A new "Baron Moray" equivalent to other special mons

caioxlive13

Question

Some time ago, during 10th Anniversary, a NPC was implemented, the Baron Moray. You trade with him Shinys for Prismatic Pearls. It was a great addition, but i think it could be better. We can receive equivalents to other type of mons.
- For Regular mons and Alphas: We pick someone at the region's cassino, and he will give you tokens based on the mon you bring onto it. A regular one gives you a certain amount of tokens based on level, IVs 31... Alphas give more than regular. This NPC won't accept Kanto Alpha Starters or Legendarys. Those tokens you can use onto a machine ressembling a Jackpot Machine, that for 1 token will give randomly a Candy. Vary from XS EXP Candys from Rare Candys. 
 - For Legendary Beasts: Researchers on the Professor's house will ask for you for legendarys. If you give them, you'll receive some of the items required to change their IVs. Elemental Orbs for any Kanto bird, and Rainbow Quills for Johto dogs.
The idea is to create a sink to drop mons and reduce inflation that rised greatly with Account box. Now, you don't need multiple Gym teams and E4 teams, this make less demand on them and increased the offer since there is more of those teams in GTL, who has multiple of them now are selling the extra ones. with this, you drop them on the NPCs and make it not end on GTL and reducing the offer.

Edited by caioxlive13

9 answers to this question

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Doctor said:

While I don't think the Account Box has created any form of inflation that wasn't already existing between alts, I do think this would make a great addition in general

It created. Before people would have like, 2-3 characters with Gym teams to farm. Each one having their own team. Now you don't need this. If you have one, you can use it on all characters. Who didn't had a team will now buy just one. Who had extra teams will sell the extra ones and keep one in the account box. The demand decreased a bit and the offer did a decent rise.

Edited by caioxlive13
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Doctor said:

You realize that you can just mail your gym rerun team to yourself and that's it right

Mail costs money. Assuming a 5 mon team, you'll spend $1600 mailing. on 50 farming days you already spended $80000 with transfering. That is using 1 account. Using 2 is $160000 after 50 farms. Long-term before, it would be better to have a fresh new team in a alt over mailing it. And that's considering the re-scale on the mails. Before was 1 mon at time, $5000 to transfer everything. taking the 50-day scale, you spend $250000 with transfer to an alt. $500000 with two characters.

Edited by caioxlive13

jesus u guys have life? 

u spend 1600 mailing, how much u earn from a rerun... i mean yes u can save pennies and get a dollar... i just dont seem to see the problem here... lol

Edited by DanDyD
1 hour ago, caioxlive13 said:

Mail costs money. Assuming a 5 mon team, you'll spend $1600 mailing. on 50 farming days you already spended $80000 with transfering. That is using 1 account. Using 2 is $160000 after 50 farms. Long-term before, it would be better to have a fresh new team in a alt over mailing it. And that's considering the re-scale on the mails. Before was 1 mon at time, $5000 to transfer everything. taking the 50-day scale, you spend $250000 with transfer to an alt. $500000 with two characters.

I don't think substracting $1600 from a $300,000+ rerun is that big of an issue considering you get that by paydaying 3 wild mons but oh well

3 hours ago, Doctor said:

I don't think substracting $1600 from a $300,000+ rerun is that big of an issue considering you get that by paydaying 3 wild mons but oh well

The real problem is some people consider. Ik a guy with basically 3 accounts and 7 characters, he breed 1 team to farm gym in each one of them. And don't ask how he has time to play 7 accounts, I don't know and that's not my problem. Now, he has like, 4 teams to sell basically because he needs just 3. 

1 hour ago, caioxlive13 said:

The real problem is some people consider. Ik a guy with basically 3 accounts and 7 characters, he breed 1 team to farm gym in each one of them. And don't ask how he has time to play 7 accounts, I don't know and that's not my problem. Now, he has like, 4 teams to sell basically because he needs just 3. 

Realistically, no, people don't really do that unless they're crazy rich and bored. You just transfer the mons between accounts and that's it. Source: I have 8 alts.