ROBBERY RESOLUTIONS

TuMorenitoFav

Question

Hello I'm gonna explain my personal case with the resolution that the mods gave me to a robbery that I suffered. (sorry for the length of it) 

I lent 4 of my pokes to one dude, for him to level them up to level 100, but then he decided to block me and sell them. 

I made captures of the transaction, the pokes ande the conversation because I knew it was going to happen, but I erroneously thought that the mods would give me back my pokes if the dude stole me. 

Then the dude stole me, i put the ticket to ask for help, and the answer I got (almost one week later) is that they banned the dude, but they couldn't get my pokes because the dude had sell them. And they give me one of the 4 pokes because the dude couldn't sell it, and a compensation for the others. 

Don't think that it was a huge compensation, no no, it was the money that the dude got for selling my pokes, NOT EVEN HIS REAL MARKET VALUE, the dude undersold them. And what the mods told me is that they can't get the pokes if the dude sold them or free them. 

How hard is it to give the buyer his money back and give me my pokes?? 

Anyways, so the conclusion I get with the resolution of problems like this is you can steal pokes from people with secondary accounts, pass them to your main for few money and keep them. 

Thanks for reading, I hope this gets changed, and with this post I don't want to encourage anyone to steal pokes from others, this is just my personal opinion and experience. 

(sorry if there is some misspelling, I'm not an English first speaker). 

To finish I'd like to say that if anyone is interested in the captures of the pokes, can answer this post, and I'd genuinely share them. 

7 answers to this question

Hi @TuMorenitoFav, ^^

Thank you for sharing your experience and remember before lending your pokemon to someone or giving it to them to level up, make sure they are a trustworthy person, validating if they have already trained pokemon before with friends or colleagues so you will avoid many problems or in any case you can level up your pokemon personally.

6 hours ago, TuMorenitoFav said:

Anyways, so the conclusion I get with the resolution of problems like this is you can steal pokes from people with secondary accounts, pass them to your main for few money and keep them. 

I am pretty sure that both accounts would be banned since both would be accounts from one individual. The staff can easily see if that is the case.

I do believe you should be given enough ¥ to match market price but not given the actual Pokemons back if they were sold. The one who bought them did so fairly and might have sold them too which make the whole process more complicated.

In any case, you always bear some responsibility once you decide to use one of those services and the lost ¥ will probably act as a reminder for you to be more careful. You can always find mostly trustworthy trainers with many reviews on the forums, I believe you would be more safe with them than with random people advertising in chat. But once again, nothing is 100% safe in trading for services.

Edited by Nyhew

I think the best devs could do is let the ID of the mons, that we see on the chat, publicy visible and trackable. When someone steals, instead of giving to the person the money that the other selled the mon for, they track down the mon via it's IP, take it away from the person who bought it and return to the owner, and give 100% refund to the buyer. Obviously the person who buyed would be informed like: "Hey, one of the mons you bought recently was stolen, so we took it away and gave it back to the owner. But to not let you on red, we're refunding the value spend on that mon"

It's not that easy, even tho it's a lvl 100 Pokemon somebody who bought it fairly after could use it, for example, as a breeder (because of particles), or, like someone said before reselling it for yen again, He might as well buy it and stop playing for a while. You want the staff to compensate and write apology letters to all the people involved because you unluckily risked it and chose a random person instead someone trustworthy..

I dont blame you, sry for your lost mons.. .-. 

Im sorry to read that man... I got scamed once too but bearminator saved my Ass...

Anyway,what i wanted to let ya know is...

Do a Background Check First...is this Guy known? Why is He/she/it so freakin cheap? Did He train Mons for ,,high ballers" so they can verify His legitimacy... 

If all These questions answer with a No,idk man or whatever...you need to Test this Guy.

Im an ev'trainer myself and im sure i got tested before from the Community... 

Dont Gift away Trust King...they need to earn it.

Hope you recover fast from your loss🤝!

Hi.

To explain the restoration of assets in your case:

One was sold for 1,22m. The current one lowest on GTL is 1,111m.
another was sold for 650k. The current value on GTL is 750k for ready comp and 600k for the breeder to be EV'd.

And finally, the last one was sold for 1,08 m. The current GTL prize is almost the same, and I see the original price of buying it was around the same.

The fourth one was restored.

Also, you've paid for service- 95k.

This totals +- 3,050,000, which was sent to you. If we receive a ticket that the mons are underpaid, we always check the case out. 

To address returning of pokemon and paying buyers:

It's not possible. They could've been traded away, released, or chain-traded among many players for different assets, not only money. This makes the reversal of trades impossible. In rare cases, like expensive shinies being scammed, we negotiate with the buyers (not scammers, legit buyers) to reach a positive outcome, but it will not always be positive. 

An example would be trading a comp Pokemon as one of many assets in exchange for a rare item, which also gets traded for other stuff—it creates a loop of trades.

Players get banned for scamming, and they lose all their assets. Understandably, losing money on those trades because of those players makes people mad, as they lose time that they must put into re-breeding assets or—in the case of items—part of the money lost in the process. There will be cases where players lose some money, but I would say that in most cases, players get back the total value of assets.

23 hours ago, TuMorenitoFav said:

If someone scams, we ban all accounts involved and can see if someone traded Pokemon to an alt or sold in a legit way. If Pokemon ends up in a banned account, it's restored, and it doesn't matter if it's alt or not.

I hope that clarifies. Of course, we understand strong emotions about the subject. I hope you will enjoy the game despite this situation. We will continue to try to catch and punish all scammers. We will not change this process so I will close the suggestion.