer 'bugs' which it details in the post the nature of the bugs.

5 hours ago, JDChaos said:

Valid post.
Love the Archetype Team.

Wanted to add in the realm of gifs that allowing .apng or other loseless high-quality animated video formats will allow lower file sizes and better quality sprites. This applies to Battlesprites, followers, heck, even themes.

GIF is outdated and surpassed by just about every other format.

But of course, the other issues you mentioned have been around for years and would be heaven-sent for a fix.

Just my two cents.

BS Reloded (in addition to archetype) is one of the main reasons why I made this thread. There is obviously a huge demand for these types of mods but they are hindered by the lingering bugs. I would love to use battle sprite mod but the bugs take the enjoyment out of it for me. Same goes for music mods. It gives the game a fresh breath of life.

Apng (or a similar format) would definitely enhance the quality of battle sprite mods while simultaneously keeping the file size smaller. Also the benefits of having real transparency and a wider color spectrum should be obvious. Like you mentioned themes would benefit from this too. E.g. the login animation of archetype requires over 100 files for a 5 second loop lol.

21 hours ago, LockeGriss said:

This is definitely worth its own suggestion thread. You should consider making one. I would upvote for sure.

9 hours ago, realmadrid1809 said:

Apng (or a similar format) would definitely enhance the quality of battle sprite mods while simultaneously keeping the file size smaller. Also the benefits of having real transparency and a wider color spectrum should be obvious. Like you mentioned themes would benefit from this too. E.g. the login animation of archetype requires over 100 files for a 5 second loop lol.

I would like to know if there is some technical reason why they have stuck with the format they have chosen. So if any Devs happen to take a look at this, let us know your thoughts!

Please give the developers of the mods the features they need! Love this game as vanilla but the mods make it a pristine gem I will come back to playing for years and years to come. If the mod devs are continually cut at the knee, mods become faulty, and/or ever become unusable it will be heart breaking.

Edited by Udazwor
On 2/20/2024 at 5:04 PM, Joldz said:

This is a good example of an amazing mod that is held back/broken by developer 'bugs' which it details in the post the nature of the bugs.

Pretty sure we still cant modify anchor point with this one so poke ball goes through floor when thrown and just looks silly.