Shiny Breeding heads up

Yo guys,

I just learnt that IV inheritance works different for Shinies here and that 2x31 is always inherited (or the highest, for that matter).

Ive got an OT shiny magikarp with

HP 31/ ATT 31/ Def 15/ SpATT 15/ SpDEF 15/ Speed 31

If I bred that with like a Shiny gyarados with

HP X/ Att 31/ Def 31/ Spatt X/ SpDef 31/ Speed 31 

and give everstone to gyara and HP Brace to Magikarp, does that mean def and spdef will be the highest stat present? Cause the other ones dont need to be averaged? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Also, is Male OT Shiny and Female NON-OT Shiny gonna produce a OT**** Shiny or a UNKNOWN OT one?

Yeah dont do that breed....it will come Out unknown OT...

If you wanna keep this one your OT you need to have a female OT...Male doesnt matter^^

So May time OT mentioned xD

Long story short,the Species you wanna keep need's to be a female (your OT) and whatever Guy you breed into her for iv/Nature (can be whoevers OT) 

Hope i Could explain the Madness of shiny breeds,have a nice day

7 minutes ago, Xratello said:

Yeah dont do that breed....it will come Out unknown OT...

If you wanna keep this one your OT you need to have a female OT...Male doesnt matter^^

So May time OT mentioned xD

Long story short,the Species you wanna keep need's to be a female (your OT) and whatever Guy you breed into her for iv/Nature (can be whoevers OT) 

Hope i Could explain the Madness of shiny breeds,have a nice day

Don't believe what this guy is saying xd 

If you breed a Male Shiny (with your OT) + Female Shiny (not your OT) = Breed Shiny with your OT* (THIS ONLY HAPPEN IF BOTH SHINYS ARE FROM THE SAME SPECIE, in this case Magikarp and Gyarados are the same specie)

Male OT breeding with female not OT from the same specie will result in OT, just to clarify.

And about the IVs, highest possible will pass for extra stats, not highest possible as in the 31s. The highest special attack of the two pokemon could pass down as well, yielding a low roll in defense.

Hope this helps!

8 hours ago, Speshial said:

And about the IVs, highest possible will pass for extra stats, not highest possible as in the 31s. The highest special attack of the two pokemon could pass down as well

Does it mean that highest speed (31/31 >> 31, since it wasn't a braced stat) could also be the one passing as a "high" roll, inducing another lowroll in defense ?
Cause it's always how I thought it worked but maybe it doesn't

Edited by TohnR
4 hours ago, TohnR said:

Does it mean that highest speed (31/31 >> 31, since it wasn't a braced stat) could also be the one passing as a "high" roll, inducing another lowroll in defense ?
Cause it's always how I thought it worked but maybe it doesn't

Yes. Even 31/31 overlaps between the two parents can be chosen as "high roll" by the system as they are not locked with a brace.